Paging Dr. Dusty Rusty
Date: September 09, 2019 11:48AM
*** Admin note: please pick one username and stick with it. Thanks -- CZ (admin) ***
when Dr. Dusty was called upon to use his priesthood to heal a man from a "massive adominal" hemorrage.
“The Spirit dictated that the bleeding would stop and that the man would continue to live and return to his home and profession.” The man recovered and returned home."https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/prophets-and-apostles/what-are-prophets/bio/russell-m-nelson?lang=eng
This is just such an inspiring story of the true power and authority of the Melchizek priesthood. I realize that there were "several" priesthood holders there to assist the prophet, but it was indeed his voice that "acted." I am just so glad that the prophet is so humble as to not take credit for this with descriptors like "several" there.
The prophet was not only a gifted surgeon when needed, but also knew how to use his power and authority when needed.
I guess I am left with questions though:
1) So why no recent experiences? Why just remote references from 40 years ago?
2) Perhaps God was celebrating that year, being 1978?
3) Where is this lucky man? Can he come forward? Is he still alive? How come we can't identify him by name in the article?
4) How did they know that he had a "massive" stomach bleed, since there was no medical equiptment reportedly to use?
5) So there were several doctors there, I guess all "mormons" with the priesthood. Why were they there if they didn't bring any equiptment with them?
I don't mean to seem skeptical. I am just so glad that the priesthood has been restored to the Earth during these latter days. I just wish when they tell about miracles and healing, that they give sufficeint information so that it can be verified. I believe it, but there are others of low faith (like on this board/forum) who would benefit in their faith by knowing a few more details.
So yes, he was a great doctor, but more so, a faithful priesthood holder.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2019 12:07PM by Concrete Zipper.