Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 01:12PM

Why not both?

Petula Bentley would make a nice first and middle name. Though I wouldn't name her Bentley Petula. That doesn't have the same ring to it.

Good luck. Naming a baby is a special event in itself. A very choosy rite and I'm sure you know what I mean. It's painstaking.

You want to make sure the name fits the baby and for when she grows up. And all the stages in between. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 01:15PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You want to make sure the name fits the baby and
> for when she grows up.

If it doesn't fit you must acquit.

Some people outgrow their names. My father's birth name was Rulon Jeffs Junior.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 02:25PM

I love the name Hank. Especially for girl.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 02:34PM

YEAH, THEN THEY COULD CALL HER HENRY FOR SHORT

Date: July 02, 2019 02:36PM

I love it when you're wack!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 02:37PM

Capital.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 02:38PM

If Sigourney worked, damn near anything can work. :)

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 03:22PM

Delilah Jade

Date: July 02, 2019 03:28PM

Puddin

It could work for both boys and girls.

There is a class of names that could have implications in terms of names that could help direct development.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 07:00PM

Is that what your parents had in mind, Earnest?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2019 07:01PM by Lot's Wife.

Date: July 02, 2019 07:22PM

Hahahaha! Yes, Willy!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 07:30PM

Ah yes, but is it Wilda, Wilma, Willow, Winnifred or Wihlemina?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 02, 2019 08:08PM

Wilhelmina, but she went by a shorter version, Mina. Not Willy!

Names are definitely "interesting."

Yes, I could tell the personalities of my BABIES before they were born. My daughter was wild and my son was calm. My daughter kicked me a ventral hernia as she was up under my rib cage. My son was calm for the most part, but too smart for his own good. He would drive me nuts with all his questions and DEBATES even at age 3, but he was easier for me to get along with. My daughter has been bossy all her life and she even admits it.

I thought I was having a boy. Then I was having twins. I didn't know what to think of the gender. I wanted boys as I never got along with my sisters, but I never was able to admit to myself there were 2 boys. My sister had a dream there were 2 girls. But they definitely had personalities before they were born. It was pretty interesting.

I never could figure out why my parents named me Colleen. It took until the last few years of my mother's life to make the connection. Colleen was one of her high school friends and she always liked the name. I grew up when Colleen was not a popular name and all the ladies my mom's age had the name. I was the lucky one, though. I got a better name than my sisters.

This is the name I love the most. My dad's father is Romeo. It fit him in terms of just who he was, not because he was a womanizer, as he wasn't. He did remarry at 83, but he was a wonderful husband to my grandmother who was sick as long as I could remember. He took care of her. My grandfather got that name as his mother's neighbor couldn't have children, so his mother told this woman she could name her next child and we have Romeo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2019 08:10PM by cl2.

Date: July 03, 2019 07:23AM

A GGGGrandmother of mine, one of my Jewish grandmarms, was named Minna. That was her given first name in its entirety. She was the first of my direct line of Jewish ancestors, with her husband, to immigrate to America. Our relatives who stayed behind in Germany and elsewhere in Europe, many of them didn't escape the destruction of the Holocaust when it swept them away, like a crimson tide.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 01:41AM

That "freed" it up for my son, who named our first grandchild "Charles Randall." Now everything makes sense!

"Colleen" means "girl" or "countrywoman," and fits Cl2 very well, methinks.

I'm annoyed with myself for having thrown it out, but the NY Slymes had an article on unusual names, and included "Bentley." Its use for boys outnumbered girls by a few hundred to a handful, and is still very rare. Exotic, I'd say.

Date: July 03, 2019 07:32AM

I grew up with a classmate named Charles Randall. First and last name. :)

Colleen is also the name of one of my cousins who we met when I was researching information I needed for DAR registration in the past couple of years. She is a bit older than me. Retired and living up in Montana now. She looks after the graves of our great grandparents up there.

"My" Colleen took care of her elderly mom in her final days which is why she left her job in Texas, took an early retirement, and moved north to Montana to spend her golden years up there. She isn't particularly fond of Montana, but has grown to like it. I could see her liking Texas more. She looks more like a Texan southern belle type herself.

She has friends in Arizona who she snowbirds down to see in the wintertime to get her out of the cold and snow of Montana
winters. If I were in St George she could come visit me! My dream has been put on hold pending my own retirement plans since housing has been going through the roof there these past several years. I don't want to sink all my retirement income into housing. I may end up snowbirding myself to a warmer southern clime in the wintertime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2019 07:33AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 12:15AM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I grew up with a classmate named Charles Randall.
> First and last name. :)
>
Charles is the baby's 1st name, "Randall" is his middle, and my first.

Colleen is so beautiful, phonetically. Back in the 1960s, there was a model, Colleen Corby, who was probably the first super model. She was everywhere: catalogues, high-fashion, but especially in Seventeen and similar mags.

http://www.colleencorby.net/

Click on any year--Every Boomer on the board will recognize her.

Date: July 05, 2019 06:46AM

This was her in 2010:

Just a reminder even supermodels age ... she still looks pretty, just 'weathered' with time ... ;) she looks like a very kind person inside *and* out. At the least she looks radiant and happy. It's from her 'inner glow.'

https://images.app.goo.gl/oR66otZx4mLQGxKf6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2019 06:54AM by Amyjo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.