Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 02:24PM

All they prove is that you had a life-long learning problem and a personal aversion to the FACTS!!!

You & Your ilk deserved Mormonism in wasting away your one-&-only-life that the Universe gave you...too bad...soo sad!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvEoeoWUVX4

Now ask me how I really feel about Bruce & his fellow Con-Men of the Q-12 Boy's Club!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 02:27PM

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 11:17PM

They several names for people who believe that facts don’t matter. None of them are good. Well, “prophet” sounds good.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 12:00AM

He always spoke in stentorian tones. He made bold pronouncements of doctrine in absolutist terms that allowed for no questioning, quibbling or back-talk.

Where others were fudgy-smudgy and vague, Bruce laid down the law in black and white. No gray areas.

If you didn't accept what he told you, you were on the fast track to hell. Simple as that.

You didn't need to parse and strain to interpret most of his pronouncements.

X was wrong. Y was right.

A is going to heaven. B is consigned to eternal damnation.

You're either with us or you're against us.

Don't be stupid, of course you are commanded to pay tithing on gross. EVERYTHING is subject to tithing.

Trying to have a personal relationship with Jesus is blasphemy and heresy. Jesus is too busy and important to have personal relationships with little people, nobodies, blue-collar types, chumps and rubes. That's why Jesus appoints General Authorities.

A lot of TBMs really liked that clarity. After all, that's why many people remain TBMs. Thinking for themselves makes them nervous and gives them headaches. They WANT the GAs to tell them what to think and what to do in clear and certain terms.

So it's really unfortunate that Bruce was just pulling everything out of his butt. But it was an Apostle's butt, so I guess that counts for something. And for TBMs he was like a bright, shining light cutting through the darkness...and they were like moths.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 12:00AM

I testify that Bruce is full of bullshit.

Date: September 04, 2019 01:09AM

And as far as I'm concerned (regarding his public persona) he was also one of the most arrogant and mean-spirited "Special Witnesses of Christ"...(whatever the heck that means) to walk the planet.

He and Boyd...two peas in a pod...& two Grade-A S.O.B.s!

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 12:37AM

The typical tone ..... You kinda forget things like that...

But with this video, all I can see is the lip licking.. he keeps licking his lips!.. so annoying!

Date: September 04, 2019 12:46AM

who masquerade as humans. The tongue flicking and licking is the give-away. For shape-shifters such as Bruce (real name: Eeksnark Igglsnock), maintaining the human form is exhausting and the more exhausted they become, the more frequently they have to flick their tongues and lick their lips. IIRC, he was once spotted enjoying a horsefly popsicle (horseflies encased in ice on a stick).

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 01:22AM

Well, that explains it!

It all makes so much sense now. WOW!

Thank you Wally Prince. For opening my eyes. I'm going to look through video's of more GA's now to see who else is an alien... (or maybe they all are...)

:-)

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 03:31AM

I've had classes in language at a sales seminars, and the experts (even down to Freud) believe that sticking out of the tongue is what it always has been--a sign of dislike and distaste.

It makes no difference who does this, reptilian, human, or child. (Dogs and animals are another story). If this gesture is used in seduction, the motive is not affectionate, but nefarious or exploitive.

Even if the tongue barely comes through, just the tiny tip, or if there is lip-licking, open-mouthed gum-chewing, spitting behaviors, the tongue is visible and is pointing at... YOU!

Does Bruce have distaste for what he is saying? Or is he insulting the audience? Probably both!

Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 05:09AM

Ugh, there are no words to describe this man and others like him. Likewise, I couldn’t really watch it. Luckily I missed out on him as a later convert. Everything he said and wrote is distasteful. Can’t help but think of Kimball and Maxwell in terms of written ‘work’?
It’s amazing to me that it took real brainwashing to be able to listen to GAs. Prior to said brainwashing, I thought all these men were creepy AF. I couldn’t even look at the photo of the first ‘presidency’. Now I’m back to that. And why do mormons cry when bearing testimony? I used to do it occasionally because I believed the BS (*cringe*). But females in the church and GAs do it a whole lot. Either they are in love with their acting skills and themselves generally, or perhaps they really do believe the BS they pull out of their own arses.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 07:09AM

This clip I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. I recall seeing it as a kid. It was right before he died of cancer. He knew he was done, and didn't want to go. A friend of mine told me before he kicked the bucket he was up everyday, and he saw him still jogging up State Street to the Capital, not walking but running. The guy was always going even when he had weeks to live, he wouldn't let himself slow down.

