Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 16, 2019 04:13PM

<phew> The article says nothing about the mid-1960s and hooligan mormon elders climbing all the pyramids and flipping bottle caps off the tops of said pyramids.

Why? Hell, why not!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: May 16, 2019 04:50PM

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: May 16, 2019 04:55PM

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: May 17, 2019 12:29AM

But I always say "Teoti hua can do what?" because I really want to know what Teoti can do.

Some people say "Sacsay huaman!" But I say "don't objectify women that way because it makes you sound like a crude ogler in a strip club.

Some people say "Titi Caca!" But I say "you need to clean up your filthy language and focus on things that are edifying and constructive."

(Am I the only one who knows about the big "these are the ancient place names" prank that the Peruvians played on archaeologists?")

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 17, 2019 12:31AM

I have no idea. It's all Adamic to me.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: May 17, 2019 04:02AM

If Adam is on di Ahman, what is di Ahman on? Nobody ever asks that question. Why not?

I do remember translating some ancient Adamic texts using the Stone of Gomer.

I can't recall the original Adamic words because they were engraved on stone tablets and those stone tablets were taken away by an angel, who told me that they were needed in heaven to prop up the axle of a broken archangel chariot that needed an overhaul and was parked out in the driveway in front of Michael's heavenly mansion. (The axle had been propped up on a six-pack of paylay ale, but when Moroni, who had come over to do some work on Michael's chariot, got into the chariot to put something in the 8-track player, the added weight was too much and the paylay ale bottles all broke.)

But I still have the English translation of the sacred text in my notebook. It goes like this: "If a pelican and a toucan can each do the can-can, can an Ameri-can in Teotihua-can do the can-can with the pelican and the toucan?"

I've been pondering those words ever since.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: May 17, 2019 09:07AM

An RfM prize for this post! Particularly the idea of a six-pack of Pay Lay Ale :-D Thanks Wally.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: May 17, 2019 09:36AM

I'm more concerned about the extreme climate change in 535-536, as noted in the article. My first thought was that the burning of Teotihuacan caused it, but apparently it preceded the burning of the city by at least 100 years.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.