Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 10:55PM

So, does anyone remember the black man and his white wife who were driving through a dense forest when they were interrupted by a space ship which stopped their progress, and which didn't quite touch the ground?

The man was taken up into the ship and his privates were analyzed (and so forth).

No harm was done him, and he wasn't supposed to even remember what had happened. Even so, a vague memory haunted him until the basics came back to him in his memory.

The story was told so simply by this humble man that it created a big tadue as to "what if" it really happened.

I tended to believe him--for what gain would it get him, and he knew he would have to suffer ridicule for telling his story.

And please--no silly stuff answers, just your opinion on the subject.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 11:08PM

ziller can confirm this thred ~

ziller have outer space expereance ~

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 11:15PM

I don't believe it happened.

There's no point in trying to thrash out what the motivation would be to 'publish' the story because reasonable minds will probably always differ.

If the space ship came from a civilization within our solar system, it occurs to me that they would do something more here on Terra than just come and examine genitalia.

And even more so if they are from a civilization based in another star system.

Time and energy are probably always viewed as finite when one is traveling. So I can't picture the investment being made for such mundane purposes as what the man described.

Also, the creation of an explanation regarding the faint memory... The space beings botched the erasing of his memory? Why give them so much credit, only to imply they're not all that bright?

There is a whole slew of other reasons behind my reluctance to consider alien visitations. About the only thing that would make sense to me would be a visit from a Galatic Pest Control. Would you want earthlings loose in the Universe at our current stage of development?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 11:26PM

You don’t think extraterrestrials would travels millions of light years to mess with your junk? Maybe they want your seed for a brownish alien hybrid. Fortunately the memory wipe worked with you or you’d be wondering about little alien EODs zipping around the galaxy.

Date: July 08, 2019 11:45PM

I can live with that! And your scenario bolsters mine: the aliens who diddled me gave me a perfectly executed 'mind-wipe'.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 09, 2019 12:30AM

Well, at least the mind wipe seems plausible.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: July 09, 2019 06:44PM

"If the space ship came from a civilization within our solar system, it occurs to me that they would do something more here on Terra than just come and examine genitalia."

There are human zoologists who spend much of their time examining animal spoor or owl pellets. Sometimes they go on expeditions to do this.

I'm aware of some studies done out in the North American wilderness which seemed to consist of analysis of bear dung.

Date: July 09, 2019 08:08PM

If you're comparing your genitalia with

> animal spoor, owl pellets and bear dung

I hope it pumps you up.

Date: July 09, 2019 08:17PM

Be careful or he'll accuse you of scatological language and explain that he considers such uncouth.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 11:52PM

I loved watching the movie with James Earl Jones in the UFO Incident from 1975 (with Estelle Parsons.)

That brought it to life for me.

I don't know if it really happened or not. But I'm an honest skeptic. Open to the possibility, but doubtful.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 08, 2019 11:59PM

Attention whore

Date: July 09, 2019 12:07AM

My late DW asked to see an alien spaceship one night before going to sleep. She had detailed dreams about them. The ones I remember her describing were the motherships and the personal spacecraft. The motherships were huge, holding hundreds or thousands of people. They’re almost like flying cities.

The personal craft was a one-seater. The controls were very simple because the ship uses a headband with sensors to interface with your consciousness. The seat has a soft memory foam feel but there’s a mechanism that lets the pilot cleanly poop without leaving the seat.

Date: July 09, 2019 05:08AM

I am currently traveling at a rate of thousands of miles per hour and I have traveled thousands of millions of miles through space in my lifetime. That might sound exotic, but the same applies to most people here.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: July 09, 2019 12:56PM

OK, so you're a space traveler by your own admission/ definition. Now how about the other part? ;)

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 09, 2019 08:25AM

Prior to WWII, people were pestered by demons. Demons had a really good run, several millennia, maybe several dozen. But now you almost never hear of being possessed by demons. Instead people are abducted by space aliens, because hey, space is the new big thing.

Exact same delusion. New coat of paint.

Date: July 09, 2019 01:50PM

This is true even of aliens, whose shape and coloration change demonstrably over time. There is research that shows how the appearance of the abductors in dreams evolves from one image to another, and the image tracks quite closely the aliens' portrayals in popular books, magazines, and then movies and TV. I guess that proves that Hollywood is dominated by extraterrestrials.

