Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 10:05PM

About a year ago, I posted about the movie The Other Side of Heaven and that there was a sequel in production. Well, it's being released at least in Utah this weekend.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8174450/?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=2413b25e-e3f6-4229-9efd-599bb9ab1f97&pf_rd_r=AYXKSA99461BTRDPZ89J&pf_rd_s=right-2&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_otw_t2

I'm sure that it will do well in Utah, especially when one of the players in it is listed as Thomas Monson and part of the story looks like he visits Tonga to help out. I wonder if they brought his Audi sedan for him to ride around there? (joke)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 10:36PM

I never liked this story. The natives fawning over the white boy and wanting a half white child. Even if this was someones lived experience and desires, this movie shouldn't have been made.

some things are best left in books on dusty shelves, not on the screen.

Posted by: HWint ( )
Date: June 25, 2019 11:35AM

macaRomney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Even
> if this was someones lived experience and desires,
> this movie shouldn't have been made.

even if something is factually accurate, it should not be made if it offends someone else?

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: June 25, 2019 05:18AM

I struggle to recall a single sequel made decades after the original which is any good. About the nearest I can rhink of is Godfather pt 3, which is a pale cousin of the first two but at least watchable.

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: June 25, 2019 10:54AM

I love faith based movies.... along with chewing razor blades and sleeping on barb wire!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 25, 2019 01:12PM

I've always found the title amusing.

Mormonism believes in degrees of heaven. The other side sounds like where they keep their Celestial servants.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: June 27, 2019 11:12AM

My mother's ward in California are all going to it as a group and it is sold out (for that night). It will probably be like Meet the Mormons was. Even here in Tennessee, it showed at one theater and was sold out for a couple of nights. That was all the Mormons going to see it. Then in a week it was gone.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 27, 2019 03:41PM

Even if they didn't show them in theaters back in my day, Tom Trails, etc., were pretty boring.

I won't be seeing this one and I didn't see the last one. I have no interest. I'm sure my daughter will see it probably this weekend. I'll buy it for her for Christmas.

Posted by: Johnny Lingo ( )
Date: June 27, 2019 04:51PM

Stupid Mormons. Stupid story line. Stupid movie. Mormonism, where racism is celebrated.

Posted by: Shylock1234 ( )
Date: June 27, 2019 05:57PM

Can't wait for the reviews to come out... looks like a really unbelievable, stupid story!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.