Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 01:21PM

I just posted why America is still a good country - where did my post go???

If you allow anti-American moderators to rule the board just say so and the rest of us can move along.

Why bother complaining about the hypocrisy of Mormonism when the new moderators with their agendas are employing the same tactics.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 01:50PM

My guess is it was deemed political

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 02:05PM

I didn't read it but perhaps it referred to a political agenda or candidate?

I love America and I'm not using anything political to prove my devotion. It's my country and I've been to many others and was always happy to come home to what I see as one of the best countries on earth, in the past, the present and hopefully in the future.

Date: May 27, 2019 02:06PM

Apparently "political" statements are allowed to stand as long as they run down our country and the presidency.
All others get pulled.

Perhaps a few volunteer moderators need to be asked if their motivation for volunteering is social engineering.

We have it too good in this country and many people who complain about America do not understand the reality of life in other countries.

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 03:06PM

Hi Elyse,

Is the post to which you are referring the one that started like this: "Americans who do not love America need to reside in a few other countries for a while."?

If so, it wasn't removed directly but got caught up in the removal of the parent. That was another off-topic post by an author who seems to treat the board like their personal Facebook account, repeatedly posting off-topic links after being told not to.

However, your post itself was quite political, with nothing to do with Mormonism, and would have been removed on its own. Also, you've called the mods "anti-American", which is hurtful and untrue. There's no reason to insult people just because you disagree with their decisions.

From my experience, the moderators try very hard to treat political posts with an even hand and do not play favorites. Unfortunately, much of politics has gotten so polarized that a lot of people see any opinion that does not agree with their own agenda as a personal attack and a weapon of the "enemy" team.

Instead of replying to political posts, please use the report feature to bring them to our attention. Even then, the mods may not get to your report instantly. Also, it's sufficient to report the post as "political". Please don't include editorials in the report, or attack the mods like, "Why do you allow political views like XXX to stand? You're biased against YYY!". The moderation team is composed of volunteers and none of them do the job full-time and none of them are paid. Please be nice.

If you want to post about politics, the Internet is a large and varied place with many venues that would welcome whatever views you happen to espouse. However, please keep the politics off of this board, unless there is a clear and direct link to Mormonism.

Thanks,

CZ (admin)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2019 03:18PM by Concrete Zipper.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 03:56PM

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 05:31PM

I said no in the original thread. I have visited a handful of foreign countries on multiple continents.

I said no for most of the same reasons I won't say the pledge of allegiance. I won't swear allegiance to an object, the flag. I find I can't love inanimate objects either.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 08:33PM

Everyone here is on a privately supported board. Their board their rules. There is no need for angry rants against the moderators. I completely support the mods and appreciate their unpaid efforts. If people would take a minute and read the board guidelines and go by them, there would be no need for these off-topic threads started to insult the mods.

I think the mods have shown great patience with everyone who has, against the guidelines, started these threads complaining about being deleted.

Date: May 28, 2019 07:41PM

Oh hi, thanks CZ for replying.

My post did not start out that way but the sentence was in the conclusion.

I would hate to think that it's now against the board rules to post what we appreciate about America, especially on Memorial Day, while certain posters run down our country.

Anyway, hope you had a great weekend.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 07:50PM

Don't presume you know the difference between those who love the country and those who don't.

Date: May 28, 2019 08:18PM

I made no such assertions.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 08:38PM

I didn't read the deleted thread, but it is very possible to love your country and really hate some politicians and policies. Standing against things you think are wrong with your country is the essence of patriotism.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 02:52PM

Ditto this ^^^^

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 03:07PM

America! The home of the free offers and the Milwaukee Braves!

But...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFt9D6ZIjOQ

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.