Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 02:22PM

Unfortunately, the poster going by "Bruce R. McDonkie" is a long-time troll who appears here from time to time in various guises. I've blocked that name and removed his posts, but he will probably try again.

Please use the report feature to alert the admins to any posts you find suspicious. Do not point them out on the board, just let us take care of things: we see more than you do, and have pretty good instincts that have been refined over the years.

Remember to keep posts on topic and avoid politics, unless it is specifically linked to Mormonism.

Thanks,

CZ (admin)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 02:26PM

Thanks. Good work.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 02:27PM

I called him on what he was saying and then never went back to see his response. But he stuck around and so I thought he must be legit.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 02:38PM

I'll report him next time, CZ.

The difficulty is that he is tolerated for weeks every time he shows up despite our listing several, often many, of his previously banned identities. It appears that the admins want him to be present.

Date: May 27, 2019 03:17PM

Hey LW,

Please do use the report feature to let us know about your suspicions. We appreciate such tips, even though we may not be able to act on them right away.

Sometimes an investigation to verify suspicions takes a while to perform. We can remove obviously trollish posts, but don't want to completely ban a poster unless we're pretty sure about who they are and what they're doing. We do take action once we have the information that we need.

You are free to e-mail me if you have a good tip and feel that the report feature won't do it justice.

Thanks,

CZ (admin)

Date: May 27, 2019 03:30PM

Will do, CZ. Thanks for everything.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 02:44PM

He was posting so frequently under the moniker Bruce McDonkie (& has been for several weeks or longer,) that he appeared to be legit before his posts were removed today.

Thanks for catching up to him.

Some were offended by him. Others liked his posts, like the RLDS dissertation.

I was more neutral and had no opinion because I didn't pay much attention to his posts.

The RLDS caught my eye because I used to attend there with my children post-Mormonism for a time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2019 02:52PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: nolongerangry ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 03:14PM

Thank you admin.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 03:50PM

But since you have more evidence than we do, I'm glad you're calling him out. All the way out!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 04:31PM

Thanks so much, CZ. I felt that he was really dragging the board down. Once he said that he was a part of a religion/movement that he was not
permitted to name, I was thinking, "Oh, HIM." Yes, he's been here many times before.

Good work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2019 04:31PM by summer.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 07:02PM

Since he regularly posted under that name, what makes him a troll?

Date: May 27, 2019 07:09PM

He's posted under several names over the years and been booted off the board each time. This is not somebody we want to encourage.

CZ

Date: May 27, 2019 07:31PM

Jay, some of his previous incarnations were as psychic, Mandy Moore, X.R. Oliver (or forms of that name), bendiendo, Questionsforexmos, and several others. His writing style, good grasp of LDS history and doctrine, constant efforts to promote his religion, and rants about Mormon women are sure clues.

And those names are only the ones I can remember off-hand.

ETA: Also Mormons Are Hypocrites and shapeshifter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2019 07:53PM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 12:10AM

Ah, I haven’t been paying attention. But I did like the latest name.

Date: May 28, 2019 12:11AM

Yeah, he actually knows a lot about Mormonism and has things to add. It's a pity his emotional problems get in the way.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 07:10PM

Thanks

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 07:53PM

Thanks Admins. He always uses the same offensive terms, so I will be on the lookout for someone new writing in the same style. You can change your name but not your vocabulary.

I had been ignoring his posts for a while, since I had a poor opinion of him, it surprised me that so many long-term regulars were responding every time he started yet another of his many topics.

Thank you, CZ, for keeping the board nice for Everyone !!!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 11:59PM

He did have a lot to say about the CoC and various splinter groups. Towards the end of one of his last threads, he said that the "faith he adheres to" began in Lebanon in 1942. I wonder if it's "Dah*shism?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahesh*sm

An eclectic mystical thing which "Bruce" might find attractive. This is one part of their beliefs (from Wiki):

"The realm of the Spirits comprises 150 levels; within these levels, dwell the Spirits. From these Spirits, extends a network of energy signatures known to the Daheshists as the Spiritual Fluids, in various degrees of loftiness, and depth, forming two subsequent realms known as Paradise, and Hell, each divided into 150 levels.

Spiritual Fluids are therefore the utmost-fundamental sentient energy building blocks, as well as the fabric and hidden consciousness of the realms of Paradise and Hell.

Dahesh*sts believe in the existence of an equitable universal justice system that allows the Spiritual Fluids of all living — and non-living matter alike — to leave one plane of existence and reincarnate into another, according to their actions and tendencies. It is through these many cycles of reincarnation that Spiritual Fluids are given the opportunity to purify themselves in order to materialize in progressively better worlds, with the ultimate goal to become one with God."

No wonder he said he would not divulge his religion!

Edit: interesting that the anti-spam software resisted "Dahesh*sm!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2019 12:01AM by caffiend.

Date: May 28, 2019 12:10AM

Good find.

That description captures a lot of what McD said in his various lives on RfM. You can find him, and some of his other nicknames (Doctor Dahesh) if you search just Dahesh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2019 12:19AM by Lot's Wife.

Date: May 28, 2019 12:55AM

worried about the Commies who will "sap and impurify all our precious...um...spiritual?...fluids."

Spiritual warfare at its most exciting!

Date: May 28, 2019 01:06AM

I sort of regret losing him in the limited sense that he knows a lot about Mormonism, Baha'i and some other very interesting religions. But the misogyny, the prurience, and the proselytizing are too much. . .

And in answer to your comment, yes he did seem too concerned with bodily fluids. There's nothing more banal than someone who insists on taking an excellent joke literally.

Date: May 28, 2019 01:38AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...he knows a lot about Mormonism, Baha'i and
> some other very interesting religions.

True, that.

Speaking of prurient, he got my curiosity going about one JS-derived group ("Firstborn of the Fullness of Times"?) where an "Agape feast" was accompanied by a literal orgy where everybody mated with everybody else, kith & kin alike, thinking that the Holy Ghost would match sperm with eggs, resulting in divinely arranged conceptions.

If true, Wow! Talk about your maculated conception(s)! To (ahem, cough! cough!) corrupt Arnaud Amaury's purported orders, "F*** them all, let God sort them out!"

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 12:20AM

>I wonder if it's "Dah*shism?"

That is exactly what it is.
Previous posts under other names explicitly identified those beliefs.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 02:40AM

When he talked about women the way he did, and claimed to be psychic (or whatever), I knew he was full of crap. If someone claims to have psychic powers, it's a sure sign of [the nail] that they are delusional or lying. Either way, can't be trusted. I didn't know he'd been reincarnated on the board so many times, though.

Sometimes he talked like he was a convert from the early to mid 90s and sometimes from the 70s. Not a very cogent story.

Remember the troll who claimed to be an abused woman, and her husband, and her sister? Got her stories all crossed. Stormy, I think.

Date: May 28, 2019 02:49AM

You are right about Bruce. He obviously had some intelligence and had read a lot, but man was he unbalanced both emotionally and in terms of simple honesty.

I do think I recall Stormy. . .

Date: May 28, 2019 03:13AM

How on earth did you find this? It's remarkable.

This also explains his fondness for Ed Decker and Lee Baker--and it expands the range of false identities still further. I suspect a full 20% of RfM wackiness may ultimately have been this moron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2019 03:17AM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 03:18AM

I followed your advice to caffiend above "if you search just Dahesh" here on RfM.

Click on a post from anon 8 yrs ago and you get the utlm link. From there I googled the name and found all of the other links.

Date: May 28, 2019 03:30AM

He has Youtube videos too. He sounds sane, but he clearly suffers from some very profound problems.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.