Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 10:28PM

Yesterday, I tried to post in the thread about Warren Jeffs' son who killed himself. Instead, I got a message saying my post was "spam."

I also posted a video in the McKenna Denson thread not I do not see it there.

Today, I posted a thread titled about Earl Markham Bench and a video. And I don't see it either.

What have I done wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 11:16AM

Hi lisadee,

You haven't really done anything wrong, but you have bumped up against a couple of the site's quirks.

I don't know why your one post got rejected as spam, but we do have various filters in place to keep the worst offenders out. You may have used a term that we currently filter for. The filter list is larger than it needs to be, and I'm in the process of cleaning up the cruft that has accumulated over the years. If you kept a copy of the post, please e-mail it to me and I'll try to find out what happened.

As far as the video in the McKenna Denson thread, this site doesn't allow links to NNN's stuff by policy. We've had run-ins with him over the years and don't trust him. He has also done a lot of bad-mouthing of our moderators in the past. We pull any posts that contain links to his videos or other material.

CZ (admin)

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 04:25PM

Okay. Thanks. I didn't know about NNN. And the other post is just gone. Shoots, I thought I was suddenly persona non grata here. I was like, What the heck did I do?
But all is well now. At least I know now.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 10:20PM

If your post has a link and is hitting the anti-spam wall, re-write the link and write in "xyz(dot)com" in stead of using a period. And alert readers in your text to the alteration, so they can rewrite it in proper html code.

That might fix a few problems.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.