Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Secular Priest ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 12:20AM

Just listened to a pod cast about Dusty Rusty. It was how he took three events in his life and blew them up to make himself look good. Each event was presented to Church members by Rusty. The pod cast presented and document the original event and then showed how Dusty Rusty made it into a miracle. The documentation was written and oral.
It was the last event that he talked about that bothers me. A couple of years ago, Dusty Rusty and Bendy Wendy were in South America meeting with mission president. A couple of other people were present. The news reported that 4 thieves came into the mission with machetes to rob the mission home. The only one who spoke the language was the mission president’s wife. She ran out into the street yelling in the native language they were being robbed. End result according to news report the thieves got away with nothing. She got an injured arm and no one else was hurt or threatened.
Dusty Rusty talks about it in one of his later books saying that the people were coming to get him, and the Lord intervened, and the thieves left. The only one who understood the language well enough was the mission president’s wife and had run out and was yelling in the street. So how would Dusty Rusty know what they were saying?
Within the last year we have Dusty Rusty telling Church members in a meeting that the thieves pointed a gun at his head and told him they were going to kill him and were going to take Wendy. They pulled the trigger and the gun did not fire. Wendy said she could feel the influence of the spirit and that it was that, that chased the intruders away. So, we have gone from machetes to guns. From no one, except the mission president’s wife who could speak or understand the language well enough, to Rusty knowing what they said to him. From a simple robbery to a gun pointed at Dusty Rusty’s head and the gun not firing. From a simple robbery to wanting to take Wendy hostage.
Wendy confirmed at the same meeting with Church members that this is what happened. Great examples of honour and honesty from the top leaders of the Church. Two people who took an event and just blew it up to make themselves look good. They deserve each other.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 12:27AM

Like Rango and the little possum.

Posted by: Hablabin ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 01:12AM

The news report could have gotten the story wrong. It may have an initial story without the full facts.

But I think Dusty Rusty is a lying, phony hypocrite anyway. And Bendy Wendy just looks the other way and tries to justify him.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 05:38AM

Maybe the story involved the thieves forcing the opening of the safe only to find dozens of copies of the Book of Mormon. They thieves probably ran off thinking that they were going to knock over the leader of the cartel.

Posted by: fluentinmandarin ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 08:04AM

"President Spencer W. Kimball once had a meeting in which he challenged everyone present to learn Chinese. President Nelson took on the challenge and became fluent in Mandarin—no big deal."

The Spirit translated the threat into mandarin.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/youth/article/11-things-you-didnt-know-about-president-nelson?lang=eng

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 10:02AM

Everything, and I mean everything and anything, can be spun into a miracle in mormondumb. Even common place daily activity - if the fireside or sacrament speaker wants to spin it - they will. This is the lying ass culture of the Mormon cult. Joseph Myth was the master, and Bendy Wendy and Dusty Rusty are his star pupils. In my opinion, both are lying, spinning, embellishing, and adding facts that they did not report in the beginning. They would have us all believe that they are so very special, guaranteed God's in the hereafter, and should be worshipped because of their specialness and righteous glow. We should all bask in their glory. Guarantee you this - those scared Mormon leaders have never been back in that context. Yeah they rely on the "spirit" and penishood powers for protection, along with a security team, experts, bullet proof cars, etc. What a laughable bunch of con artists.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 10:28AM

" #3 He is a convert

Russell’s parents weren’t active members, but they still sent him to Sunday School. He often ditched his class to go play football. But his home teacher patiently taught him the gospel and the importance of church and the Sabbath. When he was 16, President Nelson and his siblings were baptized. His parents eventually became active in the Church again."

So......he's NOT a convert.

Does anything think about what they write?

Date: July 08, 2019 12:38PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> " #3 He is a convert
>
> Russell’s parents weren’t active members,
> but they still sent him to Sunday School. He often
> ditched his class to go play football. But his
> home teacher patiently taught him the gospel and
> the importance of church and the Sabbath. When he
> was 16, President Nelson and his siblings were
> baptized. His parents eventually became active in
> the Church again."
>
> So......he's NOT a convert.
>
> Does anything think about what they write?

And yet the football coach was "inspired" not to play Nelson; which turned out to be a blessing in disguise so he could become a great surgeon. That's how they spin the story. It couldn't possibly be the inconvenient truth that the coach thought Nelson wasn't a good player or that Nelson had poor rapport with others.

