Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Utahnomo ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 11:55AM

So a while back I wrote about this old fart that came to my house to visit my mom and I disappeared into my bedroom. While he was visiting with her, alone with no one else with him, he proceeded to call her to repentance and to threaten her that if she didn't start going to church she would not be with my dad when she passes on.

Well, last night he showed up with his partner. My wife answered the door and was being all nice telling him that my mom was having dinner and he was being pushy as usual, so I bee-lined it to the door and cut into the conversation and said,"you aren't welcome here please go away."
He said, "huh"?
I said, "you are not welcome here." I pointed to the other guy and said, "you are welcome any time" then pointed to the old rude fart and said, "you are not welcome here do not ever come back."
He looked all shitty and said, "oh ok." I stepped back and closed the door.

I have to admit it felt very good!!! Now we will see what he does. I am pretty sure my mom will now get a visit with the bishop. If he does come back, I will pay a visit to his house and really let him have it.

On a side note, when this interaction took place his partner just stood there and kind of smiled, I suspect he is tired of going out with this rude obnoxious old fart and was glad to see somebody put him in his place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 11:57AM

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 01:44PM

Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 04:09PM

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 12:03PM

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 12:10PM

Classic example of the cult's power ... or lack thereof!

They only have as much as you give 'em. It appears you took away whatever the old fart thought he had and beat him with it.

Nuthin' like a good old fashioned, short and to-the-point, verbal ass-whoopin'!

At-A-Boy, Utahnomo (ten of those get you a What-A-Man, but one Oh-S**t! wipes the whole thing out), you did good!

Timothy

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 12:13PM

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 12:13PM

tell everyone how he treated your Mom.

Tell them you don't have to put up with religous bullies.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 12:27PM

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 04:00PM

Bullies are bullies, regardless of their religious affiliation.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 04:00PM

Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 04:03PM

Posted by: drewmeister ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 04:05PM

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 04:39PM

When spurious authority is not confronted, it is encouraged.

You've done your part ...

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 07:03PM

So glad you stood up for your mom. No one minding their business in their home needs to put up with verbal abuse from an uninvited religious fanatic.

You need not worry how this guy feels about your comments. That's his business. Your job was to protect your mother and the sanctity of your home.

Posted by: packleader5 ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 09:05PM

I firmly believe that Mormons rely on our "kindness" to get into our homes and into our minds.

After the church received my husband and 3 stepkids' request to be removed from the rosters, miraculously the missionaries came to visit our home (which is in a small hamlet in the middle of nowhere---they didn't bike there, that's for sure, and I haven't seen missionaries out there before, or since).

It was a summer day and I was working in the garden with my preschool age children with me. They got out of the car and began to walk up the sidewalk. I knew immediately who they were.

I got up and walked to the edge of the property, drawing a clear boundary for them, asking them what they wanted. They smiled all pretty and said that they were just here to visit with us. I said, "I don't really want to, and I really don't think you have anything I need to hear." The continued to walk toward my house---saying that they'd like to talk to my teenagers.

I grabbed the hose and hosed them down, saying, "I told you, you aren't welcome here." Got them drenched. :-)

Guess what? We haven't gotten a call or a visit since!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 09:31PM

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 10:41PM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 10:50PM

Is this the same story? She was upset with them. Sounds to me like you are carrying out her wishes!!
Good for you.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 12:20PM

Telling them they are not welcome, might get through to them!
The sense of self confidence when we own our own power is spine tingling! :-)

Posted by: Utahnomo ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 10:28AM

Hi all, sorry for my late reply from yesterday I got so busy at work I didn't have time to come back after I posted this.

Thank you all for your support, that is what I love about coming here!!!

My mom has not been to church since we all moved into the house in July and she doesn't know who the bishop is so she has not been able to call him and tell him that she doesn't want that old fart back.

Anyway, it felt good and I am very happy I got the chance to do it. It is the first time I have had an opportunity to put some loudmouth morgbot in their place since I left. Since I live in the moridor I am sure I will have other opportunities but since this was my first it was kinda speshul!!!

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 12:32PM

These sort of assertive/agressive tactics are taught in the MTC (I am assuming this - as I was taught this approach in the LTM 30+ years ago).

Push until there is solid, expressed push back. And at that point, it is the other person's fault, and they are persecuting the servants of the lard.

Ugh!!!!

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 12:56PM

HEY THATS GREAT!! you da MAN!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.