Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 11:31AM

I'm not buying it
==============================

“I think it’s an offense to the Lord, it’s an offense to say give $1,000. I think it’s an offense to the Holy Spirit to place a price on the Gospel. I’m done with it. I will never again ask you to give $1,000 or whatever amount, because I think the Holy Ghost is just fed up with it.

“Did you hear me?” Hinn asked as his audience responded affirmatively in high spirits.

“I think it hurts the Gospel, so I’m making this statement for the first time in my life and frankly, I don’t care what people think about me anymore,” he continued.
“When they invite me to telethons I think they will not like me anymore. Because when you look at the word of God … if I hear one more time, break the back of debt with $1,000, I’m gonna rebuke them. I think that’s buying the Gospel. That’s buying the blessing. That’s grieving the Holy Spirit. … If you are not giving because you love Jesus, don’t bother giving,” Hinn argued. “I think giving has become such a gimmick; it’s making me sick to my stomach.”

https://www.christianpost.com/news/benny-hinn-renounces-prosperity-gospel-says-holy-ghost-is-just-fed-up-with-it.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 12:43PM

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 02:12PM

I had to Google Benny Hinn.

Never heard of him and so probably won't pay any attention to him now.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 02:39PM

Date: September 08, 2019 02:43PM

This has the famous "eye of the needle" verse:

17 And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 18 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honour your father and mother.’” 20 And he said to him, “Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth.” 21 And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” 22 Disheartened by the saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

23 And Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!” 24 And the disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how difficult it is[a] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” 26 And they were exceedingly astonished, and said to him,[b] “Then who can be saved?” 27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.” (Mark 10:17-27)

Posted by: Plaid n Paisley ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 02:49PM

I'll believe he's serious when he sells *all* he has and does his best to return all the donations he's received over the years. Unless he does this, he remains the unrepentant liar and deceiver he's been for many years.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 03:10PM

I’ll have to see someone faint first.

Date: September 09, 2019 06:38AM

He's the one with the "hearing aid" ("Conman, heal thyself!") (radio receiver) who goes through the crowd being alerted to which people have ailments he can "discern" and address.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 05:07PM

He's just mad it competes with his touch 'n faint gig.

Posted by: FathomThat! ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 05:51PM

He’s probably in trouble with the IRS and the DOJ for how he’s personally used tax-free donations on his lavish lifestyle. He’s such a FRAUD!

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 09:05PM

I don't think he said to stop giving. He said, "If you are not giving because you love Jesus, don’t bother giving.”

Does he think people who do not love Jesus would bother to donate money? Of course not. It's just another guilt tactic. So people who already give because they love Jesus have to really tell themselves they're giving because they love Jesus, not because they're "putting a price on the gospel." It will make them feel even better for parting with their money.

No way will he tell people to stop donating money. Just f'n with the minds of the gullible people who already give, and hoping to get even more from people who want to prove how much they love Jesus. What a scumbag.

Date: September 08, 2019 10:59PM

"And (Christ) told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man produced plentifully, and he thought to himself, ‘What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?’ And he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.”’ But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.” (Luke 20)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 11:36PM

Hey is a grand poobah level shyster.....and if god were actually paying attention, he/she/it would have smited his lying cheating fraudulent ass a long time ago and turned him into cinders.

Posted by: logged out 4 the weekend ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 11:55PM

His congregation should chase him around the countryside at double speed set to music… oh wait, that's Benny Hill.

I'd still watch that for a few minutes. Especially if they caught him at the end.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.