Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nate10e ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 05:36AM

Well, hate to say it, but I've had at least three throw away accounts on this website before. I hope this is the last time I introduce myself and I'm going to go with a common nickname of mine to enforce that. Just to introduce myself one last time, I lost faith at 15, told my TBM parents at 17, endured over a year in hell because of it. Joined the marine corps at 18 to pay for college and prove to my parents that I was better than they thought I was (huge mistake btw) and am currently 20 and in the middle of my contract. I have an obsession with astrophysics and hope to someday get my own PhD in the subject, currently have a good relationship with family since religion isn't a topic of discussion anymore. And I guess I'm just here to recover from mormonism, just like all of us, even if I got out early. I might also highlight other issues in my life, especially considering my current profession, but I just need a good outlet and community in my life yet again so I decided this was the place to come to. Lots of love to all you veterans who have helped me before, and I look forward to meeting lots of new people. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2019 05:38AM by nate10e.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 07:39AM

Welcome back! You've come to the right palce.

Tom in Paris

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 10:10AM

I always read the stories of the teens who come here looking for some support so I probably read your story under one of your other names. Love to hear more of your story again and glad you are back.

I'm impressed that you took charge of your life at such a young age. As the Stones would sing, "Ti-i-i-ime . . is on your side, yes it is." Reading the stories of someone like you always gives me a buzz.

It's a good day to be an exMormon!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 10:10AM

I hope that we can meet your expectations. And I hope you have sufficient capacity for 'silly' so as to get the most out of this experience.

...and don't forget to tip the waitress!

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 04:24PM

My parents left the church when I was 16... Lived in the middle of nowhere from 8-16 yrs in Ill. with the closest church 40 miles away, so we were actually one of the few families that managed to have a toe in and weren't bothered by Mishies or teachers or callings or any of that stuff. When we moved to Minnesota and had the Mormons love bombing and swarming us my parents decided enough was enough... Use this sight to understand the bizarre behavior of my TBM family on both sides... it helps tremendously... also understanding the stuff that just kind of got buried and unearthed makes me realize I was one of the lucky ones.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 04:46PM

The military is a miracle of organization. It has to be to avoid devolving into one big frat party. Try to learn something about procedures so you can transplant into corporate life later.

I didn’t like the military either. Maybe I was too much like Ant Z. I think people should start their careers in the suckiest job possible to establish a baseline for the rest of their lives. You made a good choice. Every job after this will be “not so bad”.

Teach yourself how to make jokes. Humor is vital in your situation.

If I could say anything to my 20 year old self, it would be “Be happy with what you have because it’s what God gave you”. I don’t know where you’re at with God. There’s no Mormon God, but that’s pretty meaningless. There’s also no Kolob, in case you planned on looking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2019 05:19PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 07:33PM

Welcome back, Nate! Look at it this way, a couple more years and your college education will be largely paid for. Hang in there and try to stay safe. We are glad to have you return.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.