Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 10:28AM

This. I just don't get.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2019/06/24/navajo-student-had-eagle/

For those not seeing it. Let me explain.

Mormons take a lot of pride when they shoot their mouth's off about not being racist and welcoming every one. And yet the public education system in Utah. (The de facto Mormon charter school system.) is run buy these Nobel prize winners.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 10:50AM

<sigh> If only she and her family had been faithful... Then they'd be White and there would have been no involvement with feathers.

Posted by: sonofthelefthand ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 11:04AM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If only she and her family had been faithful...
> Then they'd be White

"White and delightsome"... um I mean "Pure and delightsome". :)

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 10:50AM

What a beautiful young lady...proud of her culture, her heritage, and bright future. It's sad that an idiot would taint this wonderful in her life.

Mormons love uniformity. Look at General Conference at the "stand", the line of GA's, all cookie cutter black suits and attire. It looks like something out of North Korea or China. It's all a very strange and uniform culture. So, I wonder, is the school official imposing his own Mormon culture, that intrinsic need for uniformity? Does this religious need for uniformity somehow oversee and cloud common sense in his job? I think so.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 11:02AM

Bert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And yet the public education system in
> Utah.

I don't think it is something to pin on just Utah and their high Mormonism.

I looked it up and there is religious significance.

https://tribaleddepartmentsna.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/00060909.pdf

You think this is the height of stupid?

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/eric-scheiner/cross-graduation-cap-against-hs-dress-code

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 11:17AM

The graduation day was May 29th. That jerk was more than likely mormon. Lehi is in the heart of Mormondom, at least it's one of the ventricles. Last night, there was a new commercial on tv. It was saying how everyone is welcomed and made to feel comfortable and loved. At the end, the narrator said and it was written: " The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints". My,my,my...what a coincidence! Apparently, the church has forgotten how the Lamanites are supposed to blossom in the last days. How can they do that, when they are suppressed? It almost smacks of BY and his flour days.

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 11:39AM

The MORmONS are so accepting of everybody... It's been thirty plus years since I went to a sacrament, but I am pretty sure it is still a sea of white at those meetings!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 03:11PM

What a tragic story.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 03:16PM

I'm surprised by it and the one from Arizona. Mormons usually co-opt their "Lamanite" stuff like their Polynesian Cultural Center.

There is nothing in their culture or lack thereof that paint this as what The Mormons do.

Now if it were a cross...

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 06:04PM

"What would have been the result if the feather were in the cap of a young Navaho male who'd been a stand out middle distance runner and had been given an athletic scholarship to the Y?", I asked, in the proper thread, finally.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.