Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 18, 2019 11:39AM

I thought it would be fun to have some loud laughter or even a light chuckle from anyone who has had a "what was that?!" moment. It's been a stressful past couple of weeks. I've had several deja vu moments and I chalk it up to old age, but my husband says that my memory has improved ever since I retired. I was remembering a strange experience that one of our daughters had when she was in high school. It was during the middle of the day and her and her best friend were driving on a winding two way road; lots of curves so that you can't see far ahead. She was driving; her friend was the passenger and they were listening to music on the radio. All of a sudden, her friend said: "Car coming!" No panic; just stating a fact. My daughter thought: okay, I'll pull over, and there was enough room off of the side of the road for her to do so. Not a second later, a speeding car driving on the wrong side of the road came by them! If they hadn't pulled over, it would have been a head on accident. There wasn't a Nephite in sight!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: June 18, 2019 12:00PM

Interesting! There are boards where these type of incidents are reported regularly.

I have had premonitions/strong feelings showing/alerting me to a ski accident (I validated this one because I thought I could avoid it by knowing of it), warning about rattle snake, and a number of 'slow down' and watch out for the car ahead or in the other lane which either stopped suddenly, swerved over in my lane, etc..

In all my cases I received a 'visual/feeling/voice' to alert me on the danger before it occurred. I was alerted of the ski accident a couple days in advance.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 18, 2019 12:04PM

That's fascinating! If I may ask, what happened in regards to the rattle snake?

Date: June 18, 2019 01:13PM

I am a rock collector and was alone a ways away from any road, looking in a canyon for fossils, petrified wood and native American relics ---- which I had found there in the past. It was springtime and there was a lot of new growth coming up even among the rocks in the area. Therefore, I was focused on looking through the new growth down at the rocks as I walked.

All of a sudden I was called by name and asked if I was going to 'step on that snake'. That was enough to get my attention! I immediately stopped looking for 'rocks' and looked around me and sure enough within a yard away was a rattle snake on top of a rock but not in a striking position just laying there. Without even giving the 'voice' a second thought I took off out of the area and decided I would wait until summer or fall to look there again when the weeds would be dead.

I just wish I would have tried to communicate with the 'voice' I heard. The snake was far less important to me later, when I realized something 'very unusual and totally unexplainable' happened. There were no other people anywhere near me in this canyon.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: June 18, 2019 01:02PM

This one was not a warning to avoid danger, but it was very eerie.

My wife and I used to raise show dogs, registered with the American Kennel Club. We would sell puppies to suitable homes. When registering them, we always used our registered kennel name and named the individual puppies. For each litter we named all the puppies with names beginning with the same letter of the alphabet. There was an "H" litter, an "N" litter, etc.

When we had the "Z" litter for sale, an older woman came to buy a puppy. She seemed like she would be a good home and we agreed to let her have the last pup. She said sadly that the puppy was to be a replacement for her dear friend who had just died, and she wanted to name the puppy after the friend. We told her that of course she could call the puppy anything she liked, but the pup already had a registered name, "Zoe". The woman started to cry. "My friend's name was Zoe!"

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 11:19PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 11:25PM

I did have a time I was driving from Brigham to Logan late at night on a Friday night. I was just going up the hill through the curves from Brigham City when I noticed the cars in front of me were stopped. The only option I had was to change lanes and I did and I missed the mess that was in the other lane and I zoomed past them, not because I wanted to, but had to. I remember thinking OMH!

I had a premonition about who my daughter would marry and as hard as she tried not to marry him as I told her that is who she would marry, 6 years later, she finally did. She is extremely happy. He is a great guy and his family is great. We've lived by each other for over 30 years.

I had a premonition for over a month to take the dog ball out from under my car seat so that "when they took my car away, I would not lose the ball" as it was a ball of my recently deceased dog. Every time I saw that ball, I had that premonition. I was driving back to Colorado when I was living with my boyfriend there and I ran into a guardrail going off a ramp when my back tires caught gravel. My little tiny dog (6.9 pounds) was on my left knee and he nor I had any trauma. I didn't even have bruises on my knees. I was in Laramie. My boyfriend came to get me and, guess what. I forgot the ball. A few days later, he drove me to the wrecking yard to get that ball some 1-1/2 hours away. The car had almost $10,000 worth of damage to the body and radiator, but I had it fixed and I still have it 8 years later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2019 11:27PM by cl2.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 18, 2019 01:37PM

Every--EVERY!--year during the Boston Marathon, my (police) assignment was at Boylston Street, corner of Fairfield. My job was just to keep order and make sure spectators didn't interfere with the runners. That was where the Tsarnov brothers dropped Bomb #2.

Now here's the miraculous part, which I'm sure Spiritist will appreciate: I retired the year before! I was home that day!

Date: June 18, 2019 11:18PM

I am so glad!!! I served in the military and long since retired. I still get saluted at the base and thanked for my service whenever I go there and really didn't put my life on the line, nearly as much as most police officers. I also get a lot of 'discounts' and free meals on 'Veterans Day'.

Thankyou for your service!!!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 12:09AM

Did you stare at goats?

Date: June 19, 2019 12:26AM

I wasn't a trained 'remote viewer' in the military, I had no idea of any of this stuff.

However, I received and used 'psychic' information periodically throughout my career. Too bad I couldn't leverage what I got. I just didn't know that much about it then.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 07:36PM

At last--I get to tell my Stranger than Fiction story.

I was driving my car to church for a 'bake sale', and had my beautiful 4 inch high cake sitting on the seat next to me.

As I turned the corner, my cake began to fall off the seat, and so I tried to prevent this from happening---and when I looked up I saw I was only a sidewalk away from a big glass window!

The next thing I knew, instead of having run into the window, I was parked sideways in front of it. It seemed I just had some kind of black-out.

So, I got out of my car, put the cake on some kind of a fire meter affair(?), so that I could drive the short distance to a handy non-used driveway, and get back into the street without having killed anyone--including me.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 10:26PM

yIKES... good stories!!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.