Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The Midnight Penlight Holder ( )
Date: September 07, 2019 12:53PM

I just love this recent qoute from Dusty Rusty's "ministry" to Latin American...(cough)

“I hope that the focus won’t be on me. I hope the focus will be on the Lord, His work, and the fact that He can work with anyone that sits in that presidential chair. I’ve often made the statement it doesn’t matter who sits in that center chair as long as they understand how to receive revelation.”

You have "often" made that statement? Really. Cool. How incredibly lucky are we Rusty, that you and Wendy know how to recieve revelation!!

(What I get from the comment is that you know how, but MAYBE, some of your predessors did not KNOW HOW. That's fodder fro another thread)

Here are the 8 criteria of receiving revelation according throught the 2nd true order of Prophetic revelation according to Dusty Rusty and Bendy Wendy:

1) Must have hot babe cuddled next to you in the presidential bed, who is in RRM (Revelation Ready Mode)

2) Prophet must be a light sleeper, who can awaken at midnight at a moments notice for revelation.

3) Must have pen light in night stand next to the hot babe.

4) When revelation comes from Jesus or Eloheim, the Prophet must say the following sacred words, "It's happening again Wendy, grab the pen light and paper pad."

5) Hot babe stops cuddling the president, and must grab pen light and paper pad and then give directly to the presidential chair holder.

6) President must turn pen light on, and begin writing the glorious revelations of Jesus that follow.

7) When finished, prophet gives penlight and paper back to Hot Babe, who then places it in the night stand.

8) Hot babe resumes cuddling position, then bi-lateral prayer ensues to invite the spirit into the presidential bed. The subsequent actions then seal the revelation.

This is the true 2nd order of how to receive revelation. As you know there are more than just a few methods, but the presidential chairholder must employ a true method. How blessed we are that Dusty Rusty has shown us the 2nd true order of prophetic revelation. Of course, the 1st order of true revelation involved a hat and a rock, but the 2nd order is much funner as Dusty Rusty will attest, since a hot babe is involved.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: September 07, 2019 07:04PM

Sincere need for divine help during a prayer.

I was politically active in my community and had many enemies among the group with whom I associated.

The strain became so difficult that I prayed for divine help.
My answer was given me even before I had finished the prayer, with the message, "That's why I've given you my servant, Marty B" (a non-member), who at that very minute called to ask me, "Do you need me?".

It's hard not to believe in prayer when one has had such an experience. BTW, I have had several other experiences I could relate, but this is enough to answer the above question for now.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 12:16PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 01:21PM

Here's the REAL Mormon version:

A. He will boldly claim that God [has] spoken to him.

B. Any man so claiming would be a dignified man with a dignified message; no table-jumping, no whisperings from the dead, no clairvoyance, but an intelligent statement of truth.

C. Any man claiming to be a prophet of God would declare his message without any fear and without making any weak concessions to public opinion.

D. If he were speaking for God, he could not make concessions although what he taught would be new and contrary to the accepted teachings of the day. A prophet bears witness to what he has seen and heard and seldom tries to make a case by argument. His message and not himself is important.

E. Such a man would speak in the name of the Lord, saying, “Thus saith the Lord,” as did Moses, Joshua, and others.

F. Such a man would predict future events in the name of the Lord, and they would come to pass, as did Isaiah and Ezekiel.

G. He would have not only an important message for his time but often a message for all future time, such as Daniel, Jeremiah, and others had.

H. He would have courage and faith enough to endure persecution and to give his life, if need be, for the cause he espoused, such as Peter, Paul, and others did.

I. Such a man would denounce wickedness fearlessly. He would generally be rejected or persecuted by the people of his time, but later generations, the descendants of his persecutors, would build monuments in his honor.

J. He would be able to do superhuman things, things that no man could do without God’s help. The consequence or result of his message and work would be convincing evidence of his prophetic calling. “By their fruits ye shall know them” [Matt. 7:20].

K. His teachings would be in strict conformity with scripture, and his words and his writings would become scripture. “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost” (2 Pet. 1:21).

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2006/06/the-profile-of-a-prophet?lang=eng

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 01:33PM

In other words, any stuffed suit can be the church mascot if they can convince you they get direct revelation from Jesus.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 02:05PM

Shhhh!

Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 03:26PM

All true.

Except for the part about the hot babe.

I wonder how “marital relations” fit into this set up? Like does he get a revelation at the special moment, which adds meaning to the words: “It’s happening again Wendy”.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 07:03PM

“I hope that the focus won’t be on me. I hope the focus will be on the Lord, His work, and the fact that He can work with anyone that sits in that presidential chair. I’ve often made the statement it doesn’t matter who sits in that center chair as long as they understand how to receive revelation.”

I'm always having to translate what Mormons say:

"I hope that the focus won't be on me." --Nelson admits that the thought has occurred to him. Actually, he knows he is constantly creating a focus on himself. It's like when Mormons say, "Not to criticize..." or "Not to burst your bubble..." or "I don't mean to insult anyone, but..." And, you know their intention is exactly that!

"He can work with anyone who sits in that presidential chair." --first of all, how arrogant! Around here, the person sitting in the "presidential chair" is Trump. Also, where is that "center chair"? the Center of the Universe?

Rusty seems to be adopting the role of Chairman of the Board and President, and wriggling out of his "prophet" mantle. Rusty claims to "know how to" receive revelation; instead of it being a gift from God, or a power ordained unto him by God's holy power of the priesthood. I suppose Wendy knows how to receive revelation, also, because Rusty taught his "know-how" to her.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 07:14PM

Why would a Prophet of God need an LED light? Why not a seer stone that lights up in a dark hat? Why doesn't God illuminate the "presidential bedroom", like He did the Lamanite barges? Or, why doesn't Rusty just turn on a light? Wendy could wear a sleep mask. Is her beauty sleep more important that God's revelations to the World about names and soda-pop and meeting-times?

Why would God's revelations happen at night? Hasn't darkness usually been associated with Satan?

So, to receive revelations, one must be asleep?

In this day-and-age, doesn't a pen and paper seem, well, old-fashioned and inefficient?

Even in the old days, JS dictated to a scribe. Why doesn't Nelson dictate to Wendy?

Who gave Rusty the pen? A gift from a non-Mormon, maybe?

So many questions....

Thank you, Midnight pen-holder (double-entendre noted) for answering a few of my questions!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.