It is interesting always to see how people's attitudes towards alien visitation correlates with religious and political beliefs in general. There is a certain credulity...

Date: July 09, 2019 06:48PM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But now you almost never hear
> of being possessed by demons.

You're looking in the wrong places. Belief in demon possession is still very common in some parts of the world. It still crops up in the developed world - and mostly gets reported when an exorcism is fatal.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: July 09, 2019 08:41AM

This story is about Betty and Barney Hill. The story is possible. Having only read about it, I don't think that anyone can have a strong opinion about whether or not it is true.

Date: July 09, 2019 08:57AM

How many confirmed cases of delusion and mental illness have there been in the world? How many confirmed cases of alien abduction?

You phrase it like it is a 50-50 proposition. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't. There are zero confirmed cases of it actually happening. There are literally many millions of instances of delusional people

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Alien abduction is an extraordinary claim. Lacking other evidence, the default explanation is that it is either a delusion or a fabrication.

And the fact that there is no other evidence is not proof of how clever the aliens are, although it is a favorite conspiracy theory tactic. Simply make all disconfirming evidence part of the conspiracy. Of course there's no evidence. the aliens are not stupid. :-/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2019 09:01AM by Brother Of Jerry.

Date: July 09, 2019 01:12PM

This is an astounding thread.

Date: July 09, 2019 06:40PM

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Alien abduction is an extraordinary claim. Lacking other evidence, the default explanation is that it is either a delusion or a fabrication."

If such beings were visiting here covertly, and had much superior technology than us then it is highly likely they would be able to cover their tracks to a large extent. All this talk of invisible craft, secret night time kidnappings and mind wipes make sense within that context. It also makes more sense to visit rural areas as there would be less potential for disturbance.

If naturalists had much better technology, then I am sure they would ensure that wild animals would be unaware of when they were tagged or had blood samples taken etc.

So the extraordinary evidence would be greatly reduced by extraordinary technology.

Not saying I'm a convinced believer in all this stuff, but there is some degree of internal logic to some of the claims.

Date: July 09, 2019 06:45PM

. . . and William of Ockham rolls over in his grave.

Date: July 09, 2019 06:55PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . . . and William of Ockham rolls over in his
> grave.

Well, you rarely shave with his razor anyway.

I point you to another idea instead - Clarke's Law that any sufficiently high technology would appear like nagic to us. And our level of tech would appear like magic to our Stone Age ancestors. So if an incredibly sophisticated species did want to interact with us at some level, it would be able to do all kinds of things that would appear miraculous to us. In fact, they could even wipe us all out before we were aware of their existence.

Date: July 09, 2019 07:02PM

Sure. If we decide that the foundation of a theory is beyond the reach of logic, then the theory becomes plausible or even logically persuasive. But then we are burning witches again.

Do you burn witches, Jordan? I doubt it, although under the right conditions I suspect you might acquiesce in stronger characters' doing so.

Date: July 09, 2019 07:18PM

Clarke's Law is logical -

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

I would add "to a more primitive culture", but otherwise you haven't found a proper objection to it, a dhlúthchara.

"Do you burn witches, Jordan? I doubt it, although under the right conditions I suspect you might acquiesce in stronger characters' doing so"

Witchtrials and puritans are still around, in fact they are coming back into fashion, albeit in a slightly different form. Instead of grand inquisitors, we will have government fact checkers, and instead of looking for supernumerary nipples, they will find "testiculos habet et bene pendentes'.

Date: July 09, 2019 07:51PM

Clarke's law is not meant as epistemology. He was explaining how he could ask people to suspend judgment and entertain his futuristic stories. In his personal life he lived by Occam's law, which is why he rejected the absurd until evidence of the absurd mounted to the point where it deserved reconsideration.

Misused, as you are doing here, that law transforms the foundation of some science fiction novels into a theory of why objective analysis is impossible. It merely restates the old religious nostrum that the truth is beyond human experience. Once people accept that, they are easily manipulated.

Orwell would have recognized your version of Clarke's law. It is the logic of Big Brother.

Date: July 09, 2019 10:29PM

The law doesn't just apply to fiction it also applies to potential first contact. There are good reasons for humans to be very careful about first contact due to the technological gap.

"In his personal life he lived by Occam's law,"

If you actually knew much about his personal life, you'd understand what a foolish comment that is. Occam's Razor didn't send him to live in Sri Lanka or do series where the paranormal was seriously discussed. And there's more.

