Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jacko Mo Mo ( )
Date: August 08, 2019 10:04PM

I drove from my work to a nearby ward to watch on video. After it was over I felt sad realizing how little real power the church had, just as pathetic as everybody else, no real solution. The words and even the beautiful music were of no help. It made me realize, if we ever enter into a major world war again, possibly nuclear war, then religious people, atheists, etc., will all be in the same boat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 08, 2019 11:33PM

Nuclear war....yeah, in the same boat....we'll all be dead.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: August 08, 2019 11:40PM

about 9/11 because they may think you're talking about the Mountain Meadows Massacre (culmination on 9/11/1857).

But, yeah, funny how the "prophets" and "apostles" who have the "keys" to prophesy and be seers and revelators for the modern world NEVER manage to prophesy, see or reveal anything of substance. They can't offer any insights or wisdom concerning major events that reshape the world and perspectives of billions of people. But they can tell you that god prefers that you wear white shirts or tell you that after 200 years, god is fed up with hearing people use the name "Mormon" as a nickname for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and wants to rename the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Really quite pathetic when you think about it. That's why they don't want you to think about it.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: August 08, 2019 11:46PM

the Mormon prophets, seers and revelators are getting all of their information from Newsweek, Associated Press, New York Times, CNN, ABC, CBS, UPI, etc....

Just like everybody else.

You'd think that men who call themselves prophets, seers and revelators may have something extra to bring to the table. Nope. Just platitudes. "Our hearts go out to blah, blah, blah." "We join in prayer for blah, blah, blah" "We send words of comfort and sympathy to blah, blah, blah."

Dear Mormons, you're not getting any value added from your leaders. You could spend your tithing dollars better elsewhere.

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: August 09, 2019 09:18AM

The Morg Inc. Seers are no better than the psychic on the street corner... you get a lot of useless information for your hard earned dollar...

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: August 09, 2019 10:03AM

There is something substantial that will happen in the world in the next five years...just speculating, e.g. some natural disaster. Wouldn't it be nice for the profits, sneezers, and revilers - (there's a bunch of them - like 15) to give a heads up to those people wherever they are. These guys travel the world, and I know that they will visit a place (on their "stipend") where they could say in the special meetings to the "saints" - "hey by the way, I am getting a revelation here that y'all need to be gone during this week" (wink wink). Never happens.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.