Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 30, 2019 06:19PM

Alas, I think the evidence points to this being a hit & run by the Boner, and that his sabbatical will continue.

RfM'er 'bluidyclavers' is registered here, with a last appearance, prior to today, 6 years ago.

So it would appear that Boner's thread title refers to meeting bluidyclavers at church today and they got into a conversation and Boner mentioned that he was 'known' here and bluidyclavers ejaculated, "bluidyhell you say!" And they talked on and on and at the end, Boner said, "You go home and log onto RfM, where I will have left you a message!" And he then drove home, muttering imprecations the whole way...

And he hoped, with a fairly strong sense of assurance, that his, the Boner's, thread would get the reception that it did get. And deservedly so. And bluidyclaver saw the thread, and the responses, and bluidclavers saw that it was good. And said so!

Now next Sunday they will converse again and Boner will be standing on the shoulders of kings. (Okay, the last was hyperbole, done both hyperbolically and unapologetically!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 30, 2019 06:40PM

Alas, that makes sense.

Posted by: bluidyclavers ( )
Date: June 30, 2019 06:52PM

So it happened (more or less) like this: At the last moment I decided to show up at a local Episcopal service I had not attended for maybe 6 months. I'm not much into organized religion anymore but love the people of that parish. The weekly newsletter of the parish said they were collecting coins for a wonderful young lady who is studying for the ministry. Well, I had a glass jar full of coins and thought what better thing to spend them on. Even if I don't believe* I think the world of this charming and intelligent young lady and want to help. Too easy to stay home and read ex-Mo forums, but I roused my sorry carcass and made the effort. I'm so glad I did. Talk about "tender mercies" or serendipity or synchronicity or what-have-you!

Toward the end of the service a friend came over, stood by me, and said he wanted me to meet someone before I left. So I met You-know-who and we kind of hit it right off and sat down together at a table for coffee hour. He found out I frequented this forum as well as Reddit (to read not post; I don't have anything intelligent to add, but you bright people are a delight; well, most of you. . .), and he leaned over to whisper, "I'm BYU Boner."

What?!!! I was floored, not sure if this was real, but then he began mentioning all the friends he had met across the continent whose noms de guerre I recognized (yes, he's a great name-dropper). Wow. Just wow. It must really be him.

And that's how I met Him Who Shall Not Be Named.

* I'm not sure I am a "believer." I think I'm a "hoper": I hope that consciousness continues after this life, that some sort of wonderful existence awaits. If not, well, we'll never know, will we? Just blip out of existence. That's OK, too.

Date: June 30, 2019 06:55PM

It's nice to meet you, Bluidyclavers.

Posted by: bluidyclavers ( )
Date: June 30, 2019 07:11PM

Likewise, Lot's Wife. I feel like I've just been introduced into august company.

You aren't named in the Bible, are you? May I call you "Woxanne?" (Sorry, I've watched too many reruns of "The Big Bang Theory.")

Date: June 30, 2019 07:22PM

bluidyclavers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> You aren't named in the Bible, are you? May I call
> you "Woxanne?" (Sorry, I've watched too many
> reruns of "The Big Bang Theory.")

What a Bawwy Kripke-tic final question!!!

Date: June 30, 2019 07:24PM

It's only June. The company will become august in a little over a month.

But do stay around. Elderolddog gets so . . . tedious!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 09:48AM

Welcome, bluidyclavers! Don't be shy about posting, if you feel so inclined. We're glad to have you here, and any friend of the Boner's is a friend of ours.

Date: June 30, 2019 07:17PM

And so my true calling has been served again, and I modestly make a tiny curtsey and bid welcome to RfMer bluidyclavers, which I keep trying to pronounce with a Scottish brogue, hoping I'm in the linguist ballpark.

And once again the unfairness of the world requires comment: you lurk when you ought not, and others, myself included, prattle on endlessly.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 30, 2019 07:30PM

The Boner is doing OK but he's been busy.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 30, 2019 08:52PM

A busy Boner is a happy Boner.

Just don't overdo it and get sore.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 30, 2019 08:55PM

:) practice makes perfect!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 30, 2019 07:32PM

Oh my Gawd.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 30, 2019 08:16PM

Who is Boner?

Date: June 30, 2019 08:20PM

Who Is John Galt?

Date: June 30, 2019 08:29PM

In about 1994, prior to me getting online via AOL dial-up, I would actually go to bed at a reasonable hour, and as was my wont, I would read myself to sleep. I had just purchased a portable CD player which required headphones, and among my small collection of purchased CDs was a disc of Pachelbel's Canon in D; it had a number of versions, on different instruments, all playing the Canon over and over. And I would listen via the earphones to these multiple versions. It was a good way to fall asleep...