Date: July 10, 2019 12:07AM

Let's assume for a moment that your description of Clarke is accurate. That means you are advocating the application of an epistemology that persuades otherwise intelligent people to surrender logic and spend their lives studying the paranormal.

Which is it, Jargon? Do you perceive yourself as a logical man or a spiritualist? Are you perhaps an incarnation of McDonkie, with his advocacy of theosophy and Dah*shism? Because he, along with macaRomney and a few others, shares both your politics and your respect for the spirit world.

Declare yourself. What, if anything, is the guiding principle in your life and how do you reconcile it with your contradictory thoughts as expressed in this thread?

Date: July 10, 2019 05:40AM

"respect for the spirit world"

No idea what you mean by this, but I probably don't have any. I would never take advice off a medium seriously, for several reasons.

"That means you are advocating the application of an epistemology that persuades otherwise intelligent people to surrender logic and spend their lives studying the paranormal."

Well that's trash. Nearly any subject area is a valid object for study. Like all true leftist materialists, you see things purely in binary terms. (Except perhaps gender, but that's an entirely different topic.) The study of the so called paranormal is not just a case of believer vs skeptic, but also the folklorist, the psychologist, the historian and so on, who can look at aspects beyond that dialectic. Even if something is a total hoax, there are aspects of interest. That famous alien autopsy film was such a blatant hoax, but one could still ask who made it, where, why, when and how.

Also the crassness of your statement also reveals your ignorance of scientific history since all major sciences descend partly from what is now considered pseudoscience. Especially astronomy, chemistry and medicine. And as I'm sure you are well aware personally, a lot of sentiment-driven pseudoscience is masquerading as science right now, to help support political agendas.

Date: July 10, 2019 01:26PM

> "respect for the spirit world"
>
> No idea what you mean by this.

I mean you just advocated a principle that led Clarke to go off and study the paranoia. If you don't believe in that principle, don't advocate it. If you do believe it, you are an idiot. In this thread you have both advocated it and tried to distance yourself from it.

-----------------

> Well that's trash. Nearly any subject area is a
> valid object for study. Like all true leftist
> materialists, you see things purely in binary
> terms. (Except perhaps gender, but that's an
> entirely different topic.)

That's pure Jargon: All people in a category are X, except when they are Y.

--------------------
> The study of the so
> called paranormal is not just a case of believer
> vs skeptic, but also the folklorist, the
> psychologist, the historian and so on, who can
> look at aspects beyond that dialectic.

What is "the dialectic" in this sentence beyond more jargon used to conceal your lack of thought?

---------------------
> Also the crassness of your statement also reveals
> your ignorance of scientific history since all
> major sciences descend partly from what is now
> considered pseudoscience. Especially astronomy,
> chemistry and medicine.

Here again you advocate spiritualism in the expectation that it will lead to "science." You need never worry about being called overly consistent; or even consistent at all.

-------------------
> And as I'm sure you are
> well aware personally, a lot of sentiment-driven
> pseudoscience is masquerading as science right
> now, to help support political agendas.

Like you do? You propound the suspension of rationality as in Clarke's third law, then act as if that is the foundation of a new science. That is pseudoscience and you do use it to reinforce your political beliefs, as in your Jesuitical fulminations about China.

------------------
By the way, where's HWint? He seems to have vanished now that the admins told you to stop using your sockpuppets.

I guess HWint has joined LogicalCanuckExMo and CanuckExmo on your bedroom shelf next to the closet inhabited by Trotsky's ghost.

Date: July 10, 2019 08:51AM

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.”

But that’s totally not how humans work. You believed Mormonism, didn’t you?

Extraordinary evidence, when it does exist, is just as easily ignored. Anything conflicting with your worldview is going to hit a brick wall. The BoM is made up? Get thee hence, Satan.

It’s easy to chalk the extraordinary up to delusion, but the ordinary can also be chalked up delusion since our realities are all internally constructed. Exmos are ahead of the curve in peeling the onion, but there’s still an onion.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: July 09, 2019 08:58AM

I agree with good ElderoldDog above and his rationale I was listening to an astrophysicist recently discuss "deep space", the Hubble, the astronomical distances, the sheer number of "stars" and galaxies, etc. The odds make the story improbable. Occam's razor would lean toward "attention whore" like Dave the Atheist said.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: July 09, 2019 09:02AM

Yes I think this maybe true. Because something similar happened to one of my relatives. Except he didn't get beamed up into a spaceship. The UFO's spotted him while he was taking a piss. And shown a light on him from the sky. It was freaky!

