Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sb ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 12:22PM

You ex-mo ingrates refuse to give Mormonism credit for the amazing things the lord's church has brought to the world, in this, the last dispensation.

Where would our knowledge of space and science be without the moon Quakers revelation?

What sad songs would we sing if President Young had not chosen to make 2-wheel wagons, pulled by people to save money? Do you not know how many of u get around town this way with such advanced revealed technology? Whose graveyards would be strewn across the plains?

How could we comprehend God if we did not know that he was Adam?

How could we have the courage to tell people who they could marry when God told us we should marry as we please and government should have no place in marriage?

Can you imagine if we had not followed the prophet and had elected Lincoln? Our country would have sure failed as the prophet promised.

Can you imagine where we'd be as a society if Mormons were not at the forefront of the civil right movement?

Do you realize how much more over-populated California would be without the mountain meadows massacre?

Do you know what peril would be among engineers today if we had not learned how to lay a proper foundation on the SLC temple? It was revealed from GOD! That’s is why it was torn out, and it is currently being retrofitted.

How would we be able to communicate or write if it was not for the Deseret alphabet?

What else could you do with another 10% in your income?

How could we the true nature of women if we did not tell you that they are property?

Where would this world, yeah, even indumea, be without the adamic language?

What could we know about ancient Egypt without our beloved pearl?

How could we understand any archeological discoveries without the help of the book of Mormon? Would you dare ride a tapir across the plains?

How could we know why people have dark skin if the BOM and the prophet did not explain the true nature of it? We'd just be walking around treating everyone like they were equal!

How could we have made it this far without the 4 trillion tons of rotten wheat in our collective basements? I mean what other Christian principle could we have practiced with billions of pounds of wasted food?

How could we have learned to not pick up hitchhikers if it was not for the 3 Nephites?

Where would we be as a world without the profound teachings of the kinderhook plates?

How would we know God's purpose of we did not rip off the masons' ceremony?

How could we know that you can see gold plates with your spiritual eyes?

where would native american get their identity if it was not for the treasure trove found in hill Cumorah?

How could we translate a book without having to read it because it is hidden? How would we use hats and rocks?

How could the NBA have prospered if we did not reveal that the best basketball courts should have soul-shredding carpet?

How could us, mere mortals, have figured out that the Euprates and Tigris river in Mesopotamia are actually in Missouri?

Where would we be today without all the polygamous cults? I mean which uncle would all those 9 year-olds be dating?

How could you be in recovery, with broken family relationships, depressed, with lost children, in financial poverty without the rich, succulent doctrine and teachings of the church?

I just ask you to at least be honest when you think back at all the incredible things Mormonism brought onto your lives and then think before you blame them for your own problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2019 12:23PM by sb.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 12:33PM

preach to us!" Good points. All of them.

My boyfriend was just asking something about crossing the plains and it came around to the songs we used to sing about the pioneers. As kids, they made it seem so "magical" almost, although I feared having to walk to Missouri when the end came. But I used to love those pioneer songs.

Yes, I can just imagine my life without what mormonism brought into it.

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 12:39PM

Haha, thank you.

I love that, particularly B. Young, who was totally winging it, got 100% of everything wrong (decisions, timing, locations, doctrine, explanations, inventions) and immediately attributed it to it being a trial from God.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 12:57PM

Thanks for the reminder. On balance, TSCC has been a mix of bad and terrible.

Posted by: redskittle ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 01:00PM

On the bright side, the church can brag about all the bad things they did without coming up with something good.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 04:34PM

When my husband passed away, we were welcome to hold--for free, of course--our service there.

