Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wowza ( )
Date: June 01, 2019 04:28AM

So in one instance in PPP autobiography, he is staying over at someone's home. This guy was given food and a bed to sleep in, all at no charge. But, Parley has a dream while sleeping and sees the woman of the house has disdain for him and his message.

So he hops up out of bed and yells at the woman and leaves.

Think about that for a moment. You help some traveling preacher and he has the nerve to jump up out of bed and condemn you. Then you go and wash the dishes he dirtied by hand and make/clean the bed his stanky butt slept in by hand.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 01, 2019 04:59AM

If a guest of mine is crazy, I’d prefer to know.

When I was first married, I got in big trouble because my wife dreamt of me having sex with another woman. I asked what she looked like. That didn’t help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2019 05:06AM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: June 01, 2019 01:31PM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If a guest of mine is crazy, I’d prefer to
> know.
>
> When I was first married, I got in big trouble
> because my wife dreamt of me having sex with
> another woman. I asked what she looked like. That
> didn’t help.

Not saying that in your case this is correct, but sometimes the unconscious mind picks up things that the conscious mind doesn't, or gets to the right conclusion earlier.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: June 01, 2019 05:07AM

yes that is a strange story from the book. The whole idea of showing up at some strange persons house and expect lodging for free is absolutely unreasonable in this day and age.

I guess things were different in those days?

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: June 01, 2019 01:32PM

macaRomney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes that is a strange story from the book. The
> whole idea of showing up at some strange persons
> house and expect lodging for free is absolutely
> unreasonable in this day and age.
>
> I guess things were different in those days?

Still happens. Nowadays they call it by couch surfing and other names.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: June 01, 2019 05:52AM

Pratt had taken another man's wife (Hector Mclean's; Hector's wife was Eleanor Mclean Pratt) as his own after he met her in San Francisco.

PPP fled to Indian territory (present-day Oklahoma) after a plot he'd concocted with Eleanor to retrieve her children--who were living with her parents in New Orleans--was foiled and he was jailed briefly in Arkansas. After his release, Mclean followed him and shot him from his horse (Pratt was unarmed). This occurred in May, 1857.

Well I see the "Internet Mormonites" have been active with the Wiki entry about Pratt. There's no mention he was traveling under an assumed name because of a murder warrant that was still outstanding in Missouri and dated to the "Battle of Crooked River"; Pratt had shot a Missouri militia member in cold blood and later escaped jail...

Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: June 01, 2019 05:13PM

More like,
I PPP was given rest and sustain by a good Samaritan. Her husband left in the morning to work in town. I confronted the woman and tried to grope her. She hit me. I yelled at her and I left.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: June 02, 2019 03:26AM

My phony, sanctimonious TBM nephew and his wife travel around the US and Europe, staying with and sponging off of good Mormons, everywhere they go. They are con-artists. They go to visit the temples, and do temple work, and Mormons put them up! He throws his weight around, like he's a GA, and people fall for that.

My nephew and wife used to invite themselves to come and stay with us, like they were doing US a favor, and would eat all their meals out of our refrigerator. They were big eaters, and we had a family of children to feed. We lived by the beach, which they enjoyed, for free. Finally, my husband told them to go home, because I was having surgery, and I would barely be able to recover while taking care of my own family. Even then, they wanted to stay and "help" me recover. They were impossible to get rid of.

Yes, there are people who do that.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 02, 2019 03:40PM

according to a report that I read Hector Mclean's rifle misfired and he did in PPP with an Arkansas Toothpick (a long narrow short sword)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.