Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 12:01PM

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lds-temple-recommend-evaluation/id1143816271

They have an app for that? Who knew? Get your own personalized worthiness rating.

I prophecy in the future you will be able to track your temple and church attendance, ministering efforts, random act of kindness etc. and get a better refined rating of your Mormon worthiness. Maybe in the future your access to a Second Anointing could be earned with an app? A calling to leadership immediately levels you up because God can intervene in your life when he needs more players in his war with Satan.

Ready Celestial Player One?

Just look how far he leveled up Joju!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 12:18PM

Back when I cared about my social standing in the Mormon community but still wanted to do what I wanted to do, I just lied in my temple recommend interviews. I found my charismatic bullshit overpowered any kind of discernment the so called judges in Israel had over me. I could pass a temple recommend interview while slightly hungover from the rowdy night before.

Of course the main motivation was to look good to my family and Mormon peers. I could go to that temple wedding. I never went to the temple on my own. In fact I hated it and being OCD all the ritualistic stuff creeped me out and I was never wild about agreeing to an oath that everything I had was there for the church to use. Hated the silly clothes. Found it all too weird and only went to weddings and sometimes ended up being dragged to the temple kicking and screaming on a ward or priesthood temple night.

I then had enough of it. I realized I just hated it all and I would be happier if I just gave the church the big heave ho. Like tearing off a large bandage I just got out quick and took the pain and felt a huge amount of relief went I had that monkey off my back.

Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 02:00PM

Same here.

Reading what you said, I initially thought, oh, if I’d stayed in a bit longer I could have really had some fun with them!

But no. As soon as I was sure, I ripped that bandaid off real quick. I resigned immediately and no looking back. As LDS.inc says itself, it’s either all true or all false. Do they still keep saying that? Because ultimately they’re shooting themselves in the foot with that one, obviously!

Posted by: pogie ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 12:23PM

Date: September 03, 2019 12:25PM

Or never need to question your worthiness...

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 02:08PM

She and her new husband went to Arches and Mesa Verde over Labor Day weekend. They stayed somewhere near Monticello. AND they went to the temple on Saturday.

Check.

Date: September 03, 2019 02:23PM

"Arches and Mesa Verde"

So jealous. Not about their temple.

Date: September 05, 2019 01:34PM

hell, but they went. I think my daughter is hanging onto summer as she spent the past 11 summers in Alaska. I know she had a hard time not going this year, but she did just get married (he worked up there 2 seasons, too, she got him on), but she said she's had enough cold weather and she just can't stand that it is going to be fall. She used to love the fall. So she went where it is HOT.

They went to Yellowstone the prior weekend. That is where I'd prefer to go. They took 5 days for each trip. They didn't go to the temple anywhere up there. I believe there is one up there now--by Alpine. I can't think of the place. I'll think of it after I hit post message.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 03:36PM

It's a $5.00 app in case you want to download it. I would rather not reward the 10 cow developer.

I think it's downright creepy and icky.

Date: September 05, 2019 01:35PM

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 03:49PM

I refuse to give that corporation money (tithing) so I automatically flunk the interview. So I don't need the app to tell me that.

Date: September 03, 2019 08:36PM

Well we’d all fail it just for being here! (Plus I’m definitely not a member, I got an email response from SLC confirming they fulfilled my request ten years ago).
But I did just switch from android to iPhone, like, today. And as we know, with god there are no coincidences! So maybe there’s hope?

Date: September 04, 2019 11:16AM

LJ12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So maybe there’s hope?

IF there is a God and where you are in the sight of that superior being can be gauged on a computer than that superior being is not much different than a deified computer.

Date: September 04, 2019 11:29AM

I dunno, I just got my new iPhone and I think god created it.

Joking aside, you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 10:36PM

Noooooooo, I still think this is a joke, Elder Berry. Really?

What's 10 Cow? Is that a Johnny Lingo reference? Is it a real business?

"A deified computer." Mormonism is all about record-keeping (even false reconds), numbers (which they tinker with), polls (which are slanted), and advertising (which is false). The cult isn't about being real or human.

Has anyone here on RFM ever received a hand-written personal letter from the cult, with a real (not copied) signature at the bottom or your personal name in the salutation?

Has anyone ever received a one-on-one personal phone call or visit that wasn't assigned, and scripted with a lesson or agenda?

It's all automated, impersonal, institutional, irreligious, business-like and cult-like.

No one in the ward ever really knew me, anyway, so, for me, I might as well have evaluated myself, and texted to them the necessary information, such as my yearly monetary "increase", and my attendance (which they had anyway).

Date: September 05, 2019 04:43AM

I wonder what would happen if WE were to use the app? Would it sound a piercing alarm, crash the system with a virus, or cause the smartphone to implode? Or could we post the results on social media? What does the app say if you are unworthy? Has anyone tried it? (I’m tempted but my phone is brand new).
Result: you are unworthy. See your bishop. Book your appointment here on repentandbeworthy.com
If I had £5 to spare I’d be tempted. Of course, it wouldn’t be free now would it? You have to pay to get into heaven, and now for the privilege of being judged as well.

Date: September 05, 2019 10:50AM

LOL! You hit the nail on the head - pay to get judged by your own phone.

Date: September 05, 2019 01:37PM

He would have a lot of fun with this app!!!

I think anyone on the board with an iPhone should do it and we should all go to the dinner in Tooele (per another thread).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.