But for whatever reason (perverts, curiosity) the space beings are interested in our private parts.

Date: July 09, 2019 09:31AM

"Lieutenant Graves still cannot explain what he saw. In the summer of 2014, he and Lt. Danny Accoin, another Super Hornet pilot, were part of a squadron, the VFA-11 “Red Rippers” out of Naval Air Station Oceana, Va., that was training for a deployment to the Persian Gulf.

Lieutenants Graves and Accoin spoke on the record to The Times about the objects. Three other pilots in the squadron also spoke to The Times about the objects but declined to be named.

Lieutenants Graves and Accoin, along with former American intelligence officials, appear in a six-part History Channel series, “Unidentified: Inside America’s U.F.O. Investigation,” to air beginning Friday. The Times conducted separate interviews with key participants.

The pilots began noticing the objects after their 1980s-era radar was upgraded to a more advanced system. As one fighter jet after another got the new radar, pilots began picking up the objects, but ignoring what they thought were false radar tracks.

“People have seen strange stuff in military aircraft for decades,” Lieutenant Graves said. “We’re doing this very complex mission, to go from 30,000 feet, diving down. It would be a pretty big deal to have something up there.”

But he said the objects persisted, showing up at 30,000 feet, 20,000 feet, even sea level. They could accelerate, slow down and then hit hypersonic speeds.

Lieutenant Accoin said he interacted twice with the objects. The first time, after picking up the object on his radar, he set his plane to merge with it, flying 1,000 feet below it. He said he should have been able to see it with his helmet camera, but could not, even though his radar told him it was there.

A few days later, Lieutenant Accoin said a training missile on his jet locked on the object and his infrared camera picked it up as well. “I knew I had it, I knew it was not a false hit,” he said. But still, “I could not pick it up visually.”

At this point the pilots said they speculated that the objects were part of some classified and extremely advanced drone program.

But then pilots began seeing the objects. In late 2014, Lieutenant Graves said he was back at base in Virginia Beach when he encountered a squadron mate just back from a mission “with a look of shock on his face.”

He said he was stunned to hear the pilot’s words. “I almost hit one of those things,” the pilot told Lieutenant Graves.

The pilot and his wingman were flying in tandem about 100 feet apart over the Atlantic east of Virginia Beach when something flew between them, right past the cockpit. It looked to the pilot, Lieutenant Graves said, like a sphere encasing a cube.

The incident so spooked the squadron that an aviation flight safety report was filed, Lieutenant Graves said.

The near miss, he and other pilots interviewed said, angered the squadron, and convinced them that the objects were not part of a classified drone program. Government officials would know fighter pilots were training in the area, they reasoned, and would not send drones to get in the way.

“It turned from a potentially classified drone program to a safety issue,” Lieutenant Graves said. “It was going to be a matter of time before someone had a midair” collision.

What was strange, the pilots said, was that the video showed objects accelerating to hypersonic speed, making sudden stops and instantaneous turns — something beyond the physical limits of a human crew.

“Speed doesn’t kill you,” Lieutenant Graves said. “Stopping does. Or acceleration.”

Asked what they thought the objects were, the pilots refused to speculate.

“We have helicopters that can hover,” Lieutenant Graves said. “We have aircraft that can fly at 30,000 feet and right at the surface.” But “combine all that in one vehicle of some type with no jet engine, no exhaust plume.”

Lieutenant Accoin said only that “we’re here to do a job, with excellence, not make up myths.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/26/us/politics/ufo-sightings-navy-pilots.html

"Pilots are about to receive a new memo from management: If you encounter an unidentified flying object while on the job, please tell us.

The U.S. Navy is drafting new rules for reporting such sightings, according to a recent story from Politico. Apparently, enough incidents have occurred in “various military-controlled ranges and designated airspace” in recent years to prompt military officials to establish a formal system to collect and analyze the unexplained phenomena. Members of Congress and their staffs have even started asking about the claims, and Navy officials and pilots have responded with formal briefings.

