Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 06:54AM

And Troy Dunn, who has been on TV for finding lost family members?

At least Troy told the father he was doing things incorrectly. The father was insane. Made mormons look like freaks.

What I found "funny" is that Troy kept saying "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints" over and over again. Dr. Phil even said mormon, but not Troy Dunn.

But this man was so much like many mormons I've seen. Thankfully, I didn't have to deal with a father like that when I left the church. That man was sick. And I'd keep my kids FAR AWAY FROM him if I were that couple.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 01:23PM

Mormons are now required not to abbreviate TCOJCOLDS anymore. When I abbreviated LDS to a cousin recently she corrected that by saying they are no longer allowed to do that. They are under a mandate to say "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" over and over again. The "new" Mormon mantra lolololol.

If they can't brainwash people one way, TSCC will attempt to do so another way.

By repetition.

But no, I missed the Dr. Phil show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2019 01:23PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 07:30AM

Ha! Ha! Mormon ain’t going away. It’s Russ’ pet project and when Russ dies it dies with him unless the next prophet wants to grab the baton and run with it.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 08:16AM

By the time you get through saying the name, you forget what else you were going to say. Maybe that’s a good thing.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 07, 2020 10:43AM

Haha. Wasn't a very inspired move since America's average attention span has gone from 12 seconds to 8 seconds and is still plummeting according to some studies.

A truly inspired prophet would have just gone to "Morms" or "Lil' LD's"

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 07, 2020 10:30PM

I look forward to being corrected when I say "Mormon". Gonna have me some fun.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: May 09, 2020 01:15AM

His favorite composer must be Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.

Date: May 28, 2019 02:12PM

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 02:23PM

Saw most of that, at first Dr. Phil was implying that the Mormonism was largely responsible for how the father was acting which I could believe as the son had apparently left Mormonism.(Father took his adult son away from the son's wife and family to an RV parked at a site in the middle of the Arizona desert where dad is building a house to survive the Second Coming),

But mid-show Tony Dunn is brought in as a sort of Mormon apologist. What was interesting to me was his programming and use of Mormon "code words. He repeatedly used phrase "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" while others were saying "Mormon" or LDS.". Of course had to start by asking who was "active". He gives some reasons for why he thinks the father is acting outside of official teachings, starting with "Agency". My wife, lifelong Christian, had to ask me what he meant by "agency". Then he repeated some teaching phrase on raising children with "correct principles" and the father completed his sentence verbatim. I forget the third point but it was similarly filled with programming phrases not used in Christianity but only by Mormons. Still came off like a cult, thought not quite the crazy cult that dad portrayed.

Date: May 28, 2019 02:26PM

were strange, weird, cultish. I had even forgot some of those things he was saying. But the father was so over the top, but they hadn't even said mormon when they showed him on previous days and I KNEW he was mormon. There is NO DEALING with that level of crazy.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 01:35AM

It was mandatory for EVERYONE to always refer to the leader, in full, as "His excellency the Grand Marshal Comrade Kim Il Sung".

Even in casual conversation, they had to say the whole thing. If they abbreviated any part of it, there was a danger that someone would report them for being disrespectful and politically unreliable.

Of course to outsiders visiting the country, it just looked like mass insanity and personality cult madness.

Funny to see that Rusty is accomplishing something similar with the Mormons. They don't have to directly honor Rusty with a long, awkward title for him. BUT they have to honor Rusty by following his dictates about using a long, awkward title every time they refer to the wacky cult that Rusty presides over. Pretty much the same thing. I'm sure his ego is as stoked and stroked every time he sees one of the little sheep bleating as ordered in the same way that Kim Il Sung's ego was stoked and stroked every time he saw one of his little sheep bleating as ordered.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 02:40AM

Wally, it would all make sense if you just took more vitamins.

Date: May 29, 2019 03:51AM

They have to be Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Vitamins and by the time I finish saying that my mouth is too tired to open wide enough to take the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Vitamins. It's a tricky situation.

Date: May 28, 2019 02:48PM

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 04:04PM

That's an old episode, I saw it last year sometime. It was funny when Troy accused the man of exercising "Unrighteous Dominion" over the kid.

I looked up that term, I kinda liked the concept (I was still 'active' then) but, you know, LDS exercises Unrighteous Dominion over all the members, in my opinion.

Date: May 28, 2019 07:23PM

TV, but when I work at home doing medical transcription, I have the TV on. So I saw this one yesterday.

I'm sure some of us if not all of us have known mormon men like this idiot.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: May 07, 2020 04:55PM

I have a relative by marriage whose father had him abducted and held in a cabin because my relative-by-marriage planned to and eventually did marry a "non." That's how their family referred to those who were not LDS, as though they were non-persons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2020 04:55PM by scmd1.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 04:18PM

HELP!! I'm being unrighteously dominated!! The fur-lined handcuffs are too tight!!!

