Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 11:36PM

I don't take any consolation in blogs and tweets about heavenly mother. She is at best, a consolation prize.

I don't believe in heavenly father either.Really?

I'm a grown up woman. I can't believe I ever fell for any of this nonsense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 01:36AM

Mother in Heaven is nameless, faceless and voiceless. That seems like the very definition of "nonentity". That's what you're supposed to aspire to?

D'oh!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 11:45AM

Sounds like you know nothing about our heavenly mothers Gonhorra and Kakistocra.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 01:45AM

between Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother (recorded just a few thousand years ago in heaven).

HF: So, what I plan to do is send them all into frail, short-lived physical bodies with extremely limited abilities and sensory perceptions. If they don't die right away, the basic patter they follow will be (a) clueless for about 20 years, (b) struggling to survive in a hostile environment for another 20 or 30 years and (c) declining in health and vitality and internally dealing with the horror of seeing their physical bodies literally withering up, shriveling up and decaying, a process that ultimately leads to a humiliating death. It's going to be a test to see if they can figure out exactly what I want them to do minute by minute, hour by hour, year by year and so on. They won't be able to see me, hear me or anything. In fact, they will all have amnesia and will not even know about me unless someone else tells them about me and the information they get from other humans will usually be quite wrong. If they fail this test, they will be eternally separated from us forever and will be tormented in excruciating ways. Most of them won't make it.

HM: Sounds great! I love it. When does the plan start?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 05:58AM

HM: I love when you talk dirty.

Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 03:52AM

Everything that the mormon “church” teaches is of no comfort, because it is all false, lies, a load of rubbish.

If you remember it is just a business corporation then it puts everything into perspective. Unfortunately because it pretends to be a religion, and the “only true” one as well, it is also a Cult. Which means it brainwashes it’s members into believing they need the “church”.

We can all lead far more meaningful, happy, moral and valuable lives without it. The worst thing about LDS.inc is that it teaches people just the opposite.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 06:03AM

Old Testament God is Chucky. Mormons made the sequel, Bride of Chucky.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 10:32AM

Somehow they think earth life with zero interaction with a heavenly mother is supposed to be comforting? It's disturbing actually. She's too "special" to speak about? Talk about a pedestal mentality! People are tricked into thinking women are important, but in reality, women are mere shelf ornaments for breeding.

As they morph into mainstream, how will they spin the Heavenly Mother concept?
Will it be quietly ignored and eventually go down the memory hole?
Will they try to transition lingering ideas about Heavenly Mother into talking points involving saints, angels or even Mary?

My guess is they will say, "We don't teach that. We don't emphasize that. That was so-n-so's opinion speaking as a man."

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 10:54AM

...is code in Mormonism for: "Our leaders never got around to developing the doctrine on this in any detail, so we have nothing more to say about it. But we don't want outsiders to infer from this that our leaders don't really have access to any special information from God about anything. Not that it wouldn't be a reasonable inference. We just don't want anyone to make it."

So..."too sacred" it is.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 10:55AM

Bingo

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 11:41AM

She is already quietly ignored. If she weren't indirectly mentioned in one of Mormondom's most popular hymns, she'd be forgotten already.

Even when I was a TBM, having a heavenly mother who was not allowed to communicate with her children in any way, shape, or form seemed bizarre.

I think the most awkward part for LDS Inc is that it should really be Heavenly Mothers. I think that is really what they want ignored. Well, I guess the "doctrine" that women are "less than" is crucial too.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 10:46AM

You know that song that the mormon cult followers sing with so much glee? "Heavenly father are you really there..."

Well I always wanted to yell loudly in sacrament meeting, right after that line, and throughout the jingle, "Nope..not here...nope...nada...no way...nopey", but never had the guts.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 11:17AM

Based on what has been revealed, the odds are most of us are half-brothers and half-sisters; same father different mothers.

In mormon heaven, do Jesus’ spiritual mom and la Virgen Maria ever get in cat fights about who gets to host the next crucifixion day party?

And whattaya wanna bet my spirit mama doesn't shave her legs or her armpits?

Could one of Elohim’s wives get away with having just one child? I'd like to think that I was a spoiled brat from the beginning!

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 04:14PM

Cat fights among "goddesses." Dog, you crack me up.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 11:23AM

Heavenly Father isn't sexist. Some of his closest friends and advisors are females. He just doesn't like to talk about them. They tend to get jealous when he speaks about one and not another.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.