Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 03:00PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 03:32PM

From what I understand they live in pretty swanky houses and drive nice (conservative) cars... all on the churches dime... that is something they prefer to keep quiet.. my ex-mo mom made the statement that everyone is a volunteer in the church's higher positions... I had to call BS on that one!

Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 03:36PM

Yes I was told repeatedly, fervently, and with a lot of conviction - as an investigator and as a new member - that they were all rich beforehand, and god only selects those who can support themselves when called as GAs. I mean, who has that much saved up to live in such luxury for so long? Obvious BS.
But mormons honestly know differently with all their heart inthenameofjesuschrisramen.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 04:54PM

We do know that as the Corporation Sole, (meaning no one has the legal right to contradict any written order or amendment he gives) Rusty H. Nelson can give himself and his confederates a raise, a bonus, whatever, any time he wants to.

It's my vague understanding that all the accounting work is done by the Presiding Bishop's office, and blah, blah, blah...

I'm sure that all the recent prophets have had 'advisors' who could answer questions for them, fill them in on this and that and offer opinions about worldly things, but naturally, when it comes time to pull the trigger, the prophet does what any man of ghawd would do: listen to the spirit, which is why you should never go shopping on an empty stomach!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 04:59PM

The cost of living is always rising, so their "reimbursements" go up too.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 05:02PM

But tithing stays at 10%...

Yay, verily, ghawd is merciful.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 05:55PM

From what I understand it isn't their salaries, their expense accounts, but their "gifts" from the church that fatten the inheritances they leave their children.

I doubt they leave all their gifts to their church but expect their members to leave their assets to their church.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 08:34PM

Rusty's reign. I've love to hear his input.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 05, 2019 08:53PM

too damn

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 09:19AM

It's far more than being just about what they get paid in the form of a paycheck. The tax-free reimbursements for things that cost you and I real money, and other benefits that paid mormon church leaders get, far outweighs their salary in most cases. From what I can tell, lower-level GAs get well over $100k/yr just on their paychecks alone. But if you live a relatively expense-free, tax-free life, you spend very little of those paychecks to support yourself and your family. It's a gravy train. I doubt they even pay tithing. They back-fill their new-found success stories by claiming that these men were all successful executives who took pay cuts to become GAs. Those are usually lies too. Lieing is what they do for a living. Why not lie about their own past also and justify their lie by claiming their right to privacy. Anyone that lets them do it deserves to be fleeced. Don't give any money to the mormon church ever.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 11:19AM

azsteve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a gravy train. I doubt they even pay tithing.

They don't.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 12:06PM

The only cost of revelation is batteries and ink refills for Rusty's lighted pen. As a side benefit, he can use it as a night light for nighttime trips to the bathroom.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.