Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 01:12PM

So I'm on Vancouver Island with my son and his family...in the rainforest (and it's raining gently)...they're going caving and I'm drinking in the beauty if this place...and some bitchin' premium coffee. And some people are stuck in church?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 01:40PM

His daughter lives on Cortes Island and he is there now. Maybe someday I'll go along once SS starts.

I walked dogs, yard work, now I'm doing my job. Then I'll watch a movie or something. Oh of course, so much better than church.

I think every man in this neighborhood has a big truck with a loud muffler. Walking the dogs was tricky this morning. On weekday mornings, it isn't like this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2019 01:41PM by cl2.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 01:57PM

Date: July 07, 2019 02:25PM

You're very welcome, Cheryl. I got bored waiting for the kids so came back down to the beach to watch the seals and the tide change

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 03:07PM

Ron, your post is lovely. The beach is the best.
Sorry some big loser is so interested in someone else's urinary habits. Sounds a whole lot pervy to me.
Anyway, enjoy this beautiful day with your family.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 03:10PM

Just got back from a long walk . We’re trying to decide where to eat later. We don’t feel like driving too far. I’m in the mood for some fish. It’s boring , waiting for Hockey season to start again. Still depressed about the Bruins. Last night I tried 120 minute IPA,18%. Didn’t like it, didn’t taste like regular IPA.
My husband had Evil twin brewery, 120 days dry aged stout , 17%.
That one was nasty. I hate stouts though.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 04:12PM

Ah buddy! The pics of you on the beach made me smile. Hoist a beer in honor of the Boner!

Date: July 07, 2019 04:21PM

Done pal.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 09:54PM

Ah, Vancouver is beautiful anytime of year.

Enjoy. Primo coffee, rainforest? What's not to enjoy?

I've been to Vancouver Island a couple of times. Loved it there.

I went in September. Doubt there's a bad time of year to go visit Vancouver. :)

Today I walked my doggies. Did the laundry. Tried to be responsible. After my trip to Salt Lake City a couple of weeks ago, I'm ready to run away again, just need to revamp and make some new vaca plans. SLC was nice, we just didn't have a whole lotta time to visit. One of my children had only a few days there after a friend's wedding in Seattle.

But we made the most of it. Saw some places neither of us had before, so that was nice. And a childhood home I lived in Holladay, Utah. Or where it *used* to be is more like it. It's been replaced by co-ops and townhomes. But the driveway was still there I used to walk up and down as a child. That brought back memories.

:)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 12:01AM

I love V.I.

The NorthweSt
July 4th weekend
Windy, rainy, cooler
High. 69. Eagles. Otters
Mountains. Forest. Beaches
The big VI must've been nice

Mine was pretty rad, with beautiful people, music, food, scenery, friends, events, art... I did my part. Breezy & Rainy!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 01:09AM

It sounds really lovely, LR. I'm glad that you are enjoying time with your son and his family in such a beautiful locale.

My treat today was watching the U.S. women's soccer team play their winning match in France.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 10:56AM

I came home from yoga yesterday to find my wife at home. She told me she just couldn't do church and left. Wow!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 11:02AM

F&TM is rough...

Date: July 08, 2019 04:23PM

LOL! I think it was the people talking to her that couldn't even remember how many children we have but knew we have 3 on missions at the same time.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 07:01PM

An old lady I knew long ago always said you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Good advice.

Slow and easy, soft and gentle EB.

But, wow. Good news. Maybe a slight crack...

Date: July 12, 2019 02:22PM

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 03:51PM

Sleep in... Read... Breakfast... Lunch... Read some more.. nap... play on computer... fix dinner... watch some TV... go to bed...

Posted by: Outsider living in but Out ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 05:52PM

Slept in. Went to the Gym. Beautiful hike to Timpanogos Cave and an evening of Netflix.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 06:18PM

Looking forward to retirement when everyday will feel like Sunday because I won't need to get up to go to work!

:D

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 12, 2019 12:05PM

That'll be the day
I mean life

Enjoy everyday-
As I know you do-
Amyjo

Date: July 12, 2019 12:23PM

I spent some time with my son and grandchildren at Cathedral Grove on the way to Port Alberni. It is an ethereal, incredibly spiritual place. My second time there. I will be back.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: July 12, 2019 03:04PM

Oh yes, Cathedral Grove is amazing! It’s hard to find anywhere on Vancouver Island that isn’t beautiful, isn’t it?

I will be heading to Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands) at the end of the month and am really looking forward to being surrounded by rain forest for a few days.

Date: July 12, 2019 10:51PM

Haida Gwaii is a very special place. I have never been there but I have read about and watched video about it and it's magical. On my bucket list.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.