The Washington Post provided more details in its own story:

In some cases, pilots—many of whom are engineers and academy graduates—claimed to observe small spherical objects flying in formation. Others say they’ve seen white, Tic Tac–shaped vehicles. Aside from drones, all engines rely on burning fuel to generate power, but these vehicles all had no air intake, no wind and no exhaust. ...

From 2007 to 2012, the Department of Defense operated a top-secret, $22 million program dedicated to investigating UFO reports, known as the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program. The New York Times revealed its existence in a jaw-dropping story in 2017. “The program produced documents that describe sightings of aircraft that seemed to move at very high velocities with no visible signs of propulsion, or that hovered with no apparent means of lift,” the Times reported.

Although the funding eventually ran out, officials say Defense officers continue to investigate claims reported by service members."

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/04/us-military-wants-pilots-report-ufos-despite-stigma/588232/

Posted by: tenaciousdeb ( )
Date: July 09, 2019 12:46PM

I believe it happened and that is just one of many. I have my own I am not an attention whore I am quit an introvert and very careful with who and where I share my encounters with for reasons of responses here . I am sensitive and don’t want to be shamed or gaslighted

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 09, 2019 02:06PM

I remember that story and I find the whole thing implausable.

Date: July 09, 2019 04:07PM

I'd be less skeptical if somebody would take a selfie, steal a wrench, have an MRI to show the presence of the devices that were implanted. If the only evidence for something exists only in somebody's mind, then it is reasonable to assume that it was a creation of that mind. After all, we have all experienced our own minds making up experiences that haven't actually happened. We know that happens.

Date: July 09, 2019 04:51PM

It's this way with so many at issue experiences:

"I saw a ghost."

"Cool, can I see it, too?"

"Uh, no..."

"Hey, I saw BigFoot!"

"Where?! I wanna see him!"

"Hmmm... He's gone now..."

"I was abducted by space aliens! They did things to me!!"

"Where can I see them!? Show me what they did to you!"

"Well, they're gone and you'll have to take my word for it."

For me, the interesting ones are the stories involving people one naturally assumes would be truth-tellers, such as the individuals mentioned in the story Amyjo posted. Pilots...

The part of the story where the new radar system tracks things the old system never noticed as the loophole of "maybe the new system has glitches in it."

But the visual sightings... Kind of hard to flat out call them liars or attention whores. Two of the Navy fliers went on the record, but four others declined to speak on the record. Probably because among a certain kind of flier, getting a reputation for seeing 'flying saucers' can harm a career.

Maybe soon having seen flying saucers won't have the stigma that it's had in the past, in certain quarters.

If those Navy fliers didn't see evidence of space aliens, then what they saw was of terrestrial origin, which translates into a secret project just got outed and heads are gonna roll.

I don't see anything wrong with skepticism. I'm not worried about being the last one to jump on a bandwagon. My ego is secure.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: July 09, 2019 07:37PM

Sorry, Pollythinks.

Did you really expect people to not give "silly-stuff answers" to this subject?

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 09, 2019 07:39PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bellero_Shield

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bellero_Shield#Legacy

Skeptics have pointed to this episode to explain the grey aliens in the 1961 Betty and Barney Hill abduction. In his 1990 article Entirely Unpredisposed, Martin Kottmeyer suggested that Barney's memories revealed under hypnosis might have been influenced by the episode, which was broadcast twelve days before Barney's first hypnotic session. Between the alleged 1961 abduction and the airing of the episode in 1964, Betty Hill's writings had described the aliens as short black-haired men with large "Jimmy Durante" noses.[3] The episode featured an extraterrestrial with large eyes who says, "In all the universes, in all the unities beyond the universes, all who have eyes have eyes that speak." The report from the regression featured a scenario that was in some respects similar to the television show. In part, Kottmeyer wrote:[4]

"Wraparound eyes are an extreme rarity in science fiction films. I know of only one instance. They appeared on the alien of an episode of an old TV series The Outer Limits entitled "The Bellero Shield". A person familiar with Barney's sketch in "The Interrupted Journey" and the sketch done in collaboration with the artist David Baker will find a "frisson" of "déjà vu" creeping up his spine when seeing this episode. The resemblance is much abetted by an absence of ears, hair, and nose on both aliens. Could it be by chance? Consider this: Barney first described and drew the wraparound eyes during the hypnosis session dated 22 February 1964. "The Bellero Shield" was first broadcast on "10 February 1964. Only twelve days separate the two instances. If the identification is admitted, the commonness of wraparound eyes in the abduction literature falls to cultural forces."
When a different researcher asked Betty about The Outer Limits, she insisted she had "never heard of it".[5]

Date: July 09, 2019 10:31PM

By coincidence I watched that episode eithin the last few months and the aliens in it look nothing like Greys.

