Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nowayjosie ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 11:41PM

Sorry this is off topic, but I'm scared and cnt turn to mo fam Okay, so I had sex with a guy on Sunday, the 26th, late night. We used a condom the first time. Then, the second, he did it put one on, which I didn't realize til after. He did not finish in me, but it was enough to scare me and cause me to take plan b the next morning since it happened approx two days after ovulation...but these things can be off.

My period was expected Friday, and I got light flow on time, still continuing today. At first, I was relieved, but now I'm scared it's implantation bleeding.

I tested today with a clear blue and yesterday, both negative, but I'm scared it just hasn't shown up yet.

I'm really scared, can't go to doctor, and I can't take the anxiety much longer....what are the chances I'm preg here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 12:20AM

If you’re trying, 25% chance. But since your timing wasn’t the best and the payload was delivered off-target, I think less than 10%.

Although this is a big scare, if you’re morally opposed to terminating it there are lots of professional women who waited too long and would love to raise your baby. You could find an organization that caters to their needs and keep your family out of it. They pay your living expenses, medical and delivery costs. Doing that for a couple who can’t conceive is a lot better than going on an LDS mission.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 01:57AM

I assume you came onto RFM to get some honest advice, and I hope you can take this as well-meaning:

1. Never do that again! Let your fear teach you something. You probably are not pregnant, but you won't be so lucky if there's a next time. Take a good look at your boyfriend. You might want to dump him.

2. You need your parents! Humans have parents for a reason, and that is to help us survive. They are grownups who are wiser and more experienced than you, and they should have YOUR best interest at heart.

3. You need more education. Go back to school. Get a summer job. Keep busy, occupied, headed towards your dreams, and out of harm's way.

You are correct in wanting to keep the Mormon church out of your business. Don't "confess" to your bishop. Your problem is faulty judgment and an inability to think straight, and Mormonism just adds to the confusion. Getting caught up in "repenting" and possibly being sent away from your family will make your troubles worse. You probably want to hang onto your good life at home for several more years.

Stay away from LDS Social Services. I think they went out of business, but if they are still around, do not involve them.

Posted by: cftexan ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 10:46AM

Your chances are slim to none that you're pregnant. I've taken this a couple of times and it will mess with your flow this month and maybe the next.

I wouldnt worry about it at all.

Posted by: Nowayjosie ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 11:42AM

Thank you. The light flow was really scary

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 11:00AM

You took Plan B and got your period on time. I wouldn't worry about it. I agree with cftexan that the light period is probably due to the hormones that you took.

Moving forward, if you continue to have sex you will need more highly reliable birth control -- ideally the pill, IUD, or similar. Planned Parenthood can educate you about birth control
and give you options. Back in my younger days I never would have relied on a condom alone (the minimum for me was a condom + foam, but I didn't consider even that ideal.)

The bottom line is, YOU are the one who will get the lion's share of the consequences, so YOU must be the one to take care of yourself very thoroughly and completely. Your boyfriend having sex with you without using a condom is inexcusable. I would have a firm conversation with him about what is and is not okay. Leaving you unprotected is not ever okay.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2019 12:48PM by summer.

Posted by: Nowayjpsie ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 11:41AM

You're so right. We do get stuck with all of the consequences. I'll take your advice and I broke up with the guy

Posted by: cftexan ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 12:36PM

Summer is so right. After I had taken the morning after pill a few times, decided to get on regular birth control. Takes the stress out of things.

Date: June 09, 2019 05:27PM

The key thing for women is to ignore whining. And sadly, whining from men is all too common. The man doesn't LIKE wearing a condom, or doesn't LIKE having to pause while you insert foam, or doesn't LIKE the feel of a cervical pad -- or whatever.

The bottom line is that the man is not the one risking pregnancy, so do what you have to do. Yes, birth control should ideally be a conversation between the two of you, but again, do what you need to do. The man isn't the one whose belly is going to balloon out for the next nine months. The man isn't the one who is going to have to pass the equivalent of a basketball. Take care of yourself, girl!

Posted by: Nowayjosie ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 06:03PM

You are so right. I'm kind of over men for awhile lol

Date: June 09, 2019 06:44PM

Just find a good guy! They're out there. :) But if you are still living under your parent's roof, this may not be the ideal time for a sexual relationship. Focus on your education and career goals instead.

Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 02:23PM

Nowayjpsie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're so right. We do get stuck with all of the
> consequences. I'll take your advice and I broke up
> with the guy

You seldom get stuck with decades of Alimony payments.
More expensive than Call Girls.

Date: June 09, 2019 03:40PM

A father might be ordered to pay child support, but a single mom is generally stuck paying for, housing, and raising the child. And let's face it, some guys skip out on child support.

Alimony is another issue altogether.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: June 10, 2019 03:45AM

OneWayJay Wrote:
-
>
> You seldom get stuck with decades of Alimony
> payments.
> More expensive than Call Girls.

Use the services of a call girl if that is how you feel.

A young woman may not so often get stuck with decades of "alimony" or child support, but she may very well get stuck with both the time and the financial burden of raising and providing for a child if the guy is incarcerated, AWOL, or otherwise deadbeat. This is in addition to the physical costs of carrying and bearing a child.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 03:49AM by scmd1.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 04:23PM

1) Don't become a parent before the age of 21 (married,or--ESPECIALLY--single)
2) No criminal record
3) Finish high school.
4) Live within your means (avoiding roll-over debt like credit cards, auto payments, etc.)
5) Stay clear of alcohol, drug/substance, or behavioral (e.g. lottery, unresponsible sex) problems.

If you can do all that, you've started your adulthood reasonably well.

After that, there are all sorts of things which one might wisely do, depending: college and/or technical training, developing a good credit rating, a work history with references, etc. I have adult children who made mistakes, such as going to the wrong school, spending too much time with bad jobs, got involved with toxic sweethearts. But they "obeyed" my 5 "rules" above, and the problem situations they found themselves in did not set them back badly--they learned their lessons, and moved on.

Hang in there, nowayjpsie. Put up with your parents and the silly cult as best you can--don't alienated them. They're part of your life, and they do love you. (Your parents, at least. The cult is another matter.) When you separate yourself out (adulthood, spiritual beliefs, etc.) you'll want it to be as amicable as possible.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: June 10, 2019 12:07PM

in b 4 ~ babynames.com

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: June 18, 2019 07:48AM

morning after pills have caused my period to usually be late that month, once made it come a little early. (Don't judge, yeah... I've had to take it a few times in my life lol)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.