Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: beanhead ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 10:28PM

"Re: Did any of you write journals?

I was the elder who V. Dallas Merril destroyed as he went through my luggage.
He accused me of horrific things, all in an attempt to find any reason to send me home and make me an example.
If anyone is interested, I could elaborate on this display of abuse on a deeply personal level."

Yes Elder Mc please share your story. That thread got closed, please tell us what happened, thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 08, 2019 10:40PM

Wow

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 01:07AM

V.D.?

Posted by: munchybotazv2 ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 04:00AM

bloviating at the institution now known as BYU Idaho. Clearly, the man was preoccupied with power and influence. And how happy am I that somehow, after escaping that institution in 1980, I had the good sense to stop subjecting myself to that crap?! So patronizing, sooooo boring, so joyless and completely stifling.

I barely remember what it would have felt like to take him seriously, but I can certainly imagine how traumatic it must have been for young missionaries to have him going through their stuff and saying they were full of the antichrist and then being sent home. Yikes!

I hope Elder Mc will come back and share more about that experience.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 05:50AM

I too hope that Elder Mc comes back out of the wooodwork but, while I'm waiting, I rejoice at seeing you among us again, Munchybotaz! I hope you're well - you have been missed!

All the best to you

Tom in Paris

Date: September 10, 2019 03:56AM

I am well⁠—back in Utah for 3-1/2 years now. It doesn't feel like that long, and I guess it's been about 5 years since I posted very regularly. I must have worked out my stuff. Anyway I'm delighted to find familiar folks and have my presence acknowledged. Best to you as well.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 11:16AM

Date: September 10, 2019 03:38AM

Posted by: beanehad ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 07:12PM

V. Dallas Merrell,

Oops, I can't spell, and Elderolddog already had a thread summoning Elder MC.

Well, where is this guy on youtube? I wanted to check him out, but all I can find is some innocuous general conference address. He seems pretty bland in that thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91IIvYSeHVs Can somebody find another video? I want to see his meanness for myself.

Looks like V Dallas Merrell died February 2019.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 07:14PM

It's okay. No one pays any attention when EOD says things.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 07:27PM

Are you and Saucie talking about me behind my back?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 07:49PM

I'm sorry. Did you say something?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 07:23PM

I would hope that these church tyrants scale back their meanness in this day and age where people have phones that record their talks. You used to need a humongous video camera so I think they spouted off believing that nobody was recording and that half of the people there would forget what was said (and the assumption that the good missionaries would naturally defend the GA right-or-wrong).

One good thing about today's missionaries, I think that they would feel less intimidated by church leaders and more likely tell someone who would go straight to the media. Today more people and members realize that church leaders are far from perfect. Years ago a person accusing a bishop would be discredited because he's the bishop and thus "credible".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2019 07:25PM by messygoop.

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 06:26AM

When I'm yelling at my heathen neighbors that they need to get assimilated into the [long] cause its important to remind them that all of our Bishops in the Church are called of God and that they are all automatically credible. So far it seems like none of them on the receiving end are part of the Elect that we're gathering as they still haven't been assimilated yet. But hopefully they'll spread the good news to everyone online that our Bishops are always automatically credible. That ought to do wonders to our baptism numbers, just like when they read my posts and think "wow this person is so non-delusional about his super true, honest, and transparent Church; when can I get baptized".

Posted by: Hoax ( )
Date: March 05, 2024 06:00PM

Wow, I thought I was the only one who was treated like a piece of shit by him…. He accused me of having sexual relations with a female member, I was interrogated all day for several days in a row, I wasn’t allowed to do anything except sit at a table until he was ready to interrogate me again. He called me every horrible thing in the book and I was eventually sent from the Salt Lake south mission to the Georgia Atlanta mission. That was another nightmare…..V Dallas Merrel is/was a horrible ungodly man, I was astonished at his promotion in the church, given what I know of the man…the female I referred to was excommunicated for absolutely NOTHING, she also was accused and harassed based on a complete lie….

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 05, 2024 06:08PM

I am so sorry. That's the kind of treatment you might get in a third world country. Your trust in the church was completely abused.

Posted by: Hoax ( )
Date: March 05, 2024 06:43PM

Absolutely 100%… I haven’t been back to that church in almost 40 years! And never will!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 05, 2024 07:03PM

Good for you.

Nobody needs that kind of crap.
Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 06, 2024 06:55PM

V Dipshit Moron. The church is easily fooled by narcissists so there are no safeguards against highly abusive people being put in positions of authority.

Posted by: anon1234 ( )
Date: March 12, 2024 09:59AM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> V Dipshit Moron. The church is easily fooled by
> narcissists so there are no safeguards against
> highly abusive people being put in positions of
> authority.

Sadly true. The entire church is like a Third World entity and the society around it often is also.

Posted by: SoCal Apostate ( )
Date: March 06, 2024 10:35AM

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 06, 2024 11:16AM

It was on or before 2019, so it's probably not worth finding, IMO.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.