Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wowza ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 07:05AM

So in the midst of their new testament lessons. the church stuck a highly political video. "seeking fairness for all" . They try to couch the LDS perspective on gay rights (ie. allowing them or not allowing them to marry) as just another view point and that we all should respect one another.

The amazing avoidance of the issue at hand is amazing. They never mention that the church was actively trying to limit the rights of another group.

When the woman, who is a member speaks to her bishop. I can't even explain... its as if critical thinking doesn't exist. She has no idea what a constructive argument is and the bishop's explanation doesn't correct her, he just asks that she not be so emotional and angry. lol

Anyway, my apologies... here you go.

https://www.lds.org/study/manual/come-follow-me-for-individuals-and-families-new-testament-2019/19?lang=eng

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 07:43AM

Mormonism isn’t exactly a thinking man’s religion.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen 2.0 ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 03:18PM

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 03:41PM

Aggh! Those eyes. They make mine burn!

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 04:42PM

Mormonism(opps... sorry I mean... the TCOJCOLDS) will give you all the answers... but please refrain from asking any questions! And obey, obey, obey!!!!

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 04:20PM

to questions that no sane person would ask.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 05:08PM

This is all about a person or business the right to deny service based on the high moral ground as an objection to "religious freedom".

From the film:

"All that I am asking is that you recognize that the same rights you want for gays be granted to those that think differently than you."

ex. There are plenty of physicians that can perform an abortion if one objects to it. Why force someone to betray their own conscience?

ex. A traditional marriage counselor refusing to have gay couples because he/she doesn't believe in gay sexual relations.

Oh this gem from the film:

"There will always be bigots, but gay bigotry towards reasonable religious people isn't the answer."

-This clip reiterates a lot of malarkey that I never saw in the church or its leaders.

-We listen to opposite views. Really?

-We agree to disagree. No, it's either resign or face a church disciplinary court. The gospel is black and white. There are no gray matters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2019 05:14PM by messygoop.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 03:57PM

messygoop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are no gray matters.

"The Gospel" is 2 shades of grey. A pure and delightsome shade and a dirty cursed shade.

Instead of a sexual "play room" they have a "sealing room" where they get out the togas for some pre cum laude for making covenant babies instead of fun in shades of greybies.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 08:00PM

it is supposed to be "friendly." You can never trust the mormons. EVER. They always have some ulterior motive and we get to find out after the fact.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.