Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: OccasionalLurker ( )
Date: August 04, 2019 12:35PM

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/04/boy-scout-abuse-colorado-lawsuit/

TSCC stopped supporting the Boy Scouts how long ago? Think they were trying to get out before the news broke?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AlmostGone1 ( )
Date: August 04, 2019 02:55PM

They stopped supporting BSA next Jan. 1-Jan-2020.

Therefore they are still in it.

Rumor mill has it that the BSA will declare bankruptcy to avoid the law suits. Who really knows...

Date: August 05, 2019 10:13PM

Ah, I stand corrected.

That kind of an out would be both cowardly and completely predictable.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: August 04, 2019 03:27PM

When one of my sons turned 12, the bishop informed me that he was inspired to call me to be a scoutmaster over the 12-14 year old boys. I balked, I hesitated, I did everything I could to avoid this horrible task but in the end I bowed my head and mumbled, "yes". I caved because, well, that is what faithful mormons did when asked to fulfill a church calling. When my son turned 14 and advanced into the next level, I asked to be released. The bishop had suddenly lost his hearing and couldn't hear me. I ended up releasing myself and stopped going.

But what I fear the most of all of this is the fact that any one of these kids I was a scoutmaster over could claim "abuse" and there isn't a dang thing I could do about it. I wasn't an abuser, but even typing that sounds hollow like I am already trying to prove innocence. I always had another adult present whenever I was with any of these kids, that was standard procedure, but still.

I think that the BSA will eventually fold, they needed the mormon monies to fund their entity. This lawsuit might just be the nudge that pushes them over the edge.

Date: August 05, 2019 10:23PM

Glad you got yourself out of it as quickly as you could. You should be fine in the long run!

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 01:45PM

LDS leadership tried to get me to say yes to the young men's program. I showed them complete dis-interest and that was enough for them to be inspired about others to take on the job.

I took a job in elder's quorum for a short time. It was lame and and eventually released. I didn't give a hoot if we saw inactive families and bringing them back. I wanted out of it myself.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 08, 2019 01:58PM

LDS claimed Eagle Scout was noteworthy, exemplary, practically necessary.

Now LDS is more like Buzzards.

Tail between their legs.

No spine. No backbone.

ChickenshiFts!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.