Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 11:41AM

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2019/08/28/mormon-land-lolly-weed/

and thanks to gemini for telling me about this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2019 01:10PM by cl2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 12:17PM

This needs to be in the news a hulluva lot more. Some would call the straight spouse collateral damage. Bull to that. It is not additional or secondary damage. The straight spouse suffers primary damage. Major damage just like the gay spouse. Perhaps more.

While I was at BYU I watched so many gay men marry women and even then I could see what was going to be their future. About 8 years later I saw the movie "Making Love" with Kate Jackson as the straight spouse. Her pain was excruciating and palpable. When she finally smashed the plate on the floor it was unbearable for me. Some how I knew what she was feeling. What all the wives had been feeling. I knew when you, cl2, mentioned the "ick face." I knew what that was. I knew when I watched the Josh Weed video and the wives were claiming they were happy.

The young kids. They need to know what this is. The gay kids and the straight kids need to know all the sides to the equation.

Date: August 29, 2019 01:09PM

Her daughter even pointed out to her that they didn't belong.

She did say that the church doesn't condone these marriages any longer, but she is wrong--per someone who used to post here whose bishop, SP, and MP told him to marry a woman. The attitude is still there. My 35th wedding anniversary is September 1st. Shocking.

You never get over it.

She even points out that her kids were shocked when they would kiss. I remember my kids watching our wedding video and being shocked that we kissed in it.

And thank you for all your support.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2019 01:11PM by cl2.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 01:28PM

I'm not buying the "church doesn't condone" thing. Lolly is still in La La Land on that one, bless her heart. The Mormon church has it's official statements for the public, or, no statement at all. But behind the scenes all the ugliness is still there. You don't want to lift up the corner of that rug and see what is under it.

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 01:34PM

The MORmON church still believes you can pray the gay away and the right woman/man can change someone else's sexual preferences. Until they accept that Gawd isn't going to intervene they will continue to wreak havoc on the gays who desperately want to be straight and they people they end up with...

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 01:55PM

I can't listen to it. I know it would trigger me in a major

What would have been our 49th wedding anniversary is Sept. 4th. He postponed getting married back in 1968 by going on a mission and I was the supportive fiance who waited. I sent out our wedding invitations the week he arrived home and we got married 3 weeks later.

Date: August 29, 2019 02:13PM

I've listened to much more difficult things, but you never know what will trigger you. I wanted to hear if she had come to some of the same conclusions we had and wondered where she was in the lds church.

She and Josh are living together and he has a boyfriend that the whole family likes. She has dated, but just broke up with someone. Her maternal grandfather is gay, died of AIDS. Her grandmother thought she was crazy to marry him and tried to talk her out of it.

Done & Done, I agree. They still condone it. She did point out that the fact that they don't allow gays to have a relationship forces them into these marriages (to a point). I'll be forever grateful to you and others, Done & Done, for not marrying a female.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.