Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 04:59PM

This is a good article about exmos leaving the church, including quotes from Mark N., the lawyer who helps people to resign.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/1/18759587/mormon-church-quit#ormon-exmormon-jesus-christ-internet-seo-lds

(Put an "m" where you see the hashtag.)

There is a good discussion of why you want to resign your children-of-record (blessed but not baptized) along with the rest of your family. And Mark states that Kirton McKonkie is now requiring a notarized resignation from his clients.

Perhaps the church should also require a valid I.D. and a notarized request from those requesting baptism to make things fair.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 05:16PM

> Perhaps the church should
> also require a valid I.D.
> and a notarized request from
> those requesting baptism to
> make things fair.

I bet ghawd is going to remember the people who were snarky towards him!

I'll save you a chair in the waiting room...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 02:45AM

And a nice box of chardonnay.

Posted by: Talon Avex ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 06:06PM

It's a well-written article and it can be easily understood by a person who is LDS (sorry, not typing out the long name) or has never been LDS.

The crappy thing is that when someone wants out, they make you jump through hoops and hunt you down. When I left the church of my childhood (there is a story that I'll tell one day), they never came looking for me nor did they badger my family or friends.

The alienation (and I've seen my LDS friends who have left go through it) makes the church look like an overbearing cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2019 06:07PM by Talon Avex.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 01, 2019 06:16PM

It seems a logical effect from the cause of a lawyering church.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 02:36AM

"In recent years, the Church has been embattled by the efficiency of the internet. It’s never been easier to stumble across information that contradicts the pillars of faith. That’s true for many religions but especially Mormonism, which has a very recent history. Where the unsavory specifics of an older faith’s origins may have been eroded by time, reduced to a handful of too-old-to-question texts and some shriveled relics, the early years of Mormonism are well-documented and easily examined online. The internet has also given Mormons new platforms, from forums to podcasts, where they can share their findings. The result has been a mass undoctrination."

The church wouldn't be in such a tight spot if their leaders hadn't bragged that they had all the truth and all of the answers to life's questions. Other churches have found a way to reconcile their beliefs with an ever-changing world, but not LDS Corp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2019 02:37AM by messygoop.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 02:23PM

If anything, the cult is constant....constantly stupid.

Oh well, let them be. Let them, like when Ballard recently, emphatically stated that the church has never hidden any information.

What???

Say that again, Ballard and he did. To the youth who, after the meeting, had their handy fact-checkers in their hands and could double check, and triple check, what Ballard had blirted.

I bet some of those youth got right busy on their phones.

It is sooo easy to rapidly check-off numerous hidden-cult-issues: hmmm, the first first vision story WRITTEN BY JOSEPH which Joseph Fielding Smith PURPOSELY CUT out of the book it was written in and then stashed it for THREE decades where, in the church vault, it lay gathering something-or-other. Hmmm, then there is the easily verified church bungling and deception in the Mark Hoffman case, the hiding of the BROWN SEER STONE, then whish, making it appear because the church was under pressure and had to, and, not to be forgotten, (because once you are aware of it and understand it, you cannot easily forget it) Joseph Smith's bedding, terrorizing, and wedding teenage girls, all while hiding it from Emma who the cult continually stresses was the love of his life that he treated oh, so well.

Well.....I, myself, and I hope the church continues its stupid path.

It deserves nothing else.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.