So I came to associate Dagny and ultimately Mr. Galt with the Canon in D. I can't hear the Canon without thinking of them, nor hear or see the two names without thinking of the Canon.

Weird, huh?

Date: June 30, 2019 08:33PM

To some that might be the definition of hell.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 11:28AM

He drew a man with a vacant look on his face, sitting on a simple wooden chair, in an unfurnished cell. On the ceiling is a naked lightbulb and a crummy little speaker. Caption: "Prisoner of Pachelbel."

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 09:41AM

stomping through my brain.

Date: June 30, 2019 08:54PM

The stuff of your wet dreams, Shumms.

Date: June 30, 2019 08:40PM

Hi Boner...

Date: June 30, 2019 08:58PM

I’m looking forward to our threesome at the Red Iguana, Saucie. And remember, if the Dawg gets out of line, I’d be happy to help you discipline his Lamanite ass. I love you both!

Date: July 01, 2019 12:56PM

BYU Boner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’m looking forward to our threesome at the Red
> Iguana, Saucie. And remember, if the Dawg gets out
> of line, I’d be happy to help you discipline his
> Lamanite ass. I love you both!

Back atcha Luv.... we need another threesome at the Red Iguana.
You are such a wonderful person and its always good to get together.

Date: July 01, 2019 01:09PM

...I gotz ta take a stand:

memikeyounot has to be there, too.

You get loud, semi-obnoxious, hyper people like the proposed three-some, who were it not for being loud, semi-obnoxious & hyper, would not make the impressions they do.

I'm very guilty as charged, but I believe I have some of that there 'empathy' about which social critics harp. Loud, semi-obnoxious, hyper people are a curiosity because they stand out from the majority of people... But the adjectives wouldn't be 'good' adjectives but for the acceptance given us by our peers.

Crap, I'm making a hash of this... All people matter.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 09:25PM

We need to make it a foursome when I'm down there next.

Date: June 30, 2019 08:52PM

Well fuck, if you put it that way, I guess I’m obligated to stick around. Yes, sometimes we Lutherans slum with our partners in crime—Episcopalians.

How many Episcopalians does it take to change a lightbulb? 5. One to change it, one to carve the memorial plaque, and three to bring the wine, fruit, and cheese platters.

How many Lutherans, 1. Just so long as it doesn’t involve rhythm or clapping.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2019 08:53PM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 30, 2019 09:02PM

Martin Luther was the only church leader that I know of who claimed to possess supernatural powers.

“But I resist the devil, and often it is with a fart that I chase him away”.

Date: June 30, 2019 09:13PM

Yes, I follow that maxim. When I first met the Dawg, I Bro-hugged him and let out a SBD (much more effective than Joseph’s handshake) as I was aware that I had, in fact, just hugged Old Scratch. To my delight, he blushed, curtsied, and introduced me to Saucie. All of which reinforced my perception that nice girls go for bad boys.

What I was unprepared for was his quiet and gentle countenance. As with Will Shakespeare I noted the devil doth assume a pleasing shape. Alas, I was done in, I did share conversation, good times, loud laughing, and Mr. Steak stories, and then, I did eat (and fart).

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 09:49AM

The Boner is always welcome in these parts, however often he chooses to swing by. I always like hearing from longtime board members who are taking a sabbatical, or who have moved on.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 01:15PM

I guess this means RfM has ED in more ways than one.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 01:27PM

It was fun joking around with him, to be sure. But on the other thread, he said, "I go days without thinking about Mormonism" (paraphrase). That's where he's at--RfM is for people who have to process the painful & problematic issues that former Mormons are inflicted by.

So it seems BYU-B doesn't need RfM, as he has other, more conventional, life issues to focus on.

This happened with me and Christian Science, and an ex-CS board that is now in archive status. Christian Science, as a religious entity, has dwindled to where very few people are needing a forum to work through their issues. They've either moved on, or they're staying put in CS, and that's where they'll be until they die and learn that they've been horribly deceived.

Me? I go days, often weeks, without Christian Science entering my thoughts at all. And we can look forward to this happening with LDS, too.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 01:29PM

My post was a joke. I think Boner would have appreciated it.

Date: July 01, 2019 11:09PM

Well appreciated, Elder! Brohugs!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 07:44PM

Was it the sunday in utah thread? I wasn't sure if I should point out his post or not. I had to keep checking the date to make sure it really was June 30, 2019. 2019 2019

I didn't want to run him off.

It is good to see you. YOU ARE MISSED.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2019 07:44PM by cl2.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 05:54AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.