Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 09:49PM

Faithful Latter-day Saints would call it a pastel gray, but dim is what I'd call it.

The future is bleak-to-grim, according to these statistics of the church that began when a young man placed a sacred stone in his hat and fooled generations that had no access to opposing data.

http://www.fullerconsideration.com/membership.php

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 05, 2019 10:02PM

The churvh is built on lies. It moves forth on momentum.

It is slowing down rapidly now. Its trajectory is to hit the bottom, where it began.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqt-TDLjaJw

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 10:05PM

Git down & parteh!!!!

Take THAT, mormonasses!

"Only the Elect" is getting pretty pint-sized!

Posted by: FelixNLI ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 11:32PM

If I am reading the chart correctly it appears that the number who have resigned is quickly approaching 1.75 million. I predict the number of resigned will eventually outnumber active members.

Date: July 06, 2019 03:31AM

...or were they leaked?

They certainly aren't complimentary.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 05:10AM

Some of the projections on these are more convincing than others.

The activity rate one and birth rate look right, since westerners prefer not to breed so much.

The convert baptism and missionary number ones look less convincing bases on previous data. Names removed looks wrong to me as well, but that is such a jagged graph that it's hard to see where it will go. (Most inactive members do not have their names removed AFAIK.)

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 04:19PM

Not only are future resignations a guess, but past number of resignations is also a guess. LDS Inc has never released that number. At best, the evidence is hearsay. Of course the Q15 know precisely what the number is, but they aren’t saying.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 08:52PM

Fullerconsideration(dot)com is run by faithful (ostensibly; I can't know their hearts) mormons. They've often been cited as a reliable source, in a field with literally, zero reliable sources.

Sure, take the stats with a grain of salt, but the impression I have is that all the site owner cares about is the rigorous application of accounting standards.

I've never heard any accusations of an ax to grind.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 10:26AM

I don’t think that site has an ax to grind. It’s just that even projecting into the future from reliable past data is dicey. Projecting from unreliable past data is very dicey. Take resignation projections with a barrel of salt.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 08:24PM

I haven't looked at all the sources, but for the numbers of missionaries and converts I'm pretty sure they used the figures publicly released by the church. As far as the numbers for "names removed" (resignations), I believe they found sources which attempted to extrapolate the figures from, again, publicly released church stats.

The Mormon church is clearly faltering, but has a base of a few million hard core members and many billions of dollars in cash, real estate and other investments, and from what I understand, very little, if any, debt. I think the church has a century or two left just coasting along on pure momentum.

Date: July 07, 2019 03:09AM

I've never seen church released resignation stats. The only way I could think they could get them is by taking membership stats, comparing with baptisms, and then trying to remove the deaths from that figurem

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 02:53AM

Date: July 07, 2019 03:10AM

Anglicanism has done that and it hasn't really worked for them in developed countries.

Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 11:33PM

I think a 20% activity rate is already here in 2020. I know many more inactive members that I do active members now. Every day more and more leave the cult.
Listen, the LDS church - Book of Mormon is a 100% proven fraud. That my friends is the elephant in the room.

Posted by: Sorry, not sorry ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 03:13AM

Oregon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That my friends is the elephant in
> the room.

Did you mean curelom?

Posted by: Sorry, no sorry ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 03:12AM

Did you mean curelom in the room?

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 07:21AM

The Mormon corporation is following the national trend it seems..

https://news.gallup.com/poll/248837/church-membership-down-sharply-past-two-decades.aspx

An excerpt : "Most millennials were too young to be polled in 1998-2000. Now that they have reached adulthood, their church membership rates are exceedingly low and appear to be a major factor in the drop in overall U.S. church membership. Just 42% of millennials are members of churches, on average."

Posted by: MarkJ ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 10:13AM

It would be interesting to see those graph lines of membership matched to lines of population growth. I think that would flatten out the slopes for growth as a relative number.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 10:25AM

"had no access to opposing data." = had no access to truth.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.