Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 30, 2019 06:33PM

What if you knew everything, and could do anything, including being in two places at the same time, and then decided not to have kids...?

One of the first things new ghawds might be tempted to do is play ping-pong by themselves. But I'd play it on a planet with no atmosphere so that the ball wouldn't burn us from friction.

I know that were I to become a ghawd, and then do nothing about attending ghawd socials and ghawd outings, or do any ghawd annex learning, the ministering ghawds would probably soon be texting me and otherwise butting into my ghawdliness business.

But ultimately, what could be done to me? Is there some way for my all-knowing, all-doing powers to be stripped from me? What if I invited Lucifer to a party, and gave him and his wife temporary bodies? Certainly, I could do so... Would I mimic my earthly life and become a heavenly pariah?

I know I would definitely work on trying to ring another ghawd's doorbell and getting away with him/her never knowing it was me. I do like a silly challenge!

Do you have any ideas of stuff you'd do if you were all-knowing and all-powerful and your dad couldn't ground you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: August 30, 2019 07:24PM

When I was sixteen my great hope was to become a photographer for Playboy magazine. Since all things are possible, is that still possible?

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: August 30, 2019 07:29PM

It’s possible, but you may have to deal with all of your many plural wives wanting to be models.

Posted by: not logged in ( )
Date: August 30, 2019 09:46PM

Could you claim omnipotence if you didn't score a hole in one every time at the Kolob Country Club?

So you'd be in a foursome with three other divinities, and each of you would shoot an 18 on **every single round** – BORING.

"How did you all do today, dear?"

"Another four-way tie. Just like every other $*&#^ time we play."

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 31, 2019 10:16AM

The down side of being a God! haha.

And so true. I have always said that the ultimate sin is being boring. And there is nothing more boring than a "know-it-all,"

So a being who actually does know it all, would be the ultimate Omnibore.

How could you enjoy giving a piano concert with the hardest piece ever written if your fingers could not possibly do anything but play perfectly.

If you are omniscient and omnipotent, then there is no challenge, no exploration, nothing to learn, nothing new to feel, no pride in accomplishment because perfection is a given. Trust me, I know. :)

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 31, 2019 09:32AM

Mr Diety plays golf. In a kilt. He hates being interrupted during his golf game.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rKM_JlCIMak No golf, but Lucy's a hoot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2019 09:39AM by Brother Of Jerry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.