Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: that is funky ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 07:29AM

How often did you notice that people inside the church were sabotaging for each other so that some would turn up at the top?

I think about Job and his comforters.

It was really great for the comforters to put salt in open wounds of Job.

I can not help thinking that much of the unease and abuse inside The Church and other churches is calculated to put some people at the top so that they can "comfort" other people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 07:50AM

One of the few church "Doctrines" that seems to never change.

If something bad happens to you it's a "test from Ģod"

If something bad happens to someone else it's "because they were sinning and need to repent"

Posted by: that is funky ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 02:47PM

Ever experienced people who act like they are comforters but - like out of the blue - the only thing they are doing is to put focus on different "problems" they think have identified?

They start to talk about problems and offer help but their comfort is only depressing.

The comfort is a wet blanket to manipulate people to start thinking negatively.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 01:42PM

that is funky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ever experienced people who act like they are
> comforters but - like out of the blue - the only
> thing they are doing is to put focus on different
> "problems" they think have identified?
>
> They start to talk about problems and offer help
> but their comfort is only depressing.
>
> The comfort is a wet blanket to manipulate people
> to start thinking negatively.
=====================================
Of course -- because it's not about "comfort."

Comfort has in focus the sufferer, and the relief of suffering.

What is described is busy-bodied-ness.
The focus here is (selfishly) on the busy-body who is a voyeur of suffering, so the busy-body can feel superior and good about the self. It's a voyeuristic form of schadenfreude - joy from the suffering of another.

Planting yet more suffering adds to the joy.

Posted by: idleswell ( )
Date: August 07, 2019 10:37AM

The Church has a number of people who feel "called" to police the Church. Anyone they feel is "sinning" must be brought before the Church for "their own good" because without discipline they will never repent. If their sins are grave enough, repentance would be impossible without Church discipline. Sinners should say, "Thank-you." - not be dismayed about people meddling in others' affairs.

When I was a clerk a bishop wouldn't do anything with these complaints about personal sins. First, he said that whatever help he might offer won't be received unless someone confesses voluntarily. Second, the "sin patrol" won't determine who gains God's grace. Third, if these sinners aren't learning how they would have to live in the celestial kingdom, they will leave voluntarily because they won't like the spirit there.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 09, 2019 12:22AM

idleswell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... (Since) [Mormons] aren't learning how they would have to live in the celestial kingdom [(because) LDS (mis)'leaders' don't know and don't teach or model it], they will leave voluntarily because they won't like the spirit there.

That's what I did as a teenager. I wasn't earlier but I had to grow a foot or two.

I've NEVER liked the LDSpirit
Mormonism has no spirit
No sainthood whatever

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: August 08, 2019 03:56AM

Like everyone else, I have had some bad things happen to me, because, such is life, right?

No matter what happened--health issues, being raped, being robbed, being abandoned by my husband, losing my parents and other loved ones, worrying about supporting my children, having my children be injured--whatever it was--the Mormons always made everything WORSE!

Whatever happened, the Mormons would use it to "teach a lesson." I should pay more tithing, I should read the BOM again, I should accept more callings, I should heed the counsel of the priesthood leaders, I should find another Mormon husband, I should quit my career and stay home as a full-time mother and go on welfare, bla-bla. I ended up feeling guilt-ridden, and confused by their very bad advice.

In one instant, one Saturday morning while talking to my children, I realized, "I should leave the Mormon church." That was the best advice ever. Honestly, resigning got rid of all but a few (unavoidable) problems, including our low self-esteem, my Sunday depression and my children arguing with me about having to be members of a cult they hated.

Gone!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 09, 2019 12:10AM

TSCC sets out to SABOTAGE the individual - and often succeeds - through JOBS/ "callings"/ work/ MONEY, expectations, demands, promises, vilification, calling-out, embarrassment, guilt, worry, doubt, fear, lies, etc...

God is MAD Joe set it up this way
And is coming to clear the table

Mormonism throws member-individuals under the bus. It's church appointed apostasy

TSCC is in apostasy and wants members [going down] with it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.