Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 09:21PM

If you can justify singing the praises of a man who had 34 so-calle "wives" who were really just rape victims, 11 of whom were actually victims of child rape and another 11 victims were other mens wives, stay the fuck away from me,
my wife and
ESPECIALLY my kids!!!.
If nothing else it was a massive abuse of power, the likes of which we see all the way through the history of this abusive Doomsday sex CULT of Joseph's Myth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 10:19PM

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 10:44PM

Great post!

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 10:58PM

All of those aspects of Joseph Smith's life and history are completely off the radar for them. They don't talk about it. They don't read about it.

When they sing "Praise to the Man" the only images in their head are those that you can find in the Ensign or church lesson manuals. You know...

(1) Jesus and Heavenly Father glowing like two columns of stadium floodlights in the middle of the woods, floating about 5 feet off the ground above Joseph Smith.

(2) Joseph Smith sitting at a table carefully reading each page of the golden plates and translating them with the gift of God.

(3) Joseph Smith being martyred at Carthage, the shedding of his blood being the shedding of the purest, most innocent blood that ever existed other than the blood of Christ (and even that could be debatable according to some of the things that Joseph Smith said about himself being superior to Christ in setting up and managing the true church).

Of course none of the images in their head match up to reality. But most Mormons are not dealing with reality at all when they're doing their Mormon things. They're basically worshiping a comic book hero who is no more real than Spiderman, Batman or the Flash.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 06:09AM

Thank you for some common sense. Joseph Smith is not this to TBMs.

It doesn't help either that some of JS' opponents were not above writing lies about him either, which is a fact TBMs do know, and that colors their opinion of factual accounts.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 11:20PM

Well, I didn’t know and had no clue that there was anything to investigate. Mormons are brainwashed in a way that keeps them inside a bubble. Mormonism is one brand of that. There’s a fine line between culture and madness. When you’re in it you don’t see it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2019 11:21PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: rowleyda ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 11:27PM

I have a problem. I'm disturbed. I left Mormonism long ago yet I still have family hooked into it. One of my sisters, devout, and I had a conversation and I brought up Mountain Meadows Massacre. She told me the Mormons had the right to kill those people. I was stunned beyond belief. I haven't been able to come to terms with my own flesh and blood condoning murder. Has this happened to other people? I'm beginning to think that she is losing her mind - or something. It is frightening. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 11:32PM

They didn’t look at it that way when the case was brought to trial. Aren’t Mormons supposed to sustain the law?

The MMM is the one thing in its history that the church has actually apologized for. You can’t rub their face in it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2019 11:34PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 11:53PM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They didn’t look at it that way when the case
> was brought to trial. Aren’t Mormons supposed to
> sustain the law?
>
> The MMM is the one thing in its history that the
> church has actually apologized for. You can’t
> rub their face in it.

I've studied the MMM as much as most posters here, I don't classify any of the GA statements concerning it as apologies; they came 'sorta close' once, but overall they've mostly danced around it.

I don't believe they've seriously considered compensating the victim's families or even repaying the 'foster child' families were required to pay them when the survivors were returned to relatives; Remember Hoax said ChurchCo doesn't apologize...

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: May 21, 2019 11:54PM

I don't know your sister. But if I had to hazard a guess, I would guess that she's just whistling past the graveyard on that one. She probably doesn't really know any of the historical details and is just hoping in her mind that the massacre was somehow justified (because if it wasn't, then her world view and belief system will be plunged into a very uncomfortable turmoil...i.e. cognitive dissonance).

So to stay in a comfortable mental zone, a still small voice tells her that the victims at MM were probably just a bunch of cutthroats and prophet killers who deserved to die and their horses and surviving children were better off being "liberated" into the hands of the Mormons.

If you were ever to propose to her that you spend about 10 hours together going over and learning the historical facts of the Mountain Meadows Massacre and then discuss it all, I wouldn't be surprised if she declined. She DOES NOT WANT TO KNOW that the Mormons were the bad guys. I doubt that she really endorses and condones murder. She just wants to believe that it was not murder. She wants to believe that it was something else. Justifiable punishment for capital crimes or something like that.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 11:41AM

Posted by: Exminionjwf6m ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 08:31AM

Brainwashing makes Mormons impervious to the facts.

Wally is right: your sister doesn’t want to know, in the first place. If you could corner her and make her listen, she would say you are lying. She would say that Satan had a hold on you, and that the Mormon prophets are the only ones who will “never lead you astray.” Most of us were like your sister, once.

There is a basic goodness, a sense of reason, and a common sense built into most individuals—you can appeal to that, and wait patiently for reason to prevail. Some call this method “planting seeds.”

I would challenge your sister to ask questions about MMM, to her most revered church leader, whom she trusts, one on one, privately Ask her to pay attention to her gut FEELINGS, when the guy responds to her questions. (We suspect that he will not only deflect the questions, but might even attack her for asking them. He will squirm, avoid eye contact, frown, sweat, etc. she will unconsciously react to these “liar signals”. That’s why it’s important for her to ask these questions of Mormons. If she asks several Mormons, she might get conflicting stories, or an obviously canned and rehearsed reply. These will arouse feelings of suspicion

I left the cult soon after I began asking sincere questions about temple divorces, why certain people were granted a cancellation of sealing, and others were not, and why men could marry multiple times in the temple, and women could not. All I got were evasions, lies, false promises of a temple divorce, different papers to fill out, the papers were lost, and the rules kept changing. My gut reaction was: “It’s all a hoax!”

No one likes being lied to! Help your sister see that this is happening to her and her family.

Back to the original post.... Thank you, OP for really telling it like it is! I agree. I think—and feel—that ‘ormonism is evil. Mormons physically abused me and also my children, and the perps are still in the cult, getting promoted up the ranks, and abusing others.

Posted by: unconventional ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 09:49AM

Only if you have critical thinking skills.

If you are a magical thinker, believing in Mormonism is proof of that fact.

The honesty and integrity tests only apply to people with critical thinking skills. For instance, an attorney who stays in Mormonism is probably failing the honesty and integrity tests.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2019 09:50AM by unconventional.

Posted by: unconventional ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 09:52AM

Of course people would say he/she practices critical thinking in everything else in life except religion. And, if that’s the case, that would also be a fail when it comes to integrity.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 10:41AM

Reading the truthful details of the MMM and finding out about BY's true character was the final straw that broke this camel's back. Honesty and integrity. The opposites of BY. He got wind of the wealth that the Fancher/Baker party were carrying with them,so he ordered his henchmen to "use them up" and take the wealth. I realized that the oaths those murderers made among themselves after the massacre were almost the same as the penalties prior to 1990 in the endowment session. They were cutthroats,thieves,adulterers and murderers. I no longer wanted any part of this organization.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 11:50AM

But was he an atheist? That would "seal" the deal Koriwhore.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 10:16AM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But was he an atheist? That would "seal" the deal
> Koriwhore.

Who? Joseph Smith?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.