Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 07:17PM

Just respond, "Agreed. There are much better reasons to leave church. Like self respect."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 07:21PM

It worked. It's a variation of the milk strippings argument.

Date: May 21, 2019 07:22PM

Also, just ask them to specify "which" church as "the church" is both generic and arrogant.

They are so desperate to believe we all left for petty reasons. Post a few of the real reasons people leave and all they know how to do is claim their are "anti-Momron lies! Lies I tell you! Lies!"

Date: May 22, 2019 10:24AM

Mormons are the very reason that the phrase, "No win situation" was invented.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 07:38PM

I see more and more how impossible it is to be friends with mormons. No matter what they say, they all think we are a bunch of lazy people who are too stupid to get how very special they are.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 08:26PM

"Don't let 'anyone' be the cause why you leave church"

Even if it's the 'prophet' claiming minor administrative changes as great lighted pen revelations?
Even if the church leadership institutes harmful policies that contribute to youth suicide?
Even if the documented history of the church is hidden or whitewashed by those leaders?
Even if trained Egyptologists laugh at the Book of Abraham?
Even if the leadership considers church finances none of the members business?
Even if things that were once doctrine are now denied by those leaders?

Aren't those leaders "anyone"?

Date: May 21, 2019 08:43PM

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 08:53PM

Well, for me it was kind of that way: I went because of people and I left because of people.

So that all evened out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2019 08:55PM by mel.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 10:31AM

Mormons are right. I left because I was offended. I found Joseph Smith to be offensive.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 10:37AM

I noticed in Cl2's meme that the word is all upper case: "CHURCH."

I notice that when referring to the local ward or chapel, Mormons use lower case, "I saw so-and-so at church today." But when referring to tCoJCoLdS, they use upper case, as in, "The Church is important to me."

Do I have that "write" for common usage?

Date: May 22, 2019 11:29AM

What she replied with in terms of "we just want to share the religion we love with those we think would benefit from it."

I said, "DO YOU REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO? I've been where you are, you haven't been where I am." I told her it was offensive and would she like me to start telling her the things I know so she can be happy OUTSIDE of the church.

She has "acted" as though she accepts my choices, but her replies tell me that she still believes I believe deep down. It will really upset her when she sees I've cut her off. Too bad. I'm so sick of mormons. Next time the neighbors invite me to a church function, I WILL tell the wife that I don't believe, that I was once very devout, but I DO NOT BELIEVE and I don't want the invitations to church activities. If she chooses to keep her kids away from me, so be it. I'm sick of mormons.

Date: May 22, 2019 11:49AM

"They" always believe that you still believe "deep down."

My family still tell each other that they know I know "deep down" that "the CHURCH" is true.

It is infuriating. The one thing in life that makes me madder than anything else is when someone thinks they know me better than I know myself. I boil.

Although with my family it is just rather amusing after all these years. Time doesn't really heal, but it can make some things funny.

Date: May 22, 2019 01:49PM

But you are right, I HATE it when people think they know me better than I know myself.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 11:26AM

I think I would respond, "You're right. There are plenty of other churches to choose from. No need to let one bad ward or congregation keep you from the gospel." :p

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 11:36AM

Don't let just anyone be the cause for your leaving the church. Make it Joseph Smith.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 12:23PM

Not only is that poor English, it's nonsense. Typical mormon thinking that you can control what others think and do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2019 12:24PM by Devoted Exmo.

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 01:43PM

I left the Mormon Church... now TCOJCOLDS. I couldn't stand the people in the congregations. And my family moved several times so I was exposed to several. Around 16 I told my parents I am done and they excepted that and I never went again. (They were slowly on the outs anyways). I never gave the church a single thought until the fated SB17. That's when I started digging around and became pro-active against the church. I am so glad I got out when I was young enough not to be scarred by that religion. When someone asks me what religion I belong to I proudly exclaim I am a MORmON and through long thought and prayer have come to the conclusion that the BofM is a fraud, and the COJCOLDS is even a bigger fraud!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 01:59PM

I think a better meme would say Don't let religion interfere with your faith.

I don't really know where I stand, but I know that I'm done with any type of organized church and or religion. I set my own terms and I'm a happier person.

And I think Cl2 is such a great person who doesn't deserve abuse from pushy and judgmental hacks.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 02:43PM

I can say that if the members weren't such raging idiots, it would have been easier to be one of them. I have no interest in meetings of any kind. I like interesting, informed people.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 02:58PM

Here's another meme that I seriously can't describe, but in my view is totally, TOTALLY on target!

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/brp9wj/thats_anti_no_thats_church_history/

Date: May 22, 2019 03:09PM

Love it. And I would describe it as no MAN knows church history. The women have it. TBMs don't give them much credence.

Posted by: Exminion ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 02:58PM

Right, messygoop, Cl2 doesn’t deserve this. None of us do. We don’t have to swallow this poison.

This propaganda is directed toward the Mormons themselves. The more they repeat a lie, the more it seems to be “true. No Mormon has asked me WHY I left; but several have TOLD me. Oh yes, that makes me boil, too.

Cl2’s friend is falling for it—even though she has a real live example of the truth in her best friend.

Mormon spouses, parents, children will believe the propaganda over their own loved ones! This is despicable. Where’s the love?

I think we owe it to ourselves to keep repeating the Truth, every time we hear a lie. That’s the least we can do

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 03:11PM

Hmmmm....

"...anyone...they are not the reason ...in the first place."?

Let's see: "One spring morning in 1820, JOSEPH SMITH went out...."

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 03:13PM

TBMs believe that most exmos left because someone offended them. Why don't they ever wonder why Mormonism has produced so many offensive people who have pushed people out of the church? Mormons are the very elect, God's chosen covenant keepers. How can they be so perfect and so offensive at the same time?

Date: May 22, 2019 03:19PM

want2bx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mormons
> are the very elect, God's chosen covenant keepers.
> How can they be so perfect and so offensive at the
> same time?

Because God is an ass.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.