Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: September 07, 2019 07:53PM

The title at the head of this section of the N.P. was:

"MORMON LEADERS CHANGE RULES AGAINST GUNS IN CHURCH", quote: "Most Members of the Church of LDS already knew they were discouraged from taking their guns to church on Sunday, but the church is making that message crystal clear by tweeking the policy to prohibit all lethal weapons. The previous policy called it inappropriate to have weapons on church property. It will include an exception for law enforcement officers."

So, I guess in this day and age--where mayhem is having an effect on other denominations--has caused the church to catch up with the times. (Such as where my son and his family live, in Tennessee, where many residents are allowed to carry guns.) Thus we had to send my husbands German Luger which he obtained by trading his American cigarette carton ration--highly rated in Europe--for the pistol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: September 07, 2019 08:21PM

Were I a deceiver-in-chief and the endeavor was to maintain a people in a perpetually anxious, fearful, willfully ignorant compliant enslavement, I would most certainly distrust my charges.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 12:00PM

But... but... the commandment to change the policy MUST have come from Jesus, right?

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: September 10, 2019 11:11PM

Totally. The problem was that the last several "prophets" didn't know how to receive revelation. Now that Rusty, who KNOWS, is in place in the center chair with his trusty lighted pen, Jesus can finally get his messages out to the unwashed masses.

I wonder how good Wendy is at imitating Rusty's handwriting. Can she write something that looks as if it was written by God's mouthpiece himself, then slip it into the nightstand drawer? Would the old guy have any clue the following morning as to what he did or did not write from Jesus' dictation?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 12:05PM

but it will only be in the handbook given to bishops and someone here will find out about it and then we'll know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 12:05PM by cl2.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: September 10, 2019 06:35PM

There is no catching up.

With a weapon, it's fight or flight.

Without, it's the same, but with with less of a defence.

Posted by: MCR ( )
Date: September 10, 2019 08:16PM

It's so cute the way gun people always think they'll get the jump on the shooter. You know, if the shooter didn't have a gun, you'd be safe.

Posted by: MRC ( )
Date: September 10, 2019 10:51PM

It’s cute the way anti-gun people think that if guns are banned that everyone will turn them in. ;)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 06:55PM

Is there any reason not to use your regular name? I mean, anything other than cowardice?

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 02:16PM

As someone who has always lived in countries where there are basically no guns (UK and France), I totally agree MCR.

And to MRC, I say: STRAWMAN :-)

Tom in Paris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2019 02:17PM by Soft Machine.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 06:58PM

Are you asserting that those who don't have guns can't use guns to kill people?

Ridiculous!

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 08:40PM

Mormonism doesn't want followers (members) to protect themselves.

Or even THINK for themselves
In any way, shape or form
Including safety

It appears to keep members "safe"
Doing just enough to save itself

Posted by: Old Al ( )
Date: September 12, 2019 06:27AM

Good. That will stop deranged psychopaths from bringing their guns into a Mormon building.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.