Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TT ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 09:39AM

I don’t think I see any mention of the LGBTQ policy reversal in the May Ensign which covers the April General Conference. Since making the big announcement before conference, has the church officially addressed it in any form of media?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 10:04AM

Now comes the cover-up.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 11:01AM

They are no doubt trying to gauge the internal reaction, as well as how it is impacting their recruitment efforts. If they feel that either category is seeing positive results, they will start to own it and brag about it. If they see that there is no recruitment bump and the old guard is getting irritated, they'll start to walk it back.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 11:02AM

The "Brethren" have learned that "less is more" is not only true in decorating and dressing, but is also good in church policy. The less you say the less you have to take back and the less risk you have for having to wipe egg off your face later.

Covering up history has always been a tiring task, but in the Information Age it is requiring a Herculean effort to "muck teh corral" and they just don't want to do it anymore. So much easier to just slowly go mainstream bigots instead of specialized bigots.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 04:45PM

"The less you say the less you have to take back and the less risk you have for having to wipe egg off your face later."

The Satanic Internet Chorus stands ready, willing, and able to apply as much egg as will stick (and then some).

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 07:47PM

Poor ChurchCo; In spite of their 'best efforts' & tons of $ being spent on PR … including the promotion of their so-called 'charitable contributions', they just can't catch a break!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 09:00PM

They made such a HUGE thing of it when they started the new policy, but then I don't think it was meant to get out back then, that someone from the church office building had leaked it to John Dehlin and so they had to address it.

They did this just before conference and I KNEW they wouldn't mention it and they didn't.

I doubt my TBM daughter has even heard about it. If I don't mention these things, she doesn't know about them, like the changes to temple marriages. She didn't know.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 10:04PM

TT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don’t think I see any mention of the LGBTQ
> policy reversal in the May Ensign which covers the
> April General Conference. Since making the big
> announcement before conference, has the church
> officially addressed it in any form of media?

Does anyone know what is the lead time for ENSIGN?

(Lead time: The time between when an issue is put to bed (sent to the printer by the editor(s)), and when the final product arrives at its ultimate destination(s).)

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: May 20, 2019 10:26PM

it was6nt announced in conference, but on the 4th, before conference. It won't be in the conference report because it wasn't part of conference.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.