I stipulated 'no Mormon preaching" during the service, and all my requests were respected.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 04:35PM

That's nice. There are some good and well-meaning people in Mormon congregations and in some leadership positions.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen 2.0 ( )
Date: June 15, 2019 03:34PM

...yes, that's true. I am a good and well meaning person.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen 2.0 ( )
Date: June 22, 2019 07:35PM

...yep. His stuff is the bomb! Don't forget the M35, which the Nazi's also pirated thru their Belgium occupation, but also his unique cartridge designs!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Herstal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browning_Hi-Power

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: June 13, 2019 04:10PM

I do give the church some credit that I’m not a smoker. The Mormons provided a lovely lunch after my daughter’s funeral. There’s certainly some good mixed in.

Posted by: Aloysius ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 04:45PM

sb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What could we know about ancient Egypt without our
> beloved pearl?

Note that it's never been "priceless," just "of great price."

I always wondered what that thing was really worth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2019 04:46PM by Aloysius.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 06:38PM

is this some kind of test OPie ? ~

brb ~ ziller's brain hurts ~

Posted by: Big Belly Bob ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 08:05PM

All my nevermo friends are into drinking green tea, black coffee and occasionally sipping wine after dinner. They're drinking damnation into their bodies. They seem healthier than me now. But I know the evil is in them and ready to pounce at any time to bring them down.

As for me, I still rely on church policies concerning the Word of Wisdom as the ultimate good-health guide. For example, I know that milkshakes, cheeseburgers, candy bars, twinkies and root beer are okay because all my Mormon friends consume them and get temple recommends. They couldn't get temple recommends if they drank green tea. That right there shows how bad green tea is and how the milkshakes, etc. are just fine for our bodies..our "temples" if you will.

I can no longer run, so I haven't tested the promise about being able to run without becoming weary. But I'm sure that if I could run, the promise would prove true.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 09:44PM

Big Belly Bob, welcome! ...I hope you are new, and not just someone I already like under a different name.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: June 13, 2019 05:44AM

Posted by: redskittle ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 08:11PM

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 09:13PM

I'm especially thankful for the guilt and depression knowing that whatever I do it's not enough. I just need to lengthen my stride.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 09:46PM

Hey at least Hitler made the trains run on schedule!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 10:20PM

Mussolini was the one about whom this was bruited about.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: June 12, 2019 11:43PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mussolini was the one about whom this was bruited
> about.

Unfortunately they were headed to the death camps.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 13, 2019 12:24AM

How would I ever find my car keys if it wasn't for LD$ Inc.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 13, 2019 10:52AM

What's crazy is how most of that list was still being taught/discussed in church about the time that GBH went on TV and acted stupid by dodging doctrinal questions. It's amazing how quickly those teachings were avoided and dropped as the internet gained traction.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 13, 2019 11:00AM

Thank you but I've been doing it for years here.

Posted by: Unindoctrinated ( )
Date: June 13, 2019 11:41AM

I particularly appreciate this when I think about the times I’ve been told (especially by my TBM mom) to stop whining and just get over it. Recovery can be so inconvenient to others.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 13, 2019 03:25PM

I knew a perfect Mormon who would secretly go to a Burger King drive-in and order a whopper. He would shove the whopper into his pie hole on the way to home to his family. Over a dinner reluctantly prepared by his depressed wife, he would yell at his children for not appreciating the food so selflessly provided for them.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: June 15, 2019 01:31PM

LOL

So let me guess - was it your father?

You have had hands down one of the worst childhoods in Mormondom.

You must have had a very resilient personality to survive and do reasonably well in spite of it all.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 13, 2019 03:35PM

If the church has taught me one thing, it's to give everything while getting nothing in return. Attend senseless meetings for attendance points. Suspend critical thinking. Obey men with self-proclaimed authority. Heaven is for competitors. Backstabbing shows concern for the salvation of others. Bishops are allowed to talk about sex with prepubescent girls. Men may subjugate their wives and children at will. All boys want to serve on a mission, unless something is wrong with them.

My spiritual education.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 15, 2019 05:33PM

Well, mormon John Browning invented three of the most iconic weapons ever, the .45 M1911 pistol, the Browning Automatic Rifle, and the M2 .50 calibre Heavy Machine Gun.

So if you like to shoot stuff up real good, thank him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.