Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: August 18, 2019 01:08AM

just a few days after the announcement of the class action lawsuit against the church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 18, 2019 08:36AM

Can you tell us anything about the revelation about sexual interrogations? Need some context.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: August 18, 2019 02:03PM

I am referring to the new policy implementing training for bishops doing "worthiness" interviews with children. Per Mormon theology, everything that originates from the Church Office Building must be accepted as direct revelation from God. I doubt that the church will ever again claim direct revelation officially, after the POX debacle- but the rank and file are required to believe in revelation as a founding tenet of the belief system. The COB will never say it is a revelation. The peons will never allow it to be anything less.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: August 18, 2019 02:17PM

"Training"? What's that, exactly.

I assume that the Mormons have NOT STOPPED having these "worthiness interviews" with kids, altogether?

I call BS on "training."

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 18, 2019 02:54PM

I concur

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: August 18, 2019 02:29PM

What class action lawsuit against the church are you referring to? Do you know what a class action lawsuit actually is?

Class action lawsuits have to be certified as such by a court. When a court certifies a lawsuit as a class action it means everyone who ever had a similar claim must be barred from bringing their own separate lawsuit. Why would anyone want a class action lawsuit against the church that controls whether anyone else can sue?

It's a common misunderstanding that when there are many plaintiffs in a lawsuit its a "class action." It's not, its a regular lawsuit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.