Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 11, 2019 07:13PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/07/11/mlb-trackman-system-makes-history-calls-balls-and-strikes-pro-game/1702431001/

Science leading us to perfection. Yay?

What can the mormon church learn from this?

Another aside... Do any of you allow your auto insurance company to monitor your driving in hopes of paying less? And how many of you would have your insurance double if they had any idea how you drive?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: July 11, 2019 08:15PM

I was offered this when I switched companies. The more I thought about it, the less I wanted "big brother" monitoring me. I know that someday in the future, it will probably be mandatory. Until then, I'm hanging onto the last bit of privacy.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 11, 2019 10:05PM

ziller for one bows before our new radar overlords ~

thx ~

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: July 11, 2019 11:38PM

"Another aside... Do any of you allow your auto insurance company to monitor your driving in hopes of paying less? And how many of you would have your insurance double if they had any idea how you drive?"

NO! Don't do it. I know many people in the industry. It's a way to raise your rates, no matter how you drive. They track your car, 24/7. Looking for "risky behavior" to raise your rates. Stop 2-3 evenings a week at a bar for a few beers? They know. Having an affair with someone every Wednesday at a hotel? That's risky behavior. Drive through bad areas for work? Your car is more likely to get jacked. Go out at 1 am to a bar to pick up a friend that shouldn't drive? They know that you went to a bar at 1 am. It's not an effort to reward good drivers, it's an effort to track your behavior and charge you more. Unless you're a nun or an honest boy scout, you'd be nuts to let an insurance company monitor you. Just say no.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2019 11:40PM by stillanon.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 11, 2019 11:59PM

I concur

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.