Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 11:16PM

If you wanted to hide Mormon history under the guise of "protecting" it you could find cheaper ways to do it.

It seem more show than anything else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 11:20PM

Mormons are impressed by stuff and bureaucracy. That's part of the reason that there are so many people with titles, gotta wear neck ties, yada yada yada. Having a vault makes them seem like the government.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 11:20PM

> It seem more show than
> anything else.

So then the big cottonwood canyon granite vault is like a temple...

But at least with the vault someone who started going there now could say that he learned something new every time he went there.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 11:31PM

ziller can confirm OPie ~

ziller am for vault ~

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 11:52AM

I've been in "the vault" and it's quite large. My boss at the COB took our little group there one day for a break from work. There was a lot of paper documents as well as microfiche films. Back in that time, most anyone could go in and see it; now it's very strict with security guards at the gate. I had heard a rumor awhile ago that it's also ready to use for the GA's as a refuge in the event of a natural disaster, war, etc. I'm not sure that's true, but it would make sense because of the vault's size.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 11:57AM

Yup. The GAs could use it as their hideout but just remember that the place has toilets and their sewage washes down into the valley.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 04:35PM

Who knows, maybe some top secret experiments are going on.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: June 22, 2019 03:55PM

Aren't leaders supposed to first take care of their flock?

Instead, having the leaders protect themselves and let their followers fend for themselves doesn't seem very Christian.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 05:46PM

Oh ye of little faith! Know ye not that the hierarchy must be protected at all costs?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 06:22PM

I think Kimball kept his personal copy of The Miracle of Forgiveness there. He wanted it to survive in a post apocalyptic world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2019 06:22PM by messygoop.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 07:08PM

To store the Morg's dirty sacreds-not-secrets and to double as a Bond villain lair if need be.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 07:08PM

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 05:43AM

I'll go with "nuclear bunker."

I wonder if there's any phone service or wifi in there. Most likely, they have a complete collection of MoTab broadcasts, conference broadcasts, firesides, Mormon movies like Johnny Lingo and Man's Search for Meaning, various versions of the Temple movie, and Mr. Kruger's Christmas. How would it be to be trapped with just Mormon junk for entertainment? Wheat and dried milk and Tang, and some old freeze-dried food storage meals. Nothing to drink but water. It would serve them right. They would be sole survivors, with no sheeple to preach to or dominate. Probably, like when they travel, the Big-15 will bring along their entourage of servants, staff, and a camera crew.

I can imagine the luxury and opulence of the bunker suites! I envision a giant man-cave, with plush leather lazy-boys, and big screen TV's.

The Mormons will love it, as they love windowless places! What do Mormons have against windows? Are they expensive to install? Do they make a building less energy-efficient? Are they trying to prevent Mormons from spying on each other, and ivading each other's privacy? I think it's because Mormons have so much to hide.

They will evolve to become the futuristic "Mole People."

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 08:23AM

It is where the skeletons are buried, when the ghosts don't want to die.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 10:39PM

It's all Mormon's fault

It's all hidden, fabricated, constructed... out of nothing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.