Posted by: allegro ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 12:56PM

I went to the Florida Conference in Orlando w/my daughter. She really wanted to go and got tickets. After fighting traffic, torrential rain, 3 car accidents on I 4 and a 1.5hr trip taking 4hr, we got there on time. The 1st speaker was the regional rep and then his wife. I called them the brown noser talks. Joseph Smith blah blah, prophets blah blah and then they were really pushing Nelson and his wonderful self. Then Harriet Uchdorf spoke about her life and her husband(good talk). Then he spoke. Same talk he gave at conference. Wendy was up next. Had pages of notes which she held off to the side and read. Stated she knows about the rumors and Sherry Dew is her best friend, Sherry went house hunting for Wendy and Nelson because they did not want anyone to know they were engaged. Also how she came to the decision of marriage and prayer. Then the main event. He rambled, was not on topic which was the same talk from conference. Your could here the shrill sound of talking through his teeth.

The sound system was awful. The speakers "phoned it in". There were no tele prompters or any other tech help. You really saw them in real life. I was disgusted. They looked like they doing everyone a favor by being there(except Harriet). It was the first time I really saw this man for what he is-a arrogant SOB. I looked around me. These people braved the rain, traffic and many came further than I did. What was interesting people were walking out during his talk and during the end song. We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet. Very few sang and ran to get out of there. It was Nelson and Wendy dog and pony show.

A good thing came out of it, my daughter has not been back to church since the conference and for the 1st time asking questions. She was disappointed in their attitudes and really saw the smoke and mirrows. She even picked up on it.

Posted by: Secular Priest ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 01:11PM

To sell books.

Posted by: Kentucky Crimson ( )
Date: July 14, 2019 02:29PM

Thank you for posting this, allegro. It made my day!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 15, 2019 03:22AM

I think there really has been a sea change. The top brass understand that they were taken for a ride. They no longer believe their own doctrine. The chickens came home to roost.

Those who would consider Mormonism should remember that he who lies down with dogs gets fleas.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 01:45PM

I often wonder how the members are dealing with Wendy and Rusty. She addressed the lesbian issue. I think by addressing it, she gave some authenticity to it. She should have not said anything about it at all if she wanted people to not be suspicious.

I have posted before about my cousin's daughter being in Boston at the time of the Boston marathon bombing. She and her little family were NOWHERE NEAR the marathon, but she wrote this long story about what transpired in their lives that day and after each little thing she put (miracle). There was not ONE THING that was a miracle.

Earlier that year, one of her uncles had been in a snowmobiling accident while working at one of the resorts. He ran into a big garbage thing (whatever they are called) while going fairly fast in the dark delivering something to a restaurant. He even had a tear in his aorta and HE LIVED. Nobody in the family ever wrote anything about his survival being a miracle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2019 01:46PM by cl2.

Date: July 08, 2019 04:11PM

Just think about all the miracles you could create by passing out a small bag of M&M candies to every missionary you met.

Posted by: Kristy ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 04:20PM

Lol...we laugh, but ironically this is what happens. In a talkamony thereafter you would hear something like this, "I was starving one afternoon after a long day of spreading the gospel to the inhabitants of this great city. I had to skip lunch because money was low being at the end of the month. I was hungry. Suddenly I felt prompted to pray for nourishment? "Nousrishment" I thought, what a strange thing to pray for, but I followed the promptings of the spirit." No sooner did I say "amen", but a stranger came up to me with a large bag of M and M's. I testify to you, that the Lord lives, He answers prayers, and that he takes care of his servants...blah blah blah."

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 08:00PM

In my not-so-humble-opinion Rusty is a piss-poor-actor who continually plays the role of the oh-so-caring prophet whether he's exhorting the destitute Africans to pay their tithing so they will be blessed with wealth or pretending to care about the gays.

How does a prophet have two revelations that are opposites (as the two dealing with the gays)? And, has the church bothered to apologize at all for the angst, excommunication, and suicides these two fiascoes caused???

Oh, yeah.....THEY are above apologizing for anything.....but it is a requirement for the peons.

I have NO respect for Rusty and his trusted partner who helps him concoct his revelations....his polygamous secretary. Monson may have told his widow stories one too many times but, in my book, he did not put his self twelve stories above the peons as Rusty and Wendy do, lying and lacing stories with whatever makes them look (they think) so in tune and blessed by God.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 10:43PM

these two are something else! After seeing the shrine erected to them at deseret book and Ms Dews adulation, it's unreal. Maybe they've taken down the display by now though?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 14, 2019 10:58PM

When Russ was (last?) in Seattle, I contacted his office asking for help with a serious family problem; Great Opportunity to use his PH powers, discernment, forgiving, using his influence - authority to intervene... True?

<Great Opportunity to focus on Honesty, Kindness-Caring-Compassion, Repentance & Forgiving>

Instead, he did (15 to 30 second ?) photo ops with the 'saints'; My DD posted theirs online. wow.

my timely, earnest request wasn't ever acknowledged.

Some help, huh?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.