Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 11:53AM

My Mormon radar when off because location, her maiden name and the amount of kids she has. Let's give her a break, she forget her baby because it is 112 and she is also wearing Masonic long johns. I checked her social media and so far she is a mo and so is her family

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 12:08PM

The HG was protecting her baby from heat suffocation, she was probably preoccupied with all the Moron activities which keeps her mind off the family.... I live in Phoenix and anyone regardless of who they are should have the kids taken away period if they are stupid enough to leave a baby in a car during the summer here. Shame on her!

Date: August 15, 2019 12:18PM

Just read the news report... 4pm... the hottest part of the day... how on earth do you forget your infant? Especially with 3 kids in tow... she is lucky her baby survived... can take about 60 minutes for heat stroke. There is an ap on phones that alerts you when your baby is in the car the second you turn it off. She needs it!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 12:34PM

That's exactly how you forget your infant--overstressed mom with three kids in tow.

Could happen to anyone: Catholic, atheist, Pastafarian. But Mo's are still brainwashed to have a ton of kids asap. Not even the Catholics push it so hard anymore.

Posted by: Scmdnotloggedin ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 04:40PM

I agree that it could happen to a person of any religion, but don’t agree that it could happen to anyone. A responsible person doesn’t leave a baby in a hot car, period.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 12:31PM

in b 4 ~ ¿ WTF is it with these weakling babies these days ? ~

¿ why are these babies so fragile that they can't stand plus 100° (american) temperatures for a few minutes while they moms rush into Walmart to grab some diapers and juice boxes and fill her Vicodin perscription ? ~

great-grandpa ziller used to lock his whole family in the hot car for hours an they turned out just fine ~

just LOL @ these weak-assed snowflake babies ~

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 01:49PM

Bwahahahaha.......lol..OMG this is funny.

Date: August 15, 2019 01:55PM

I babysat my four grandbabies last week, while the parents stayed out until 2am. About 8 hours I guess. I had forgotten how stressful it is to be in charge of kids. I love 'em, but it's energy evoking. We all forget things...moments where we lapse in memory. I say watch her for the next year, with regular home visits (weekly at first) by the DFS - and let her go. No charges.

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 03:37PM

Parents aren't giving babies enough paregoric these days.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: August 16, 2019 08:46PM

Don't forget the cod liver oil ...

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 12:45PM

I hate to say that I don't think I would ever forget my kid in the car because the minute I say that . . .

It makes me sick. The twins in NY was a big one since I have twins. I might forget them at this age of 62. I'm so forgetful these days. When I had them, I was so overwhelmed with them that I never forgot them for a minute. It was difficult on me as I never rested even at night. I also didn't have any more kids, but the 2. No kids different ages.

I've got to look up the story.

My boyfriend used to live in Chandler for a long time. He is so not mormon. I didn't know that Chandler was a mormon community--but I guess Mesa is a big one and his parents lived in Mesa.

Doesn't sound mormon to me. She was buying coffee, but of course, she could be mormon.

Sounds like she forgets her kids all the time. Also sounds like she left him there on purpose as she had the windows cracked. She was arrested.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2019 12:49PM by cl2.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 01:13PM

I came home from grocery shopping couple weeks back and had a bagful of stuff that I left in the trunk. I park in a garage so it was only in the 80's, but I left a 1/2 gallone of ice cream and a container of "I Can't Believe....etc"

Is that the same as leaving kids?

And yes, I used them both.

Date: August 15, 2019 01:20PM

My therapist just says it is stress. I burned everything I tried to cook in July. I about burned the house down (not quite). I'm starting to think they should unplug my range.

I'm always afraid I'll leave something in the car, too. Oh, I had diet coke bottles leak all over my front seat in my car from them getting too hot this summer.

Date: August 15, 2019 01:22PM

There are 2 moms who left their babies in cars in Chandler? I'll to look up the prior article I read. I just found another article about another mother.

The first article I read was from 2014. Sorry!

This picture of the current mother definitely looks mormon.

Okay, she had other kids with her and the other kids didn't say anything about the baby in car? Myself, I was a second mother to my siblings and I would have gotten the baby out myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2019 01:26PM by cl2.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 12:55PM

Some women are natural moms, some are pressured into it. I wonder which one this is.

Date: August 15, 2019 01:56PM

Some women forget things occasionally, and some do not. Which are you?

Posted by: Scmdnotloggedin ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 04:47PM

Ted Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some women forget things occasionally, and some do
> not. Which are you?

It should not happen, though she likely did not do it on purpose.

By the way, Yed, it isn’t just women who forget either “things” or babies.

Posted by: Yed ( )
Date: August 16, 2019 09:59AM

So, SCMD, you seem a little ruffled here..couldn't even log on to get this out you..wow...lol. Funny guy.

Are you really an MD? If so, why do you feel the need to brag about it in your moniker? My son is an MD, but he doesn't feel the need to advertise or brag about it like you do. Do you have a low self esteem?