Date: July 09, 2019 10:20PM

UFOs are not aliens, they are UFOs. There are things that can accelerate from zero to moving to the horizon in a second - reflections inside the aircraft canopy.

Notice that it is usually military aircraft that are involved in these reports. Windows in commercial jetliners are flat or close to flat. Canopies on jet fighters are sharply curved plexiglass that is going to cause very strange funhouse mirror type reflections. On top of that, commercial jets maneuver quite conservatively. I believe a standard rate turn is three degrees per second. That would be two minutes to do a full 360 degree turn. Jet fighters can do turns and rolls so fast that a pressure suit is needed to keep the pilot from passing out from the g forces. I would think it entirely possible that under just the right conditions, there could be a reflection moving erratically across the canopy that looks like an object outside the jet moving and changing direction at spectacular speeds.

And if so much was being reported in this Air Force study, why did it stop in 2012? Seriously, write your congress critters and ask them for an explanation and/or ask them to hold hearings. I'm curious as to why it stopped.

Remember crop circles? Aliens seemed to be quite fond of them for a while, but have apparently gotten bored with them. They were definitely fabrications, not delusions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2019 10:21PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Date: July 09, 2019 10:33PM

They are sighted regularly by civilian airliners, are spotted by multiple aircraft (or from more than one window) and by ground radae occasionally. Whatever they are seeing doesn't fit that easily into the reflection category.

Date: July 09, 2019 10:38PM

Airline pilot sightings are the hardest to dispute because they are highly trained and well respected professionals who have nothing to gain by telling fables of seeing UFO's that don't exist.

They report what they see, mostly to air defense systems and the military. For security reasons if for no other reason.

If it trickles out to the public that is when it becomes sensationalized by the press. But the sightings themselves are fairly straight forward, factual and recorded events.

See above, New York Times article, The Atlantic, and new series being made for the History Channel of recent events such as the one/s that the Navy airline pilots were able to document.

Date: July 10, 2019 01:45AM

The History Channel sold its soul years ago. The Atlantic and NYT still care about their reputation enough to have editors who make sure stories have some connection to reality.

And if this happens so much, why was the study terminated in 2012? Did the aliens demand it because we were getting too close? Why don't astronauts on the space station report seeing aliens? Seems like it would be a lot more convenient for aliens to contact them. We have many hundreds of satellites in orbit. Why don't aliens ever snatch one of them out of the sky?

And why did crop circles stop being a thing?

Aliens and before them demons are the adult equivalent of childhood fantasies about monsters under the bed. IMHO.

I'm quite confident there is life on other planets. I'm pretty confident there is even intelligent life. Do they show up on earth to do sky-donuts with their flying saucers and abduct people at night to inspect their genitals? I'm going to need serious evidence before I swallow that.

Date: July 10, 2019 02:00AM

It's probably teenage Aliens, in their parents' space cars.

Date: July 10, 2019 05:23AM

"And why did crop circles stop being a thing?"

Two reasons - the MSM got bored of them (as it did with acid rain and international chess tournaments) and they became much easier to make thanks to GPS and other tech. Thirty years ago, making sophisticated crop circles was hard

There are actually some beautiful crop circles still being made, although it is probably just a waste of crops from the farmers' POV

Date: July 10, 2019 10:58AM

A client of mine has been a piolot 40 years . In that time he said he saw around 200 UFOs and things he could not explain in the sky, glimpses of other dimensions

Posted by: Alan XL ( )
Date: July 09, 2019 10:44PM

As an Aussie kid I used to always wonder why aliens would travel zillions of miles but always generally end up in the States.

I guess they're looking for Zion!

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: July 10, 2019 12:38AM

If it may have happened, perhaps Joseph Smith did see HF and Jesus - just a couple more space travelers.

Date: July 10, 2019 10:59AM

That’s what I think

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: July 10, 2019 11:17AM

Betty and Barney hill incident occurred in 1961. Movie was made in 1975

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.