Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Paging Dr. Dusty Rusty ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 11:48AM

*** Admin note: please pick one username and stick with it. Thanks -- CZ (admin) ***

when Dr. Dusty was called upon to use his priesthood to heal a man from a "massive adominal" hemorrage.

“The Spirit dictated that the bleeding would stop and that the man would continue to live and return to his home and profession.” The man recovered and returned home."

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/prophets-and-apostles/what-are-prophets/bio/russell-m-nelson?lang=eng

This is just such an inspiring story of the true power and authority of the Melchizek priesthood. I realize that there were "several" priesthood holders there to assist the prophet, but it was indeed his voice that "acted." I am just so glad that the prophet is so humble as to not take credit for this with descriptors like "several" there.

The prophet was not only a gifted surgeon when needed, but also knew how to use his power and authority when needed.

I guess I am left with questions though:

1) So why no recent experiences? Why just remote references from 40 years ago?

2) Perhaps God was celebrating that year, being 1978?

3) Where is this lucky man? Can he come forward? Is he still alive? How come we can't identify him by name in the article?

4) How did they know that he had a "massive" stomach bleed, since there was no medical equiptment reportedly to use?

5) So there were several doctors there, I guess all "mormons" with the priesthood. Why were they there if they didn't bring any equiptment with them?

I don't mean to seem skeptical. I am just so glad that the priesthood has been restored to the Earth during these latter days. I just wish when they tell about miracles and healing, that they give sufficeint information so that it can be verified. I believe it, but there are others of low faith (like on this board/forum) who would benefit in their faith by knowing a few more details.

So yes, he was a great doctor, but more so, a faithful priesthood holder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2019 12:07PM by Concrete Zipper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 12:13PM

Every time I read about how great RMNelson is (was), I'll tell about how I asked him for help with a broken family near Seattle when he visited here a few months ago; instead he spoke to a crowd at the baseball stadium that holds about 40k people...
Afterwards, attendees were invited for a photo-op with him, I imagine each photo took about 30 seconds to get in - snap - make room for the next photo. Got it.

Last night on PBS there was a story about how Hitler held mass rallies to whip up support in Facist Germany, about how he would address the crowd as their 'honored leader'...

I'm sure there wasn't a similarity, Right?

Posted by: robinsaintcloud ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 12:17PM

seems he could have saved the cost of medical school and just performed blessings instead.....or am I missing something.....

Date: September 09, 2019 12:21PM

and the time missed attending to the sick & injured...

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 01:42PM

I think this story is embellished with extra awesomeness.

This resort town has 3 hospitals so I would like to believe that there was at least one with rudimentary first first aid at the time.

My big question: Why would all these Mormon md's go to Mexico when the reason these places exist is for Yankee turistas to get drunk?

Wouldn't they be paying attention to SWK's talks about avoiding the appearance of evil?

What I think happened was that somebody got diarrhea from eating too many fish tacos. Some mormon mentions that if they have a group prayer, then mister upset stomach might feel better. Somebody went to the pharmacia and looked for some pepto in a bottle. Story was fabricated because no good member is going to call out a 95 year old for fibbing. Also, Rusty has outlived everyone in his mormon md group.

Date: September 09, 2019 01:51PM

But it's good to know that the PH power is still active/valid, Right?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 02:01PM

I had a cousin who died at age 37. She was 3 days older than I am. She had 6 children. She died, of all things, lung cancer. Her father was a SP and the GAs even prayed for her. The ward fasted and prayed many times. She was sure she would survive as God would certainly want her to be there for her children. Nope. She died.

So why did she die? And this man lived?

I don't buy it either. Prove it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2019 02:02PM by cl2.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 02:07PM

A relative of my wife passed away after falling off a ladder. He was working on a light fixture. He had no signs of internal bleeding for several weeks until he was rushed to the ER. That's when it was discovered that he had ruptured his spleen. He died hours after being admitted into the hospital.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: September 09, 2019 02:50PM

Reportedly, Rusty's wife Danzel died at home in his presence of heart failure. If a famous heart surgeon and special witness of Jesus can't save his own wife, how cany he save anyone else?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.