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: August 16, 2019 11:22PM

I wasn't ruffled, and I apologize if I gave that impression.

I'm just the sort of person who likes to brag about having earned a medical doctorate. Whether or not I actually earned one is immaterial -- to me, anyway.

I didn't log in because I don't memorize passwords except to email and work-related accounts, and I posted from work, which I occasionally do.

I see that you noticed my exemplary typing skills.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 17, 2019 03:26PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2019 03:28PM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: August 18, 2019 12:07AM

Missed it. Damn.

Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 02:06PM

I don’t think I’d forget a baby, but then I only had one. Mormon women are overloaded with kids and too many things to do. It wouldn’t surprise me if this sort of thing happened all the time.

I’m quite forgetful. I will burn food, forget where I’m going, why did I come into the kitchen, oh and I didn’t buy cat biscuits which was the whole point of going to the grocery store but I remembered the Diet Coke. It’s because I have too much on my mind...I think. But forgetting a baby? Isn’t it just as likely she decided it would be ok/let’s risk it as I’m overwhelmed with three other kids, to leave said baby in the car? That’s bad, but I’d say more likely than forgetting you have a fourth child.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 02:19PM

The holy ghost was drunk on the job as usual. Good for nothing reminder of absolutely nothing.

God's messenger didn't even prompt her because we all know why.

Sucks, to have that on her record. Child abuse.

I say it will be reduced during any plea deal bc it's not going to trial. Fees, fines, and likely no jail.

Date: August 15, 2019 02:55PM

I forget stuff all the time... but I also have aha moments with the important stuff... usually takes a few minutes before I am retracing my foot steps and turning off the stove off... etc...

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 03:30PM

One hot summer day, I got home from grocery shopping and unbeknownst to me, a 2 pound package of ground beef had slid out of a grocery sack and went under a car seat. Next day, I went in the garage, and hoo whee! I found out then!
I may have forgotten that I bought ground beef, but I never spaced it out about my children in the car.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 05:53PM

I have absolutely 0 0 0 sympathy for anyone leaving a child in a car in this heat. In my not so humble opinion that is an attempted homocide!!!

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: August 16, 2019 04:14AM

I agree with you. I live in a hot summer state and I do not see how one could possibly forget their child. I have traveled with pets and never forgot them in the car. Moms and dads need to hang up their phones and pay attention when they drive. Maybe they would also pay attention to their kids

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 15, 2019 06:33PM

This started when the recommendation was made to put infants and small children in the back seat. I think car companies could solve this through technology -- perhaps a special setting that could sense weight in the back seat and set off an alarm if the weight isn't lifted after a minute or two of the engine being shut off. We sent men to the moon -- we can solve this problem.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: August 16, 2019 10:30AM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This started when the recommendation was made to
> put infants and small children in the back seat. I
> think car companies could solve this through
> technology -- perhaps a special setting that could
> sense weight in the back seat and set off an alarm
> if the weight isn't lifted after a minute or two
> of the engine being shut off. We sent men to the
> moon -- we can solve this problem.
==========================================
Excellent thinking-out-of-the-box idea. Like the way you think!

Problem might be lawyers (apologies to any reading) if there are system malfunctions

Case in point:
Pilots are too-often landing with the wheels up so Piper Aircraft created a fail-safe backup system to drop the gear automatically when the landing speed dipped below a certain point typical of touchdown (in case the pilot forgot)

They were sued when:
- pilot failed to lower the gear and the backup system malfunctioned so airplane landed gear up; or,
- gear dropped when it wasn't supposed to (trying to climb over a ridge, low airspeed, gear drops, drag pulls them into the trees)

In the end, Piper directed that the system be disabled on all aircraft. Now we just have gear-up landings.

Trying to "do good" often results in incurring unacceptable liability. Wish there was a solution to this dilemma. But it doesn't stop that being a great and life-saving idea.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 16, 2019 08:31AM

Utah woman have so many children that they can't keep track of them ? I remember a child being left at a Tremonton truck stop.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 16, 2019 08:58PM

Yeah, but that probably wasn't by accident!

ETA: this was a basic plotline in "Still Life with Woodpecker."

Oh Oh Spaghetti-O!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2019 09:00PM by elderolddog.

Posted by: momjeans ( )
Date: August 16, 2019 07:46PM

Harried Woman Syndrome

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: August 17, 2019 02:03PM

“There was a little old woman who lived in a shoe, had too many children, she didn’t know what to do”

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: August 17, 2019 02:14PM

How come we never heard about this in the “ old days”? Even regular people had more kids back then. It seems to be an epidemic now adays.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 17, 2019 06:19PM

Babies and young children sat up front with mom in the old days. Within my lifetime, the recommendation was made to put infants and young children in the back seat.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: August 19, 2019 12:24AM

...or you would see the cringe-inducing site of a woman driving around with a baby over her shoulder.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.