If he's licking his lips it's probably because he's really ill at the time.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 07:53AM

He and the rest of the authoritarian cabal made the Mormon Church what it is today. JFS, BKP, Petersen, Bednar, ETB and Oaks are among the other authoritarians.

The other faction was the corporatists. GBH first and foremost, but also Holland, Tanner, McKay, Nelson, HB Lee, SWK. The corporatists tend to be in charge, but the dark heart of Mormonism is the authoritarians. BRM is their godfather, IMHO

Date: September 04, 2019 08:39AM

Bednar is the new tyrant IMO. I didn’t even like him when I was a TBM; he gave me the creeps. Something is really wrong with him. My intuition just screams ‘evil’.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 03:21PM

I expect Bednar will one day be in charge, just by being the right age. I expect a lot of Millennials will finally throw in the towel when that happens. He creeps out a lot of people.

Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 08:37AM

Watching this dying crook read his solemn testimony truly moved me.

Teleprompters can be trusted, or else the only true church would not utilize them.

Date: September 04, 2019 08:49AM

“dying crook” - Well said. Yes, that’s another thing to remember, when the GAs cry when ‘bearing’ their testimonies, they are actually reading their testimonies. What a load of nauseating fakery.
The whole lip licking thing that some people do I thought is usually due to dry mouth, or anxiety. Don’t believe he was prone to anxiety, but he did have cancer.
But I don’t believe he was out running up to the time of his death. That’s more likely some stupid story that some worshipping TBM concocted. People of cancer just don’t do that, unless of course you are some super human GA, so I’m calling BS.

Posted by: Particles of Faith ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 10:30PM

I’ll say one thing for Bruce R. He was unambiguous. Even though he and BKP were the first two apostles I openly disagreed with on my long road to apostasy I always knew where he stood, unlike some of his successors.

Question: So, is it really true that you Mormons believe you can become gods?

GBH: I don’t know that we teach that.

BRM: Hell, yes!

Date: September 04, 2019 11:12PM

BRM and his father-in-law, Joseph Fielding Smith, were remnants of a bygone era when the owners of the scam were much more confident that the bamboozlement had such a strong hold on the minds of the sheep that there was no need to express uncertainty about anything.

"I am the great and powerful OZ!"

"I am the great and powerful Prophet and/or Apostle! I speak loudly and with great authority! I sneer and scowl at commoners who impudently question anything I say! I have the microphone! I control the newspapers of Zion! I control the magazines and other publications of the Church! I control KSL!"

Then a fluffy little dog named "Internet" started sniffing around and soon found a bunch of corrupt old men hiding behind a curtain full of special effects gizmos and sound amplifiers.

Little Internet woofed and woofed and then pulled the curtain back and soon the corrupt old men who had been fiddling with dials and yelling into microphones behind the curtain found themselves unveiled, de-curtained and very much revealed and exposed.

Standing there, squinting in the bright lights as thousands of questioning faces stared at them, they realized that they had some serious 'splainin' to do.

One of them, a guy named Hinckley, figured he could finesse the situation pretty well. He prided himself on being a public relations genius of sorts and was truly a legend in his own mind. He also apparently thought the movie "Gaslight" was an educational "how to" film that should be required viewing for cult leaders everywhere. Others among the huddled group of old men exposed behind the curtain followed his lead.

What? You thought that our church taught that God was once a regular mortal man? I don't know where you possibly could have gotten that idea. We really don't know much about it.

What? You thought that our church taught that ALL pre-Colombian inhabitants of the Americas and the Polynesian islands descended from a small band of people who relocated here from Jerusalem in 600 BC? I don't believe we ever taught anything of the kind. Now some of them may be descended from such a group. But we really don't know much about it.

