Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: laura ( )
Date: August 12, 2019 02:06PM

Exmo here (since 1989) and a Cleveland Browns fan. Watched one of thier new rookie linebackers (he played for BYU and was temple married) during practices and preseason game and he was mic'd up at times or a fellow player was mic'd up and you could still hear him in the heat of the game dropping F-bombs. The team bleeped it out on film. Kid is a good player and will probably make the 53. Doesn't offend me, but does LDS look the other way for pro athletes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: laura ( )
Date: August 12, 2019 02:06PM

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: August 12, 2019 02:52PM

Seems your standard for LDS members is higher than for ordinary people.

I would never be able to meet that standard.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 12, 2019 03:09PM

> Doesn't offend me, but
> does LDS look the other
> way for pro athletes?

If you had a customer whose everyday language was very offensive, but every time he came into your store, he single-handedly doubled that day's profits, how tolerant might you be?

I'm pretty sure that los mormones who take a cussing maniac's full tithe have no problem with whatever the maniac uses in the way of verbal epithets. He could call Rusty a silly M-F'er and Wendy a dumb-a$$ B and his bishop would just laugh at what a character the full tithe payer is.

At least that's how I'd run the mormon church if it was mine...

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: August 12, 2019 03:19PM

Fudge!!!

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: August 12, 2019 03:19PM

You would be amazed at the language that comes out of the mouths of the football players at BYU.

I used to work in the athletic department of a university that regularly plays BYU in football. Two times I have been working on the sidelines when playing BYU and have been a first hand witness to the filth that comes out of many of the BYU football players. They could make a sailor blush.

Another funny BYU football hypocrisy story: Fast forward 15 years later and I am working as a pilot for a major U.S. airline. During the 2010 season we got the contract to fly the BYU football charters and I got assigned the trip to fly BYU to Tallahassee, FL for their game against Florida State. Multiple times during our trip out and our trip back the cabin crew reported to us that the players and coaches were constantly asking for alcohol. They were a bit confused because BYU specifically requested a catering set-up with no alcohol. Our senior flight attendant at one point said "if they wanted alcohol so bad, why did they request no alcohol on the flight?!"

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 12, 2019 04:25PM

You know, it's a story like this one that creates in my mind the notion that I ought to give more credence to the existence of a Supreme Being; but a Supreme Being with no moral foundation, who exists only, or at least primarily, to goose the pucker-butts who demand rigid casualty.

In other words, me.

And who else would each of us pick, if not ourselves? Why on earth would you trust the judgment of a person who did not nominate himself as Lord & Savior?

(careful! These are trick questions and will count for 1/7th of your final grade!)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 12, 2019 08:51PM

I was playing frisbee football with some morons once.

I didn't catch the "ball" and said shit (instead of SHIfT)!

They all looked my way (as the wrong way) and gasped. No one said anything [and I remember thinking 'wimps']. Cussing is from the devil... to me.

Wow, the devil got me a present. I'm so honored! I think I won't open it. It might explode! Horrible

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.