Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 03:25PM

I think the least observed Mormon doctrine is the 11th article of faith. My Mormon father recently died, and the disposition of his estate reflects his values, which is how it always goes with these things. Let's see where the money went. I'm numbering his offspring by birth order. I'm #2 in this list.

#7 Crying slobbering TBM received $500,000 and control of the remnants of the estate.

#6 Next best TBM received $500,000.

#1 On and off Mormon received noting yet--maybe later when Mom dies

#5 Same as #1

#4 Not Mormon but says Mormonism is good--maybe will get something later.

#3 Atheist--disowned

#2 Atheist--disowned

I think I see a pattern emerging, folks. I sure did get a lot of #2 from my Dad. Numbers 2,3,and 4 are the males. I think my father was
a boy hater. We got the worst of it while he was alive and after his death. No wonder Dad used to rub our penises so hard in the bathtub. Maybe he was trying to scrub them away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2019 03:32PM by donbagley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 04:29PM

UMMMMM! Interesting. He hated himself sounds like and why did he? For what?

I found out that there is no acceptance just last week when I again ran into the "attitude" from my best friend of 30 years. I've cut her off for good now. They always believe, no matter what they tell you, that THEY DO NOT ACCEPT YOU AS YOUR ARE. They don't allow you to "worship how, where, or what they may." They are right. You are deluded.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 04:40PM

That's very hurtful. I'm sure you weren't really expecting anything from your tyrant father, but it seems that a part of you was hoping he'd have a heart in the end. Didn't happen.

It's unfortunate that some parents hold on to their cruelty till their dying breath.

Remember that you have great value as a human being. You are a good person and a talented writer. You have gifts. Be proud of yourself for breaking away from the abuse. An inheritance would be nice though. I'd also be pissed off and hurt.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 04:42PM

I wish there were words that could ease the pain you've endured at the hand of your family, especially your dad.

It amazes me that you and your bothers didn't snap and gang up on him. He deserved to go to jail and suffer what child molesters experience in prisons.

May you find peace as time passes and your future is happiness and love.

Date: June 06, 2019 05:55PM

He cowed us with physical violence. Even when we were as big as him we feared him. I had nightmares for decades of a malevolent headless man coming for me. My father's obsession with Mormonism and money destroyed his sons.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 11, 2019 01:42AM

donbagley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My father's obsession with Mormonism and money destroyed his "family"-legacy=promise.

These deluded Men and Women who follow (the misleaders) but can't seem to lead decent lives, with dignity and respect for ALL others will never be able to be true to themselves, or others - even when their 'church' hasn't been true to them - because being true means being fair. Just

Those who postpone for tomorrow what love they can't muster or care to share today (or don't know how to, or won't) will never really live in that place they once dreamed of (because it's gone). They didn't access it while they had the chance.

Some people love money, and posturing, and fiction/ stories more than love and laughter and truth and fairness. I love you Don and those who love themselves, and others. I like your stories too, because they come from you - and they are true.

His obsession with Mormonism & money destroyed him, his family, his ideals, his legacy, his dream, his decency...

It's what you came from...
Not where you're going-

Thank God!

Date: June 11, 2019 02:20AM

Thanks.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 05:43PM

Sure, they accept you as long as you think just like them and do everything they want you to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2019 05:44PM by Aquarius123.

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: June 11, 2019 11:49AM

Narcissists reward the people in their lives to the extent that they help maintain the facade of lies and prop up the narcissist. The narcissist "loves" these people, but the truth is that the narcissist only loves them self. The narcissist likes how their supporters make them feel, and rewards them to keep it up.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 10:17PM

disowned crew checking in ~

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 10:44PM

They have their money but you have your soul.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 04:06PM

He scrubbed your penis,s?

Your dad was F***ed up Don. thats not normal for a father to do.
He had some sick issues.

Im so sorry .

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 06:47PM

If I was the child to receive an inheritance while my siblings were cut out, I would be too embarrassed to take it without sharing with my brothers and sisters. Mormons can talk about the importance of family all day long, but many have trouble putting their money where their mouth is. I'm sorry.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 11:19PM

One thing I like about this site is that we can discuss differences in opinions , once in a while. Some things , we don’t all agree with, but one thing that we all agree with is that most of your family are assholes.

Posted by: redskittle ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 06:07PM

How can people like Karen, your own sister, defend a terrible parent like your dad? He should’ve been arrested for what he did, honestly. Don, I feel sorry for what you’ve been through.

The LD$ defends abusers for their $$$!

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 06:54PM

Just a couple of points:

I've learned at this stage of life that it's pretty easy for people to rationalize how they are "better" and more "deserving" (of whatever) than the other people in their sphere (siblings, relatives, colleagues, etc). So I am envisioning a future dustup between #6 and #7 when #7 -- who controls the remnants of the estate -- rationalizes shafting #6 in addition to the others. #6 will turn to #s 1-5 for support, but... there won't be any!

The other thing is -- since we know "they" are watching these threads -- when these sisters face their next interviews, I hope the grand poobahs in each of their wards are expecting some mighty sizable tithing checks. After all, it's apparently their "worthiness" that earned them the money in the first place.

Date: June 09, 2019 07:24PM

Ha ha! I think your prediction will certainly come to pass. There are three siblings hoping for leftovers (Jeff and I know better), and maybe they'll get something, but I wouldn't count on it. For my part, I've been given nothing but grief, and grief is what I owe.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: June 11, 2019 10:59AM

With mine, I don't think it had as much to do with who was a good mormon, but as it always was with him, importance of child went by whether or not you had a penis. One penisholder was deeded the house, one was made a beneficiary on his life insurance, one was given the antiques. But hey, a few times he gave me some gas money when I'd go see them. But it's nothing that has been any surprise, as it has been decades since I realized the word inheritance would never be part of my active vocabulary. I was just hoping that there would be something for my mother that hadn't already been given to God or the boys. Since he couldn't give the cult his future Social Security, retirement or term life benefits before he died, she will be ok barring any need for major medical or nursing care.

Through the years, reading your stories, there have been many times when I've thought our fathers had to have been identical twins in the pre-existence (ha ha, I know that's a made up thing, but still). I just have to always remember how lucky I am to have escaped cult brainwashing, and I might not have been able to do that if I'd had the father that I could please like I so desperately tried to do for years before really fucking up my life trying to do it. For so long I had internalized the abuse but even that was part of helping me see more clearly when I finally gave myself permission to. So in an ironic way I'm grateful that he was who he was and that he mellowed dramatically in his later years and was a better grandfather than he was a father.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 11, 2019 11:33AM

You can't accept just anybody, or else the church and God would lose their exceptionalism. What good would that be, to have a god who wasn't holding stuff like salvation over your head, or threatening you with losing loved ones, and all that?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 11, 2019 11:56AM

Funny how Mormonism is like an abuser. It claims keys to salvation at the same time telling followers they have to work out their own salvation.

Kinda like an abuser hurting someone and telling them that they hold the key to stopping their abuse as long as their victim does exactly as they tell them what to do. The victim has "agency." They have to do all the work but if they step out of line - whack!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.