What? You thought that it was taught as doctrine in our church that dark-skinned people from Africa are the descendants of Cain and you also strangely think that we ever instituted as a matter of doctrine the policy that prohibited Africans and their descendants from holding the priesthood and from participating in the temple endowment ceremony? It's so hard to understand where you could have possibly gotten such an idea. There was a policy. Yes, that much is correct. But we really don't know much about it.

What? You thought that we taught that Navajo people, or at least the 2nd or 3rd generation, would eventually turn white if they accepted and lived the gospel?

What? You thought that those disembowelment and throat-slitting gestures in the endowment ordinance were important for something? Where did you ever get such misunderstandings from? We really don't know much about it.

What? You thought....

What? You thought....

You thought that?

You should be ashamed of yourself for having thought such things. Really ashamed! Shame. Shame. Shame.

And many of the questioning faces began looking down at their feet in shame. They were ashamed of themselves for having misunderstood so much. They were ashamed of themselves for questioning those nice, humble old men.

Date: September 04, 2019 11:32PM

Yep exactly...

I can recall even as a kid that this movie scene disturbed and impacted me due to the unfairness by those who were considered to be in positions of Authority...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

Or so it seems to me...

Date: September 05, 2019 04:06AM

It's not polite to expose a scammer in mid-scam. How would you feel if you were feeling good and your scam was proceeding smoothly...only to have it all rudely interrupted by some yapping dog or whistleblower or other such pest?

BTW, from behind, the guy behind the curtain somewhat resembles the Great and Powerful Hink of Gordon.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 11:27PM

As pointed out by SB and many others, he lied about everyday corporate decisions that were ultra spiritual when they were not. His biggest one involved the 1978 decision to allow all worthy males to receive the priesthood. He was going around describing a special experience with wind, angels and trumpets when they told him to "knock it off."

I think the best insight to the church really works are the leaked videos that show the leaders discussing current events. Their concern over the popularity of the Johnny Depp pirate movie is priceless! And of course, they are truly frustrated with the transgender case; Chelsea Manning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2019 11:28PM by messygoop.

Date: September 05, 2019 03:56AM

How do we watch some of these leaked videos?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 04:42AM

LJ12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do we watch some of these leaked videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpVh24_wGoY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8hVH919KmY

There's more stuff to explore on the Mormon Leaks channel.

Had I seen these "corporate" board meetings as a youth, I never would have spent my $$$ to serve a mission. I really thought that they were special spiritual giants, but they act and behave like rejects from Woolworth's board of directors.

Date: September 05, 2019 04:47AM

Thank you, I didn’t realise this was a thing. Is there a video where they fret over the channel Mormon Leaks? :-)

Date: May 26, 2021 03:17PM

Boo hoo Bruce...& again for all your supposed erudition & perceived intellect you were truly, utterly & completely WRONG about your belief system.

YOU left the world worse off than when you found it...much like those who remain in "authority" over LDS-INC today.

YOU and your ilk shattered & still shatter good & decent families asunder in your wakes.

YOU were an arrogant charlatan through-&-through.

YOU & your past/present Q-12 Boys Club members were/are a stain upon humanity & a prime example of the blight foisted upon those who through no fault of their own just happened to be born into your CULT.

ALL one could ever hope is that in your final moments YOU finally realized that YOU contributed absolutely nothing of significance to humanity at large and/or to the World YOU exploited and left behind.

YOU were/are the Poster-Boy of the meaning that's noted in the Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary alongside your picture of "Patriarchal Pr*ck".

So AGAIN Bruce spare us your ignorant crocodile tears Bro!

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 26, 2021 04:53PM

I guess the reward they seek is that they get to be a big fish in a small pond, even if the pond is slime.

Old thread, but a goodie.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 03, 2021 06:07AM

on my mission, MORmON ASSpostHOLE Bruce came to a stake conference to speak. after hearing Bruce speak, it dawned on me that IF there was any kind of MORmON heaven with a POS like Bruce around......especially If he thought he was in charge..... then I wanted NO part of it and Hell would be much preferred instead. Just one more way that my mission was the beginning of the end of my belief in MORmONISM

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 03, 2021 06:11AM

Bruce's biggest fan was himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNO2aPLaP2o

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.