Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: May 18, 2019 11:25AM

.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ElORM9O-0U

Tal Bachman used to be a presence on RFM but seemed to get lots of criticism; not sure if that's why he's not around now.

20 years passes just like that, huh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2019 11:25AM by memikeyounot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aloysius ( )
Date: May 18, 2019 11:44AM

I heard that song the other day and had the same thought. TB was pretty active here when I first started hanging around. Wonder what he's up to these days.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 18, 2019 02:32PM

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: May 18, 2019 02:52PM

I never knew that song had been a #1 hit. I remember well the time he and his wife spoke at an exmo conference in SLC. Seems like they had just recently had their 7th or 8th child.

Posted by: The Oneders ( )
Date: May 18, 2019 03:09PM

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: May 18, 2019 03:27PM

That appears to be the case.

With all due respect to his talent, honesty, and intelligence, he really got stuck after that song. He sometimes copied non-essential elements from it, as in "Aeroplane," which wasn't nearly as good. Or he changed his style completely, forfeiting his comparative advantage to sound more like Justin Timberlake or similar artists. And I fully believe that his record label suppressed some really good work, the time for which may have passed us by.

Such is life, and I hope he's doing well in all his varied activities. He's a Canadian media presence, isn't he?

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: May 18, 2019 05:32PM

Tal is not only an incredibly talented musician, he is extremely intelligent. I knew Tal and his family personally for many years, and thought of him fondly as a good friend. However, as many here can attest, Tal received a fair amount of criticism on RFM due to the fact that he is often verbally abusive. In numerous threads he would inevitably start with the name calling and personal denigration of whomever disagreed with him. One day, I did something - God knows what - to tick Tal off and he became verbally abusive to me as well. I was extremely patient with him for a long time. As one who grew up in a truly abusive family, there is no way I'm going to put up with that shit for long. In a last ditch effort to save our friendship, I told him myself that he is verbally abusive. He seemed genuinely surprised and grieved and asked how so. I wrote him a thoughtful letter with very specific, textbook examples of his verbal abuse. Needlees to say, the end of our friendship was quite ugly.

Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: May 18, 2019 05:51PM

We each forget those with whom we agree.

It is the abrasive that rub deep, revealing stuff we each hate most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aRor905cCw

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.