Date: May 28, 2019 07:57PM

Date: May 29, 2019 04:01AM

It was an inside joke by Joseph Smith.

Because he was all about getting more pay, more lay and more ale.

Then he got the sheeple to pledge to give/consecrate all their time and property to the church that Joseph Smith controlled and owned.

And to seal the deal, he got them to gather around in a circle, wearing overpriced underwear that he sold them, chanting "pay lay ale".

And when they asked him what it meant, he said it was Adamic.

And they believed him.

Joseph Smith must have laughed his head off just about every night. "They chanted 'pay lay ale' and wore the underwear I sold them. They actually did...." and once again Joseph Smith found himself rolling around on the floor of his bedroom in the Nauvoo Mansion, doubled over with convulsive laughter that would go on and on into the wee hours of the night until Emma would come in and throw a bucket of cold water on him.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 01:22AM

I have a relative by marriage whose father orchestrated his kidnapping. My brother-in-law's father and two of his sisters' husbands held him against his will in a remote cabin after they learned of his plans to marry a non-Mormon. after two days, another brother-in-lw showed up with his own brothers and forced the others to let him go. I don't know all the details. It happened when I was a kid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2019 01:22AM by scmd1.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 03:44AM

Yes! Being "forced" to use the full name of the Mormon cult, and forcing non-Mormons to do so, does remind me of Kim Il Sung.

Maybe "God" is too diminutive. Should be God The Father Creator of The Universe. "Jesus" is too familiar, without his last name. "Jesus Christ The Only Begotten Son of God The Father Creator of The Universe."

"The Church of Jesus Christ The Only Begotten Son of God The Father Creator of The Universe of Latter-Day Saints".

A Mormon corrected me, at a non-Mormon party, over the weekend. We were talking about Mormon handicrafts, and told me to use the full name. I was drinking, and I played dumb, and said, "Really? Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints handicrafts? Why?"

The Mormon said that "The Prophet" said to use the full name. I said, "What "prophet"? Moses?"

I told him, I'M not a MORMON, and not subject to MORMON rules, and MORMONS should not expect other people to keep track of each new MORMON rule about what to say, what to wear, and stuff like that."

A friend I was with said, "What would happen if you used the "M word?" Would they make you pay more tithing?

Adults get irate about being told what to do, for no good reason.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 08:27AM

I was watching another Dr. Phil rerun on Monday on the OWN network. Dr. Phil was interviewing two very nice looking young women, who were maybe 20-something. They both had poor self images and were constantly working to improve their looks. One mentioned that she didn't feel "worthy," and just the way that she used that word raised a red flag for me. Nevermos are not likely to use the word in that manner.

Posted by: Tasha ( )
Date: May 07, 2020 01:53AM

Just saw this episode on YouTube and found this very interesting when Troy Dunn was speaking with the father of this young man about the principles of raising Mormon children and basically the free will to leave the church if it’s what they choose to do as adults. I was raised in a Mormon household and left the church at age 18 and told my family that any of my personal information was not to be given to the church such as new addresses, phone numbers etc. I eventually married a Catholic man and joined the Catholic religion. The Mormons are required by the powers that be to track their inactive members. They don’t leave you alone, even when they are told to do so. I had moved several times and each place I moved they sent literature to that address and had their Relief Society (women’s group) bring baked goods by the house once a month, just saying hello. A Mormon deputy came into my husband’s business trying to contact me while he was working to speak to me about my church membership. My family was no longer alive, therefore the only way they could have known where our business was and my address was no doubt illegally running my name through law enforcement computers to get contact info. I was also a 911 operator for 30 years so I know how the system works in getting information. I continually told any church representative that I’m Catholic and to stop contacting me. I finally received a letter from the Bishop of the local Ward in The town I lived in asking me if I wanted to be excommunicated from the church and that I’d have to appear before the priesthood and Bishop to do so. I then called them telling them I don’t have to do anything and certainly don’t have to “appear” before them. I told them to excommunicate me...they finally sent me paperwork denouncing the LDS church for me to sign, which I did to finally get them out of my life. Anyone who says this isn’t a cult had better take a second look. I compare this to Scientology the way the own their members and track their members. It’s frightening. I spent my entire life in the church as an active member up until age 18, when I started to question some of their practices including as a teenager doing baptisms for the dead in the the temple and much more. So even if family members are trying to drag their inactive children back into the church, the church will also not freely let you go.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 07, 2020 09:34AM

I'm sorry that the Mormon church tracked you down so relentlessly. We've had many people tell similar stories over the years. The church keeps an extensive list of ways to locate "missing" members.

https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/wiki/Locating_members

It's creepy that they wanted you to sign that paperwork. After a lawsuit, the church is now required to accept resignations from those who wish to leave.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.