Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 08:45AM

I guess it is time for an update. The last two months have been super crazy for me between moving, job changes and a really bad mental breakdown.

Back in April, I had a bad mental breakdown with everything that had been going on with me. I am doing okay now, but I still have a lot to work on to get me in a better place. I am in counseling that I am getting for free which is really good and I am hoping that I will be able to eventually get psychological testing because I have some un-diagnosed issues that need to be diagnosed in order for me to move forward.

During my mental breakdown, I quit going to my job but I did get a new one a couple of weeks later. I still am work in fast food so I am not get the money I need to live on my own like I am suppose to which has been a problem with dealing with the fact of supporting myself.

In Mid-April, my landlord gave me a letter saying that he wasn't going to renew my lease and I had till the end of May to get out and find a new place to live. The landlord is a cheap skate who doesn't want to put money into the places that he is renting out and I was having issues with hurricane damage as well as several soft spots in the floors in my trailer that made it really unsafe for me to live there. Well because of the money situation, I couldn't find a place of my own. With the storm that we had last fall on top of the small community that I live in, there isn't even any room at the homeless shelter or the low income places at the moment. I am now living at my best friends house in the upstairs room above their garage.

I am doing good though and enjoy being around my friend. She has some high expectations because she is trying to help me out so I can stand on my own two feet. So this is all for now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mel ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 09:45AM

Glad you are doing better. Hang in there!!!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 10:00AM

Sending well wishes your way and hoping you get the help and treatment you need to get better.

It isn't easy making ends meet on low income jobs. It's hard for most people to get by in this economy.

Thank goodness you have a good friend who is there for you and providing you a roof over your head; support and encouragement. That means the world when you are going through a difficult time.

If you can try to get on as many waiting lists as possible for the low income places. That way when your name does come up for one or more of them, you'll be ready to make your move.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.