Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 11:37PM

Walter Einenkel writes ...
=============================

"On Wednesday evening, the National Weather Service in San Diego posted a GIF showing a large cloud that had shown up on its radar in the San Diego County area. It wasn’t weather; it was a bloom of ladybugs. The Los Angeles Times reported that the swarm was about 80 miles long by 80 miles wide, with a concentrate mass 10 miles wide.
The bloom of ladybugs was flying at between 5,000 and 9,000 feet in altitude. According to SFGate, a ladybug blooms occur every year as the beetles move from the Sierras where they winter in order to find food."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 02:20AM

They're good for our gardens. They used to sell them, mail order, and they would arrive in little damp, insulated cardboard boxes. I got a turtle mailed to me in one of those boxes, as a surprise gift, and he lived for many years.

Sorry I'm so nostalgic tonight, someone in my past died, and I've regressed to the California Days.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 02:27AM

Exminion, you can still buy those little cartons full of ladybugs at nurseries in the springtime. Every year my children and I buy a couple and then release them all at the same time. It's magical.

I'm sorry for your loss...

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: June 10, 2019 09:36PM

in b 4 ~ california is overrun with tiny beetles because all the hippies buying and releasing magical cartons of ladybugs into the environment to find foods ~

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 02:58PM

I saw the radar image and was aghast at it. Wonderful! LadyBeetles are such a positive member of our environment.

HH =)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.