Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 06:21PM

My cat, she was old and had a tumor. She loved me so completely. At nights, it was hard to read because she loved to sit on my chest, purr, and pat my beard. She nuzzled like a dog and only cared about me.

I'm sad right now, but I'm grateful that I could hold her as she relaxed and fell asleep. My wife took me in because she knew I wouldn't be able to control the tears. In my sadness, I thought of all the wonderful people who have to be alone when their companions have to be euthanized.

In the end, although I'm still teary, I had many years of unconditional love and companionship. Tonight, I'll hold my other animals a little bit closer. Peace and love be with you all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 06:25PM

I'm sorry, BYUB. I've always been an animal person, too, and losing a beloved pet is very difficult. I guess the saving grace is that, like deceased people, pets never cease being individuals with distinct characters and idiosyncrasies that live with us forever.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 06:31PM

Condolences Boner. I could say something in regards to the a word for cat and your chosen handle but I will defer out of respect for your grief. Keep your head up! Wow. I just gotta stop.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 06:33PM

I feel so much for you and what you are feeling right now.

We've had to take so many of our cats into the vet's for their final journey, and it always hurts so much.

I'm sorry for you, Boner....and I am happy that your cat is now safe on the other side, and that she is not in pain, or in discomfort, anymore.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 06:34PM

Many years of affection ends with a severe heartache. A great bargain, but it might be hard to see that now.

I feel for you.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 06:40PM

So sorry for your loss. Animals love with no conditions.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 06:41PM

Losing a pet is just awful. I'm sorry for your loss.

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 06:44PM

That is so hard - to lose a pet. One of the worst days of my life was when I had to have our 15 year old dog euthanatized.
I am so sorry.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 06:57PM

It is hell to lose them.

Posted by: tofino ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 08:10PM

It's heart-wrenching to have your beloved animal pass away. The shared times, affection, and love is what I fondly remember the most when I feel and think of our pets who have passed away. We had our vet come to the house and send our 17 yr old Pomeranian to doggie heaven. Bitter sweet. I hope you have pictures to remind you of the love your pet gave to you and your family to your cat.

I've had more sense of loss from losing beloved fur babies than some family members and some friends. Come to find out I've discovered other people have shared that they can totally relate.

The Rainbow Bridge poem easily found online has helped me to think and feel I will be reunited with all my fur babies again.

Many on RfM share your sorrow.

Regards, Tofino

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 08:30PM

...and lots of unconditional love from across this board.

Peace be unto your kitty, and especially unto you.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 09:02PM

Warmest Wishes Boner. My heart sinks for you. I hope you know that your cats life was complete and happy because of your love for her.

HH =-(

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 09:02PM

Of all afterlife writings in history, the only one that really gets to me is The Rainbow Bridge.

May your kitty have a wonderful journey.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 09:20PM

So very sorry for your loss.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 09:45PM

So sorry for your loss, BYU Bonner. I feel your pain. My beloved rescue cat died 8 years ago and I still haven't gotten over it. He was a soulmate.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 06:25AM

I lost my last kitty eight years ago. We had her for 17 years. She was a Valentine's gift for my children one winter, and doubled as a mouser when I had a problem with mice in my apartment. The mice disappeared as soon as she moved in, so she never had to catch any. ;)

It is heartbreaking to lose one of our furbabies. Lace will always have a special place in my heart, and my children's.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 10:06PM

I'm very sorry for your loss, BYU Boner. A loved cat of mine died in 2014 and I was devastated. I attended meetings of a pet loss support group for a time and found it helpful to be with others who were feeling the same way I was.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: July 03, 2019 10:49PM

Sorry, Boner. That just sucks. Losing a fur-baby is tough, but they will always occupy a special place in our hearts. Peace.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 12:03AM

Our kitties may cross the Bridge without us, but I like to think that we will be with them again, one day. Take care, Boner. We love you!

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 01:04AM

Boner, So sorry to hear about your kitty. Animals love us for who we are and bring so much joy into our lives. For myself, I believe we’ll see them again. If ever there was an example of the word,“perfect”, it is our pets. (Fur babies)

Posted by: MexMom ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 03:11AM

So very sad; sorry for your loss.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 04:28AM

Sad to hear it, Boner (although it's nice to see you back among us). I understand your pain as my own cat, who was similarly imprinted on me and rather embarrassingly totally ignored the rest of the family, disappeared over Christmas when we were in Peru, so I didn't even get to say goodbye :-(

Tom in Paris

Posted by: bluidyclavers ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 05:27AM

So sorry, my friend.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 06:39AM

I am so sorry for your loss, byub. It's so heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet. I wish for you comfort and quick healing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2019 06:40AM by Aquarius123.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 08:55AM

I'm sorry, Boner. My own cat has entered old age, and I dread the day that I may have to make a similar decision.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 12:22PM

Thank you all for the kind words and support. I miss her, but she’s at peace and out of pain. I remember fun times and see her as the kitten I wasn’t supposed to have (another family member adopted her, but she quickly became my cat).

If any of you are considering adopting a kitty, please go to your last cal animal shelter and consider adopting a black cat. Although the superstition is slowly changing, black cats are difficult to place. Love to you all, my friends. Boner

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 01:14PM

"Thor" turned out to have a wonderful, affectionate disposition, even if she's a rather inept mouser. She's one-for-three, that we know of.

"Thor"..."she?" Thor was incorrectly sexed male. After extensive discussion and discerning consultation with her, we decided to keep the name "Thor." She doesn't seem to mind at all.

I heard that shelters will not make black cats available for adoption around Halloween, as there have been reports of self-styled Satanists abusing them. Don't know if that's true, though.

Glad to hear you're bearing up, Boner. You're still in my prayers.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 12:46PM

I feel you.

We had a dog that needed care for many years and it was heartbreaking to lose him.

Our 3 other dogs still miss him, we all do.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 08:48PM

I never realized black cats don't get adopted as often. That's so sad.

Even though another dog never replaces the ones I've lost, they sure fill part of the huge hole left in my heart. I got 2 this last time as they had been left at the side of the road in a kennel and a sheriff found them. I wasn't going to get anymore dogs until I read about them. My adopted pets seem to KNOW they have been saved.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 08:50PM

You have my sympathy. Dusty, my Cocker Spaniel is my buddy. He has been so soothing for my soul since my wife passed. He was her best buddy and now he's mine. So blessed.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 09:50PM

Hey, I don't know if you would like this, but there is a British TV show by Ricky Gervase about a guy who lost his beloved wife. It's kind of crude but incredibly touching and funny. He has a dog he cares for. There are some interesting observations about humanity. It is called Afterlife. If you have Netflix, check it out. Some people hate it but others love it. I'm waiting for season 2.

Thanks to everyone who treats their pets kindly and gave them a loving environment.
I don't deserve my dog. She is a much better "person" than me! It's hard to lose a beloved pet.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 08:59PM

I'm sorry for your loss, Boner.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 04, 2019 11:10PM

I'm so sorry Boner. Some of my best friends in the world were

my kitties. I loved them dearly and the love was returned ten

fold.

Its hard to lose a friend like that.

Posted by: uniformbravo ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 01:06PM

So sorry for your loss.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 01:12PM

Cats are charming fury friends.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 10:27PM

Posted by: Wandering_Kolobian ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 08:08AM

My deepest condolences. Not long after I joined this group, the same thing happened to me. I miss my cat daily, he was a terrific friend who never judged. Truly, unconditional love is something that can never be explained, only experienced.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.