Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 09:40PM

On the tithers public dime.

Now Wendy and Russell will be globe trotting to such far off destinations this month as Kona, Hawaii; Papeete, Tahiti; Suva, Fiji; Auckland, New Zealand; and Sydney, Australia, among other exotic locations including the Tongan Islands.

Not bad for a couple of romantics on the tithepayer dime.

They're making out like a couple of bandits and laughing all the way to the bank and back. The sightseeing, the shopping, the dining, the sunning, the snoozing, and the schmoozing.

Oya vey. It must be nice to be Mormon Royalty when you get to be King of the Hill for the day to have some fun in the sun.

Brigham Young never had it so good. He'd be drooling all the way from his tomb along with his 55 wives.

It's really a 10 day excursion, AAA style. Bed and breakfast included.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900070705/lds-church-mormon-president-russell-m-nelson-pacific-tour-2019-dates-schedule-events-sydney-australia.html

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2019 09:45PM by Amyjo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 10:40PM

With any luck they'll be too tired at night for any scribblings with the lighted pen.

Date: May 16, 2019 10:20PM

Ha !

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 16, 2019 12:48AM

shame & guilt (aka responsibility for one's choices-actions) are reserved for the rank-and-file of ChurchCo, the leaders want no part of it.

Posted by: Gaffer ( )
Date: May 16, 2019 01:23AM

I'm more interested in knowing the make up of the entourage that follows. For openers, are they flying first class on United or private jet? Support staff....? Speech writer(s), nurse/medic (Neslon's a Doc...heal thyself), Front Man and Woman (and plurals), Church Security, Drivers, Cars, Cooks, Stewards, etc.

Could be quite the trip....

peace out....gaf

Date: May 16, 2019 01:26AM

and you're suggesting that costs will be an issue for these folks? Really?

Date: May 16, 2019 06:58AM

Plus, must include the attending GA's and *their* wives that will be accompanying them, along with their administrative staffs.

Yes, quite the entourage!

First class, no doubt. They don't want to intermingle much with the commoners and risk catching germs while sitting in coach. Nelson is too germaphobic for that.

Heck, maybe they do take a private jet. That might be more cost effective considering the price of first class these days.

It's not something they have to worry about though. That is overseen by their money handlers.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 16, 2019 07:04AM

I know I shouldn’t hope for deep vein thrombosis, but...

Date: May 16, 2019 07:23AM

Wendy likely has that covered too. There are special socks they sell for that to wear on board airplanes. I can see her and Russ putting them on before they board their flights.

She is his "nurse-in-waiting" after all.

Posted by: AJM ( )
Date: May 16, 2019 07:58AM

When will the Russell Nielsen "The Pacific Tour" t-shirts be available?

Date: May 16, 2019 08:21AM

Yeay right?!

Coming soon at the Chitty Creek Center Mall nearest you.

Date: May 16, 2019 02:22PM

Russ & Wendy got to go on Vacation, and all I got was this crummy T-shirt...

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: May 16, 2019 08:32AM

They will be so busy having a good time, prolly won't have time for any of the TSCC stuff. I imagine the won't be sitting through any long and boring church sacrament meetings... heck... they will be sitting on the beach sipping their "non-alcoholic" drinks and soaking up the sun. Better start looking for my third job... that trip isn't going to pay for itself!

Date: May 16, 2019 11:21AM

It does sound more like a trip to go on an exotic vacation rather than a church business trip. That they're going to do church work while there just makes it sound "official" so they can write it off as a church expense. Hence, not a personal one.

They have a whole slew of accountants and lawyers to handle such matters to look after their affairs. They can leave all the worrying up to them. Must be nice, eh?

They live like royalty, because in their minds they are royalty.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: May 16, 2019 12:08PM

I was confused by the thread title. I thought this was about the TV shows "The Jetsons" and "The Honeymooners." Especially since "The Flintstones" is "The Honeymooners" reimagined. Oh well.

Date: May 16, 2019 10:37PM

Imagine those two having fun like a couple of newlyweds.

Never mind. I kinda don't want to picture that.

I wonder if they ever get to go anywhere spontaneously?

I mean here they are going on a 9-10 day Pacific Island excursion. And it turns into a major production.

You never hear about them taking a simple vacation. They go all out.

Despite their taking planned church business stops along the way to make their trip seem like it's official business for PR reasons, it is still a sight seeing pleasure trip in the South Seas in the month of May.

Date: May 16, 2019 02:25PM

Maybe they'll leave ( ) in charge in SLC in case anything needs immediate hands-on attention:

Bednar

Hinckey's Ghost

That German Guy who got demoted; what's his name again?

Musketeers

Mouseketeers

Three Stooges

Date: May 16, 2019 10:18PM

Definitely the take charge kind of dudes, aka

The Three Stooges moving furniture from the haunted Smorgasbord Castle. Transpose that for the Salt Lake Temple lolololol.

https://www.threestooges.com/1949/02/03/the-ghost-talks/

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 16, 2019 10:43PM

From another exmo board, and rather than cut and paste, I'll synopsize it:

Rusty, Wendy, Gerritt Gong, his wife, and a church security guy are flying in a Delta Airlines private jet directly from SLC to Kona, with catering from a very expensive place I've heard of, Flemings.

Russ the Fuss Ballard + one (an unnamed female!) and Bob Gay and his wife, along with a security guy, are flying Delta Jets Global Express non-stop from SLC to Tokoyo, also with catering by Flemings. In each case, each plane only has the five passengers.

The informant opines that the round trip flying expenses for the ten people will total over $800,000.

But maybe it's actually an investment that will pay off with dividends far exceeding the $800K? Ya gotta spend money to make money!! And I'm sure few TBMs will feel at all critical towards these mormonic leaders.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.